TaylorMade SLDR Driver - Review Thread

Speed_Police_Dustin_Johnson_Feature1.jpg

Jesus that thing is creepy.

Allegedly...haha

I did strap on a dumbbell to the head once and got the swing weight to D 23000. It was pure lasers on every swing!

DJ sort of looks like a mean ddec.
Day like a mulleted me.
Rose like he auditioned for Philidephia 2.

Day like a mulleted me.

Rose looks a little like Amart

Second from the left looks like NPH

Day like a mulleted me.

I bet you could rock a mullet with no problem.

I know that others are not a fan of the SLDR due to forgiveness, but I absolutely love my 430 (perfect size, look, and I'm a good 10-15 yards longer with it over my Ping G20). I don't quite see the distance loss on off-center hits that others do as my normal miss is hitting just a little lower on the club face as opposed to missing laterally across the face.

I'm not sure I'd go to the lengths others have to get it to work for me, as I think a club should work for someone without having to add weights to certain spots of the club, but to each their own.

I don't quite see the distance loss on off-center hits that others do as my normal miss is hitting just a little lower on the club face as opposed to missing laterally across the face.
I def. agree with this, when I had my 460 I didn't see huge distance losses on mis-hits. But I tend to be pretty consistent with my ball striking, so that helped. The reward for on center hits was well worth it for me being a short hitter to begin with. That being said, my R15 is a cut above in all aspects. I did really like the SLDR, brought me back to trying out TM products.

I know that others are not a fan of the SLDR due to forgiveness, but I absolutely love my 430 (perfect size, look, and I'm a good 10-15 yards longer with it over my Ping G20). I don't quite see the distance loss on off-center hits that others do as my normal miss is hitting just a little lower on the club face as opposed to missing laterally across the face.

I'm not sure I'd go to the lengths others have to get it to work for me, as I think a club should work for someone without having to add weights to certain spots of the club, but to each their own.
The thing with the SLDR is that the minute Taylormade Shipped the first batch out to golfing enthusiasts they had given us a Drivers Lab with a torque wrench and encouraged us to start tinkering with the ever present loft up campaign.

Many golfers instantly found an incredible amount of increased length off the tee box. That length lead us to revamp our swing and again make greater gains.

This club was also unique in that it allowed for thousands of settings to be dialed in and instantly tested. This avoided many cases of buyers remorse since often out indoor trackman swing can be different from our game swing.

The adjustments were so simple and quite effective in producing significant ball flight changes that for many of us the love affair isn't over quite yet. Even two years after the clubs release.

The only major head aches many experienced was the unforgiving nature of the SLDR heads on off center hits.

Thanks to one of our fellow THP'ERS I have now safely addressed that concern. Therefore my renewed interest and tinkering.

JMTC.

Peace out

Love me some SLDR C talk.
Should've been your first review, if it was considered a true new release product by TM.

Should've been your first review, if it was considered a true new release product by TM.

maybe I will ask them for one in a couple of weeks. I'm sure they can pull one right off the production line.

The thing with the SLDR is that the minute Taylormade Shipped the first batch out to golfing enthusiasts they had given us a Drivers Lab with a torque wrench and encouraged us to start tinkering with the ever present loft up campaign.

Many golfers instantly found an incredible amount of increased length off the tee box. That length lead us to revamp our swing and again make greater gains.

This club was also unique in that it allowed for thousands of settings to be dialed in and instantly tested. This avoided many cases of buyers remorse since often out indoor trackman swing can be different from our game swing.

The adjustments were so simple and quite effective in producing significant ball flight changes that for many of us the love affair isn't over quite yet. Even two years after the clubs release.

The only major head aches many experienced was the unforgiving nature of the SLDR heads on off center hits.

Thanks to one of our fellow THP'ERS I have now safely addressed that concern. Therefore my renewed interest and tinkering.

JMTC.

Peace out

and no problem at all with that. I love to tinker. Hopefully it works out for you.

and no problem at all with that. I love to tinker. Hopefully it works out for you.
That's what so kool about the THP'ERS threads. Hearing about others experience with tinkering gives me the courage to take the plunge.

Increasing the fun of golfing and feeding my inner geek.

That's what so kool about the THP'ERS threads. Hearing about others experience with tinkering gives me the courage to take the plunge.

Increasing the fun of golfing and feeding my inner geek.

At the same time THPers should expect correct information and having the ability to get the correct information straight from the source.

I urge you to head over to the Taylormade website and read about the all new SLDR-C as it was out from your mod maker here. What's that? It's not listed anywhere on there?

That's because as we have said from the beginning SLDR-C is not a new TaylorMade product, but a bargain version of an existing product that is not a "new release" hence the reason the company has no info about it up for consumers. Seeing information produced to assist is only helpful when it is indeed correct to begin with.

Thanks for the update. Like everything else on the Internet I always take it with a grain of salt anything I read.

Thanks again

At the same time THPers should expect correct information and having the ability to get the correct information straight from the source.

I urge you to head over to the Taylormade website and read about the all new SLDR-C as it was out from your mod maker here. What's that? It's not listed anywhere on there?

That's because as we have said from the beginning SLDR-C is not a new TaylorMade product, but a bargain version of an existing product that is not a "new release" hence the reason the company has no info about it up for consumers. Seeing information produced to assist is only helpful when it is indeed correct to begin with.

so you are saying I can't do this?

maybe I will ask them for one in a couple of weeks. I'm sure they can pull one right off the production line.

You can. We will be there in less than 2 weeks.

You can. We will be there in less than 2 weeks.

I bet they have banners all over the place with SLDR C logos

At the end of there day, all we want is for people to have the correct information about equipment. It's why we give the opportunity to people to meet and spend time with them yourself and ask questions of marketing and r&d people.

This way there is comfort knowing you are going to get the correct information all of the time.

Now with this said, tinkering is a blast, and having fun is the name of the game for everybody. Firmly believe that anybody should play what they want to and what makes them smile. Our goal and job is simple, just keep giving them correct and real info as it pertains to the golf industry through the sources we are fortunate to deal with daily and let our community deal with directly at THP Events.

I've just dropped a 6M3 Black Tie into my 460 10.5* head (set at 9*).

First two swings on course with it yesterday both produced 300yrd drives!

I'm sure that there is a plethora of comparisons in this thread, but for the sake of me not having to read all 212 pages, could anyone summarize the difference in results they get from the 460 and 430?

Back