The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else have this problem? At your place of work or elsewhere. You say "Hello" to someone, whether you know them or not, and they look completely at you ... but don't say a damn thing? Why is that? I don't care if you know me from Adam but I am at least going to say Hello back to you. It's just common courtesy. I don't care if you are having a bad day or not. No matter how bad of a day I am having I am going to at least acknowledge you. WTH? Anyone else ever see this happening? This is my "Rant of The Day."

I work with a life hater so I go out of my way to be extra cheerful to him just to piss him off.

Don't understand how people can go through life like this .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work with a life hater so I go out of my way to be extra cheerful to him just to piss him off.

Don't understand how people can go through life like this .

The rant thread has 407 pages and the Happy thread has 134 pages. :D

Fourth day of a sore lower back but getting a bit better :banana:. No golf today but I'm heading to the gym for some mild stretching and such. When ya get a bit older, it's tough to deal with how much longer it takes your body to recoup from a muscle pull etc.

what is your point?

It was in response to Jrod and not understanding how people live like this. Its more than people think. Misery loves company and people love to rant. Hence the reason that I agreed with that and showed that the rant thread has 3 times as many posts as the happy thread. :confused2:

It was in response to Jrod and not understanding how people live like this. Its more than people think. Misery loves company and people love to rant. Hence the reason that I agreed with that and showed that the rant thread has 3 times as many posts as the happy thread. :confused2:

Gotcha ... makes sense.

I like to think that the vast majority of the posts are people consoling the ranter......wonder how many legit rant posts there are compared to legit HHJJ posts.

A mild rant but one that's a slight pet peeve. i know no harm is really meant by this.

But I think people do a disservice to the seriousness of dementia when they jokingly say, I can't remember where I left my keys....I hope I'm not getting dementia. I don't think people would joke about hoping they don't have cancer if they find a bump on their wrist or something.

Forgetting where you left something or why you walked into a room and forgot what you went there for is not dementia. My sister worked for the Gulf Coast Alzheimer's Association. She told me once a clear distinction. Forgetting where you left the remote is just a matter of too many things trying to find a place in your brain to sit. Having the remote in your hand and not knowing what it's for is Dementia. Or going into the room and not recognizing it as your room is dementia.

I'm probably a little sensitive to it as my mother is slipping more and more each day to this disease. Trust me after having the PC police sicked on me this week, I'm certainly don't hold it against anyone saying this as long as it's just a moment of humor and they aren't honrstly obsessed thinking they have it.

it's just something to think about.

That's probably about my post. I joke about it a lot, often far more overtly than that. Beats crying.
I watched my grandmother linger and die, lost and isolated. My mother is now declining and has had to be moved to a higher level of care facility after the last assessment. My siblings and I have developed a bit of a black sense of humor about it, mainly amongst ourselves, often revolving around which long-dead relative Mom thought we were last visit.

I never mean to dismiss the seriousness of dementia, Alzheimer's or otherwise. It sucks, long and hard and repeatedly. Anyone touched by it knows this. We all deal with it differently.

As an Ohio guy, it was Michigan, but we wont hold it against the entire state. Too many good people to let one ruin it for them on a single night.

Wait! What?!?!
We don't need Michigan on your bad list dude!

Wait! What?!?!
We don't need Michigan on your bad list dude!

I have no bad list. No bad list for areas or people. I dont hold grudges.
As was said, GG might though. :D

but to be faire, THP has 3 million pages of golf threads, and they count as happy threads in my book :)

so its 3000000134 againts 407

life is good

Torpedoed my round with a triple on the last hole this morning, then driving home got a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt. Poop.

I ended up shipping that club for $12.20. I asked the clerk this morning why on earth I was told $35.20 last night, he said either they fat fingered the box dimensions and didn't look when I questioned why the amount was so high, or entered it wrong intentionally. Thanks USPS.

Still not home from Savannah. Detoured back thru Atlanta to get more treatment on my neck shoulder. Doesn't seem to be working as the pain simply won't subside. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, but, this is wearing me down. I'm going home tomorrow regardless.

