Nead Putter Thread

Wow - I want this one, but promised myself a few lessons first...

Wow - I want this one, but promised myself a few lessons first...

The first one is stunning.

jatu8ura.jpg

I think this is the face.

myqapu5y.jpg

Very nice Cookie! Classic pintail old school style. Love it.

Perhaps the most beautiful looming putter I have ever seen. It is what the metal block was I was holding in my hand during the THP TV segment.

that mokume gane is really sweet looking, for me when putters look that much like art i do find them harder to game. Damascus nead i own only sees the bag a few times a year because its such a beauty. the Mokume would be really hard to bag unless the conditions were absolutely perfect. True work of art he makes some of the most amazing putters and accessories. its amazing what he can do with just his hands and some tools and a chunk of metal.

i'll have to get some pics of mine and post them up in here.

that mokume gane is really sweet looking, for me when putters look that much like art i do find them harder to game. Damascus nead i own only sees the bag a few times a year because its such a beauty. the Mokume would be really hard to bag unless the conditions were absolutely perfect. True work of art he makes some of the most amazing putters and accessories. its amazing what he can do with just his hands and some tools and a chunk of metal.

i'll have to get some pics of mine and post them up in here.

I really like the fact that it's maintenance free. Also I personally think it feels better than any Damascus I have putted with. The reactions we have gotten to the feel have all been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the fact that it's maintenance free. Also I personally think it feels better than any Damascus I have putted with. The reactions we have gotten to the feel have all been great.

Maintenance free is always better especially when you're spending a lot of cash on a custom.

So nice to be over here!!!! Please do not hesitate to ask if you ever looking for anything specific.

Chip Fortune,
www.wantsandneads.com
Hey Chip, thanks to you and Gene for popping in and sharing all the info and pics. Also thanks for quick reply (and pic) on my email Monday. Welcome aboard.
cheers, marty c.

Hey Chip, thanks to you and Gene for popping in and sharing all the info and pics. Also thanks for quick reply (and pic) on my email Monday. Welcome aboard.
cheers, marty c.

No problem at all Marty! Anything to help!

Chip

Seeing some awesome putters coming from Gene

I'm lucky enough to actually be able to call Gene a good friend. I have known Gene for several years now and can honestly say that putter making is something he loves to do. He genuinely enjoys building a beautiful putter. I can also attest that Gene is sort of a crazy perfectionist… while we gawk in amazement at his putters, all he sees is something new he can add to make them better. I encourage anyone that thinks about having a putter made to reach out and give him a call….he's super busy, but is always willing to stop and talk.

I'm lucky enough to actually be able to call Gene a good friend. I have known Gene for several years now and can honestly say that putter making is something he loves to do. He genuinely enjoys building a beautiful putter. I can also attest that Gene is sort of a crazy perfectionist… while we gawk in amazement at his putters, all he sees is something new he can add to make them better. I encourage anyone that thinks about having a putter made to reach out and give him a call….he's super busy, but is always willing to stop and talk.

That is just good stuff right there. I need a Nead.

Also, welcome to THP!

Repair tool Gene just completed. This will make your playing partners a bit jealous!!!
ubedyru9.jpg
uda2utav.jpg
jagy7ate.jpg
zujeqypu.jpg
uju9u2yv.jpg

Someone please fill me in on how to post pictures…it can't be really this hard.:act-up:

Gene, the picture isn't showing up, can you try it again! You should just need to copy the web address into the IMG tags.

The putters shown so far have been wonderful. Wow, amazing work. I will be following this thread closely.

I like the look of all of those accessories. I've been wanting a yardage book/score card holder thingy. Whatever they are called.

Handmade copper plated carbon steel, only part of this putter done in a milling machine is the face. The rest was completely done by hand.

me8eduvy.jpg
7egujagy.jpg
dy8enu9u.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nead Putter Thread

Copper 991 long weld neck, 991 was my Uncles number on his race car when I was a youngster, and that was a long time ago.

a3agu9uj.jpg

ebu9e9yj.jpg

guza3uze.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

Pure art with those putters. Amazing talent & hope one day I am fortunate enough to roll one.

This is our 888 these are all built to shape that the owner wants this one is stainless steel.

mepe5emu.jpg

ure6ajeq.jpg

Some of our handmade 888 shapes and sizes, I put a handmade metal ferrule on most every one

garuqy4e.jpg

The most classic headshape of them all. Hooooooooly cow.

Back