Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that you have to root your phone on Android is one of the reasons I can't stand it. If it doesn't work how you need out of the box, what's the point?
Then why do people feel the need to jailbreak an iPhone?

Why do I root?
Wifi Tethering
Overclocking/Underclocking
Stronger 4G signal
Better battery life

Except the latest version of Sense almost sent HTC in to bankruptcy.

It wasn't Sense, it was the Galaxy series. No one is making money on Android except Samsung.

It wasn't Sense, it was the Galaxy series. No one is making money on Android except Samsung.
I disagree. Google is doing quite well with the Android platform, i do believe.
Carrier restrictions.
Same with Android.

Also, I believe there is more to Cydia than Carrier Unrestricting Apps, correct? Like,...widgets?

Completely different phones. What are you looking for in a phone? Prefer Android or iOS?

Sorry, it's not for me, it's for a friend. I'm an iPhone loyalist! She needs good Internet capabilities, battery life... She has an iPhone 4 now but is looking to "upgrade" and needs some opinions... AT&T is the carrier of choice though!

I disagree. Google is doing quite well with the Android platform, i do believe.

Same with Android.

Also, I believe there is more to Cydia than Carrier Unrestricting Apps, correct? Like,...widgets?
I avoid jail breaking for the most part because my phone does what I need it to.

The fact that you have to root your phone on Android is one of the reasons I can't stand it. If it doesn't work how you need out of the box, what's the point?

I love my iPhone. But, I would skip anything Samsung makes and head to the new HTC One. I prefer Sense to Touchwiz.

I will disagree with the above quoted. I have the SG3, and it does everything I wanted, I just wanted a different look, and not all the bloatware that T-Mobile sends it out with, so I rooted it and put on Cyanogenmod on the SG3 and love it. It's not that it failed before, but how much more it can do now that I had never thought of. Also, with the rooting and changed ROM, touchwiz is gone, you have all the freedom in the world to put on what you want.

Dan

I avoid jail breaking for the most part because my phone does what I need it to.
And thats the same reason I am not rooted on my Note 2, as it does everything I need, and then some... and doesnt have a tiny screen.

Hahaha. This thread is turning into an Android vs Apple thread.

#centerofthemiddle

And thats the same reason I am not rooted on my Note 2, as it does everything I need, and then some... and doesnt have a tiny screen.

The size on the Note is good, my wife has one. But I have an iPhone 5 and an iPad Mini so the Note isn't appealing to me. I tried Android, going to the HTC One X for about 6 months and it just did not work for me, but then again I am really invested in the Mac ecosphere, using a MacBook Air and an iPad daily for work and personal use. I think Android has made some great leaps and it is great for a lot of people.

As for jailbreaking, I guess the only thing I would really do it for would be tethering, but my company pays for that service anyway so I guess it's not a concern.

http://www.minyanville.com/sectors/...39?camp=syndication&medium=portals&from=yahoo

Oh man serious ponder is on right now! I really just cant wait to see what the actual device looks like, March 14th is going to be the day. That will pretty much determine if I am going to drop my beloved Galaxy Nexus for the GS4 or the Note 2.

I could care less about the Apple vs. Android debate any more, I am over discussing it with people. Android is what works best for me and I will be sticking with that for the near future, if you like Apple then go for it. The competition is good for all consumers IMO.

http://www.minyanville.com/sectors/...39?camp=syndication&medium=portals&from=yahoo

Oh man serious ponder is on right now! I really just cant wait to see what the actual device looks like, March 14th is going to be the day. That will pretty much determine if I am going to drop my beloved Galaxy Nexus for the GS4 or the Note 2.

I could care less about the Apple vs. Android debate any more, I am over discussing it with people. Android is what works best for me and I will be sticking with that for the near future, if you like Apple then go for it. The competition is good for all consumers IMO.
I expect the S4 to blow the competition out of the water.

Agreed. As much as I love Apple, the mobile space is getting pretty stagnant with Android and Apple dominating. I had hoped Windows would get their act together, and the new BlackBerry 10 isn't terrible at all.

I expect the S4 to blow the competition out of the water.

I am really excited to see the specs but for me I really am interested to see the design I think that is going to really determine which phone is going to be my next. All the phones are comparable spec wise but screen, processor and battery size stand out as a bit more important to me.

Well it finally came today!
4enerube.jpg

I went with Note 2 yesterday.
I like the screen size. That's about it for now.
I was ON galaxy Nexus.
Interested in seeing GS4.

I went with Note 2 yesterday.
I like the screen size. That's about it for now.
I was ON galaxy Nexus.
Interested in seeing GS4.

Nice Note 2 is definitely on my radar, honestly I really don't like the Samsung Touch Wiz ( I think thats the name) they put over the Android OS. Thats why I like Gnex so much, I am rooted and run a really nice 4.2.1 ROM and my phone rocks right now. The only issue is the massive crack I have in on the screen, damn. Should have had a case on it.

My upgrade is in April so I am really pumped to see what the GS4 is going to look like.

Bought an Action Cam tonight. Going to be fun to use for time lapse videos of THP events as well as a few other things. Went with the JVC over the popular GoPro. It was on sale for 50% off and has almost all of the same features.

Charging now.

Bought an Action Cam tonight. Going to be fun to use for time lapse videos of THP events as well as a few other things. Went with the JVC over the popular GoPro. It was on sale for 50% off and has almost all of the same features.

Charging now.
Sweet! I've pondered a GoPro style camera for a while now, but just dont know if I would use it enough or not. 50% is nice...

PlayStation 4. Here's hoping my application for E3 gets approved.

Nice Note 2 is definitely on my radar, honestly I really don't like the Samsung Touch Wiz ( I think thats the name) they put over the Android OS. Thats why I like Gnex so much, I am rooted and run a really nice 4.2.1 ROM and my phone rocks right now. The only issue is the massive crack I have in on the screen, damn. Should have had a case on it.

My upgrade is in April so I am really pumped to see what the GS4 is going to look like.

Try to Install Apex, Nova, or Go Launcher. While you are at it, try Pie Control. It will make navigating Note2 with one hand easier.

#centerofthemiddle

Its nice and small and will get a trial run this weekend.

zysy7e4a.jpg

Its nice and small and will get a trial run this weekend.

zysy7e4a.jpg

Nice dude, looks pretty cool. Will definitely be checking it out this weekend.

Is that one of those cams you wear on your head?

#centerofthemiddle

Is that one of those cams you wear on your head?

Im not sure what the hashtag is for, but you can wear these cameras, but you can also mount on a tripod or many other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back