Volvik Vivid ball

erock9174

Reaction score
Handicap
Curious if anyone is gaming or tried these. I read about them a few weeks ago and saw them last week at my local course. Picked up a sleeve of the green.

They are the only "matte" finish ball that I know of. The finish is pretty cool looking. It's a 3 piece surlyn coated ball and 80 compression. Very similar to their Crystal ball.

Here are some pics as well as a comparison color pic to a yellow Cally Supersoft.

0c7325f1d5a90711521330c19096a850.jpg

c5e082a1b36e6363f2e3bbee8e81679b.jpg

cf36d7294cbdf2b47e1015c8f9119d3b.jpg

Interesting to see a matte finish on a golf ball. How does it feel?

I have not seen or tried these. They seem very bright. Should be hard to lose. I'm interested to hear what you think of them.

To be honest I was testing drivers that day and only hit it on one hole. Definitely has a firmer feel than my Supersoft. Also a click off the putter. I didn't hit any iron shots yet with it.
In the hand it sort of has that rubber/silicone feel (like a silicone cell phone case would feel).

I have not seen or tried these. They seem very bright. Should be hard to lose. I'm interested to hear what you think of them.

In terms of color, the green is definitely brighter than the yellow on the Supersoft. They also come in orange and Pink. The orange hands down is the brightest color I have ever seen on a golf ball. I just wonder if they will cause a glare in extreme sunny conditions. Although I live in OH which is overcast most of the year. Lol

To be honest I was testing drivers that day and only hit it on one hole. Definitely has a firmer feel than my Supersoft. Also a click off the putter. I didn't hit any iron shots yet with it.
In the hand it sort of has that rubber/silicone feel (like a silicone cell phone case would feel).
I meant, how does it feel in hand? Does it have a rougher texture compared to normal golf balls due to the matte finish?

Too bright for me!

Dang they sure seem bright, glow in the dark even bright!

Yesterday, at our local golf expo, I picked up 2 dozen in glow in the dark pink. If it does not snow this coming Thursday, I will be giving them a try. The rep loved them, but that is what a rep is supposed to express. Their texture is like nothing I have ever tried and I have been golfing for 56+ years. As others have indicated, their texture is similar to the more grippier cell phone covers. my "nail test" suggested no significant difference from a ball like a Super Soft. what intrigues me is how the ball is going to behave thru the air. the rep indicated that the ball was designed for low spin which seems counter intuitive in light of the balls cover texture. perhaps it is similar to the surface texture on recent Bridgestone driver offerings. If I recall correctly, the surface textures on drivers were designed to produce less spin while surface textures on wedges result in more spin.

I meant, how does it feel in hand? Does it have a rougher texture compared to normal golf balls due to the matte finish?

I would say it's definitely not slick feeling like an e6 feels to the touch. This has more of a rubber feel to it. Like me and another poster put above think of those silicone cell phone cases. That is about the best I can describe it.

I'd be interested in trying these out, the color is crazy bright

WOW that is bright! Will have to grab a sleeve and see how I like them. Seeing as I always play a yellow ball this could be right up my alley.

Those are crazy bright, I need to pick some up and give them a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would give them a go but I never see volvik balls anywhere except online.

I would give them a go but I never see volvik balls anywhere except online.

I thought the same thing. They are very rare in stores around me; but I have seen them at several local golf courses here in OH which surprised me.
The courses don't carry the entire lines, but I have seen the DS77, Crystal and now the Vivid in certain pro shops.

Used to play their crystal series, the ball is definitely decent, the color is so bright that it is perfect for fall golf as it gets dark in the later rounds, the ball is still highly visible

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

May have to pick up a sleeve of the orange. Would defiantly give a try

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Found some at the golf supper store in. Grapevine, $25.97, they are really bright

d9de51af537fc9051611095ea0a90e82.jpg
e9c81338fc5505d6c6750a4da9f1b8b7.jpg
d59ffea7545a0fac6ec4d45fb00ec95b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ those are the Crystal. Translucent cover. The Vivid has a matte finish. Both are super bright though.

I like the bright color a lot. Haven't tried them but have seen them in the stores. Curious.

Looks interesting and not sure the rules of posting websites, but they claim the feel is "mid soft" ...

I like to play yellow super softs, so I would give these a try.

Last edited:
^ those are the Crystal. Translucent cover. The Vivid has a matte finish. Both are super bright though.

Totally missed that.....

Looks interesting and not sure the rules of posting websites, but they claim the feel is "mid soft" ...

I like to play yellow super softs, so I would give these a try.
not as soft as super soft but a very good all around ball.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Picked up a couple of these in orange from the pro shop the other day. They are extremely bright and hard to lose unless you find water. They also look awesome flying through the air. I like the color of these better than the orange e6, but they feel and play similar in my opinion.

Yellow balls are distracting to me.

Back