Nead Putter Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread will serve as a new host of all the wonderful pictures that Gene and his team will post of their latest creations.

This neaded to happen. hehe Can't wait to see what he does next.

This excites me, some of the putters at the show were just stone cold stunners. Gene's designs keep evolving and I really like that.

He has some really impressive designs. Looking forward to seeing some photos.

biti4_zpsee62af5c.jpg

If I was getting one done, this would be the shape I would start with. Center shaft with a deep flange. So many options between materials and face milling etc.

biti4_zpsee62af5c.jpg

If I was getting one done, this would be the shape I would start with. Center shaft with a deep flange. So many options between materials and face milling etc.

BiTi mallet I think, looks similar, maybe a touch smaller. The work that goes into making that one is ASTOUNDING, multi material head. I asked Gene about this one at the show and he was kind enough to talk about everything that goes into making them.

This should be a great thread. I've put forth the effort to make a handful of putters myself, but I'm not in the same league as Gene (or many other's). His putters are great looking. At some point, I can see me owning one. Can't wait to see some pic's. The video from the PGA show was great. I follow him on Twitter and he post some great stuff there.

Awesome thread! I am really impressed with the pics from the show and what I saw on their website. Can't wait to see more!!!

I have a feeling this thread will skyrocket up my list of favorites soon enough.

Just an FYI for all - The Nead sales site "wantsandneads.com" has today posted some newly available post-show items for sale.

I have always enjoyed Gene's creations and its always fun to see what's new that they are working on.

I really like the new one he has that is the Damascus looking one but uses different materials. Sorry I can't think of the name of it off the top of my head.

Can't wait to see the works of art that Gene comes up with. That BiTi mallet is pretty sweet looking, and would be where I would start as well.

I have always enjoyed Gene's creations and its always fun to see what's new that they are working on.

I really like the new one he has that is the Damascus looking one but uses different materials. Sorry I can't think of the name of it off the top of my head.

Mokume gane, made from coper, nickel and brass or copper, nickel it can also be made from gold and silver but I would never make anything for a putter out of gold.

Thanks,

gene

I got this one from Duey last year in a trade. So pretty.
me9e3e9u.jpg
sysajedu.jpg
6ubymuhy.jpg
Complete with engraved signature!

Mokume gane, made from coper, nickel and brass or copper, nickel it can also be made from gold and silver but I would never make anything for a putter out of gold.

Thanks,

gene

Perhaps the most beautiful looming putter I have ever seen. It is what the metal block was I was holding in my hand during the THP TV segment.

I have a feeling this thread is going to be filled with some incredible pictures.

Perhaps the most beautiful looming putter I have ever seen. It is what the metal block was I was holding in my hand during the THP TV segment.

Even that block was pretty!

Thanks,

gene

Thank you! Yes. Those look so amazing. I am thinking I will need to own one at some point. Truly a unique putter.

biti4_zpsee62af5c.jpg

Center shaft, deep flange, with deep milling. Yep, I will own one at some point.
I got this one from Duey last year in a trade. So pretty.
me9e3e9u.jpg
sysajedu.jpg
6ubymuhy.jpg
Complete with engraved signature!
Icey,
That is a sweet putter. Congratulations on adding her to your collection.

Been following these guys on twitter and they have posted some amazing putters. Just beautiful.

Just wanted to share a few pics of the Mokume Gane 991 here. Thanks for all your support here guys!

Chip

5y3y7y4u.jpg
ejejadab.jpg
a6y7utu5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

love that finish Chip. They looked great at the show last week

That is stunning.

The best looking putter I have ever seen. Held it in hand at the show and said to Morgan as we walked away, that will be mine eventually. She turned back to me and said "Good lord". Honest to God truth is that Gene offered me any putter he had. I told him that was an amazing offer based on how I feel about his work, but would rather get one to use as a contest. He and Chip (both awesome people) loved the idea and said "Lets do 2".

There you have it. We will be doing 2 in the next few weeks.

Back