Ken, put your Invitational Trophies in the freezer for a while and then use them to ice down those problem areas while you sip a fine bourbon.
In all seriousness, I hope you feel better soon sir.

in the Navy the say a b****ing sailor is a happy sailor. People are going to complain more than say they will say they are happy

Kcthpo. Keep calm and get your thp on!

in the Navy the say a b****ing sailor is a happy sailor. People are going to complain more than say they will say they are happy
In my short time in the Navy (haha). I used to say be part of the solution. Being part of the problem is the lazy way out.

After reading this and the corresponding replies after...

I no longer have anything to rant about... heading over to the HHJJ thread.

So apparently I am not Christian enough and need to pray for my children. Thank yoy bible beaters at chick-Fila for pointing that out as I enjoy my spicy chicken sandwich. Oh and by the way, spare the rod and spoil child isn't a good way to justify hitting your little boy for screaming with joy as he runs around with my kids.

Everyone pray for me, I'm on a fast track to hell. Better repent!!!

Christians are the worst part of Christianity. I'm sorry that happened to you. But the real travesty is ordering a spicy chicken sandwich at cfa. This should be reserved for Wendy's. #1 with extra pickles should be the only thing on cfa's menu, although the Cobb salad is pretty good too.

Christians are the worst part of Christianity. I'm sorry that happened to you. But the real travesty is ordering a spicy chicken sandwich at cfa. This should be reserved for Wendy's. #1 with extra pickles should be the only thing on cfa's menu, although the Cobb salad is pretty good too.
I'm a fan of their chicken salad too. Maybe not the bread they serve it on, but the chicken salad is good. I agree on the #1 with extra pickles, with a bit of polynesian sauce it's awesome.

As to crazy mom in the play area ... it's a no win situation. If you respond as viciously as they do, it just proves to them that they were right. And you can't actually kill them with kindness (because kindness can't really kill someone) so there's no point in going down that route either. :tongue: I have been known to look at people like that (I have my own experience with that sort of individual when I first arrived to Oklahoma) and say "What is your major malfunction?"

I'm a fan of their chicken salad too. Maybe not the bread they serve it on, but the chicken salad is good. I agree on the #1 with extra pickles, with a bit of polynesian sauce it's awesome.

As to crazy mom in the play area ... it's a no win situation. If you respond as viciously as they do, it just proves to them that they were right. And you can't actually kill them with kindness (because kindness can't really kill someone) so there's no point in going down that route either. :tongue: I have been known to look at people like that (I have my own experience with that sort of individual when I first arrived to Oklahoma) and say "What is your major malfunction?"

I had a similar incident happen at a hotel in Pennsylvania a few years back while on vacation with the family. A church group was eating breakfast and not getting up to let other guests use the dining area even after being asked by both guests and the management. I made an exasperated comment to my wife, and a group of women immediately came up to me and told me that my soul needed praying for and they were going to do it right then and there. I let them know it wasn't necessary but then one of them tried to lay her hand on me. I immediately backed up, said "no thanks, I'M GOOD!!" and then asked her to please move the hell out of my way.

We went out for breakfast that day.

Well... Just like that I'm not going to get to go home tonight...

That's probably about my post. I joke about it a lot, often far more overtly than that. Beats crying.
I watched my grandmother linger and die, lost and isolated. My mother is now declining and has had to be moved to a higher level of care facility after the last assessment. My siblings and I have developed a bit of a black sense of humor about it, mainly amongst ourselves, often revolving around which long-dead relative Mom thought we were last visit.

I never mean to dismiss the seriousness of dementia, Alzheimer's or otherwise. It sucks, long and hard and repeatedly. Anyone touched by it knows this. We all deal with it differently.
No honestly not at all. It was about an annoying 20 something in my office who is a hypochondriac she is always saying she thinks she has this or that. It gets old.

I did see your post and fully took it as humor. Thats why I clarified I often joke about it to my sisters. I guess it's like the old saying. I can beat the hell out of my kid brother, but nobody else better touch him. Ha

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. It's getting harder to speak to my mother and it's starting to hit me harder than I thought it would.

Sorry if I made the post sound like it was directed at you. It really is about miss annoying.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back