Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

Nice York.....I'm the same as you, I really am more of a visual guy and want to hear/feel/experience this out on the range to see with my own eyes!

That's long dude....you need to get one of those outdoors stat!

I called 4 outdoor ranges to see if any of them had one in, but nothing yet. I will keep searching.

I was able to hit the xhot against TM r1, rbz stage 2, and Titleist 913. As a 910 owner I was set to like the
Titlest best was surprised how much better the xhot felt. Face seems crazy hot. I was with three other golfers and we all walked backed to the pro shop with an unanimous opinion that the callaway was the best.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I was able to hit the xhot against TM r1, rbz stage 2, and Titleist 913. As a 910 owner I was set to like the
Titlest best was surprised how much better the xhot felt. Face seems crazy hot. I was with three other golfers and we all walked backed to the pro shop with an unanimous opinion that the callaway was the best.

Dang do I dare try one of these at the PGA Super Store :bulgy-eyes:! I have a 910 D2 myself and if the X Hot is as good or maybe better, hmmmmmm trade bait :D

Being delivered Wednesday!! Yess!!!

I just really liked the feel. I tend to muscle the club a bit and the 910 always responded to that. But the xhot seems to scream at me swing easy. And does it go. Titleist is going on eBay when my Callaway comes in.

I hit this again at Dick's today. I REALLY wanted it to work, but NOOOOOO! Super high launch, super high spin. Sheesh! Maybe at a demo day they'll have different shafts and the Pro head to try.

Really?! For me, the R1 TP was 20-25 yards longer than either of the 2 Callys. Not that I'm happy about it...

I hit this again at Dick's today. I REALLY wanted it to work, but NOOOOOO! Super high launch, super high spin. Sheesh! Maybe at a demo day they'll have different shafts and the Pro head to try.

I think the key to any driver you are pondering, is a proper fitting and not allowing the stuff you demo off the shelf, to be the determining factor. Sure you can hit the jackpot once in a blue moon but why mess with chance. Unfortunately some folks don't have the option to get fitted and have to depend on what they have at hand.

"Don't forget, these readings are 10-15 yards short." I stopped dead in my tracks looked at him and said "you didn't add that in already?" He just smiled and shook his head no.

Awesome stuff right there!

Well, I played 18 and hit about 10 bags of balls today. A looooooooot with the driver after my round to gets some stuff fixed.

I can say this without batting an eye, the forgiveness of this head across the face, particularly off the heel, just makes me smile. In my round I was catching EVERYTHING inside (including one that was on the absolute inside of the face, as close as you could get tot he edge) and the ball consistently stayed in play. Obviously, I gave up distance with the misses like that, but the ball was straight and in play allowing me a chance to save the hole time and time again. That opened my eyes.

Now, on the range afterwards, I fixed some things and found that ole familiar grin from finding the middle of the face. A wondermous (yes, wondermous) sound and the ball just GONE. Its an eye opener for me.

Finally going to truly go toe to toe with my 11.5 Fit tomorrow just to see. I'm eager and curious.

Eagerly awaiting these results! I've yet to test the XHot with any shafts other than the stock one, but I have a feeling I will like the results.

You're correct, OG, but this has been my dilemma living in Nowhere, LA. I go to the Edwin Watts demo day in Shreveport each year to get my hands on the new stuff, but here are the grand total of companies that had interchangeable shaft systems for fitting last year: Ping and Titleist. Callaway, TM, Cleveland, Adams, Cobra, Nike, Mizuno, etc only had stock shafts, and Mizuno only brought one 9.5 stiff driver- no others, no other shafts! So that's why I gripe on here when people say "get fit". Where?! It's ridiculous. Anyway, this should go to "rant"!!!!

You're correct, OG, but this has been my dilemma living in Nowhere, LA. I go to the Edwin Watts demo day in Shreveport each year to get my hands on the new stuff, but here are the grand total of companies that had interchangeable shaft systems for fitting last year: Ping and Titleist. Callaway, TM, Cleveland, Adams, Cobra, Nike, Mizuno, etc only had stock shafts, and Mizuno only brought one 9.5 stiff driver- no others, no other shafts! So that's why I gripe on here when people say "get fit". Where?! It's ridiculous. Anyway, this should go to "rant"!!!!

I agree buddy and it sucks big time. Unfortunately many folks do not have a fitting option and search endlessly until one day they luck up on the mother lode. Either that or they become shaft junkies and find a head they like and ebay the hell out of shafts until they finally find a fit.

This is why attending a THP demo and Outing is so valuable, to those in purchase mode and not sure which stick fits there personal requirements. Not to mention the great golf, awesome people you meet, and lifetime memories!

Yep, more forgiving than my Fit.

And longer.

Still waiting to hit a PXV Pro shaft in standard head and make my decision. I AM NOT a patient person and this is killing me.

To my understanding, the PX Velocity in the standard XH is a "made for". The XH Pro comes with what they label the PX Velocity Pro, which to my understanding, is the "real deal" PXV Tour (not to be confused with the PXV Tour 52 series) if you were to buy one aftermarket.

This confuses me a little. I can't imagine Callaway putting a $250 shaft in a $300 club for the same price as the regular one. Although Callaway claims its the real deal I still have my concerns. I have hit both shafts and there is a big difference between the two but I can't get over it lol. Then again you can get a Black Tie in the Extreme for no upcharge so maybe I am being skeptical when really Callaway is just being a bad a$$ company!

What setup did you test big guy?

Putting the Matrix Red Tie through its paces for a review.

Plus, the sound is SO much better IMO.

I have to admit, it doesn't make sense.

I am dying to get some good testing in with the X Hot. Getting all the testing I need out of the Xtreme but still need this work done!

This confuses me a little. I can't imagine Callaway putting a $250 shaft in a $300 club for the same price as the regular one. Although Callaway claims its the real deal I still have my concerns. I have hit both shafts and there is a big difference between the two but I can't get over it lol. Then again you can get a Black Tie in the Extreme for no upcharge so maybe I am being skeptical when really Callaway is just being a bad a$$ company!

Do you believe Callaway is paying $250 per shaft? They're an OEM. I promise you, the price they are paying per shaft is much lower than you believe.

Still waiting to hit a PXV Pro shaft in standard head and make my decision. I AM NOT a patient person and this is killing me.

You must do so. I have done it on a launch monitor and the numbers were so much better than the regular shaft. I like the standard head much better than the pro head and the pro shaft much much better than the standard. Lowered my launch by nearly 3 degrees and tightened my dispersion rate.

I am dying to get some good testing in with the X Hot. Getting all the testing I need out of the Xtreme but still need this work done!

I'm thinking with the right shaft this thing could be lethal for ya Jake :thumb: I'm looking forward to getting on a launch monitor and going through the gamut until the numbers add up.

I'm thinking with the right shaft this thing could be lethal for ya Jake :thumb: I'm looking forward to getting on a launch monitor and going through the gamut until the numbers add up.
That's exactly what I'm thinking too buddy.

You must do so. I have done it on a launch monitor and the numbers were so much better than the regular shaft. I like the standard head much better than the pro head and the pro shaft much much better than the standard. Lowered my launch by nearly 3 degrees and tightened my dispersion rate.

That's what I'm hoping for. I'm tempted to order it anyways and then if its too much shaft for my swing, figure it out then. Just a little too much spin for me with the made for shaft in the standard.

Back