THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

So the Browns just lost a game on blocked field goal that went back for a touchdown on the last play of the game. The Lions lost a game on a facemask penalty and a 60 yard hail mary on the last play of the game.

I hope the golfers are better than the football players or this could be epic for all the wrong reasons. hahahaha

So the Browns just lost a game on blocked field goal that went back for a touchdown on the last play of the game. The Lions lost a game on a facemask penalty and a 60 yard hail mary on the last play of the game.

I hope the golfers are better than the football players or this could be epic for all the wrong reasons. hahahaha

I hope so as well...

Emulating our football teams is something that I believe both sides can agree on is no Bueno!

In other news, I am exploring angles to be available to attend if needed....

Given the crappy weather in the Midwest for the next few months, what are you guys doing to prepare during the offseason?

Net work using camera and impact tape, lots of putting and chipping. Working out to try and add a few yards off the tee and work on flexibility especially in my hips. I should look into where the closest sim to me is. And if there is no snow on the ground I will be playing any time big met is open. bribing mattdean is probably a good strategy as well.

Given the crappy weather in the Midwest for the next few months, what are you guys doing to prepare during the offseason?

Got a sim league starting in Jan/Feb - which involves lots of coaching from the pro who runs it. Daily putting practice indoors. Lots of drills to improve my weight shift & impact positions. Stretching, yoga to improve flexibility. And getting outside & playing as much as possible: if it's 40 degrees or higher I'm gonna try to play

Wrong thread, my bad!

Last edited:

Michigan hopefuls, I suggest you follow the #Grandaddy live update thread and watch how a team can come together with a common goal in mind. Win as a team, lose as a team, there are no individual prizes. Even though there are several Ohio guys on the team we are all pulling for a #TeamRedemption victory!

Michigan hopefuls, I suggest you follow the #Grandaddy live update thread and watch how a team can come together with a common goal in mind. Win as a team, lose as a team, there are no individual prizes. Even though there are several Ohio guys on the team we are all pulling for a #TeamRedemption victory!

Love this post. You could choose your guys with a scavenger hunt for those that followed along.

Love it Jeremy!
Good luck #TeamRedemption!
(Even the Ohio guys...)

Love this post. You could choose your guys with a scavenger hunt for those that followed along.

Let the games begin! Hahaha, love it.

Thanks for the love Jdtox. Special to say the least.

Is it safe to assume that the course we are going to be playing will be announced after the grandaddy wraps up?

Is it safe to assume that the course we are going to be playing will be announced after the grandaddy wraps up?
Definitely.

If you don't get the "definitely" joke, the course will be announced in due time.

Way to quiet in here! Now that The Grandaddy is over there may be a few new members who could have missed this.

correct, I believe JB said in the near future that info would be released.

In the interim team OH will be holding its 2nd official unofficial tryouts this Saturday, all are welcome to join

Way to quiet in here! Now that The Grandaddy is over there may be a few new members who could have missed this.

I wanted to add a good job to Phil and Mike as Ohio representatives in this year's #TheGrandaddy.

I wanted to add a good job to Phil and Mike as Ohio representatives in this year's #TheGrandaddy.

Thanks brother. This event was discussed amongst our grandaddy team a couple times this past week. It will be cool to see what course gets picked and find out how teams get picked.

correct, I believe JB said in the near future that info would be released.

In the interim team OH will be holding its 2nd official unofficial tryouts this Saturday, all are welcome to join

You guys probably do need as many practice rounds you can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a round in with bullfrog yesterday, played OK, shot an actual 93 that ESC'd to a 90.

Was nice not needing a putter after multiple wedge shots....

Not bad for a 40+ handicap....

Not too bad for playing golf in December!

Are you using the Callaway hdcp system? :alien:

Not too bad for playing golf in December!

Are you using the Callaway hdcp system? :alien:

Lol.

Lessons and work paying off, swing feels best it's ever felt, still some mistakes and lapses to clean up, but with that 93 I left a good 5-6 putts at the hole....

Like I said not bad for a 40+

Got a round in with bullfrog yesterday, played OK, shot an actual 93 that ESC'd to a 90.

Was nice not needing a putter after multiple wedge shots....

Not bad for a 40+ handicap....

Michigan Slice, I am going to make sure I come up and play a round with you after the new year, or once snow leaves I should say, where did you guys play yesterday?

Lol.

Lessons and work paying off, swing feels best it's ever felt, still some mistakes and lapses to clean up, but with that 93 I left a good 5-6 putts at the hole....

Like I said not bad for a 40+

Nice round! Gonna play here tomorrow myself, cant beat golfing in 50 degree weather on December 11th! Love it.

Michigan Slice, I am going to make sure I come up and play a round with you after the new year, or once snow leaves I should say, where did you guys play yesterday?

Played Giant Oak yesterday.

Back