2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Didn't mean to imply it was bad. Just meant to say not as good. When I said bad I meant the reason his wife was replacing it.

Not as good if you are trying to live low carb. Many people have certain macros they want to hit and carbs make up 1/3 of those macros or more in many cases

Whole grain or brown rice is complex carbs. Nothing wrong with high carb food if you aren't eating Keto or Atkins friendly

We just switched to brown rice. I like it, and 1/4 cup is minimal points.

But sushi rice will stay for those sushi nights. I'll just plan accordingly. The beauty of weight watchers.

But sushi rice will stay for those sushi nights. I'll just plan accordingly. The beauty of weight watchers.
I agree with all of this, and do the same.

I'm not giving up my sushi. Ever.

No one would have ever invented cauliflour rice if brown rice was such a great health food. I'm done with this discussion. You've you've clearly made up your mind. I guess his wife just doesn't like rice.

It really is. I made fried rice the other night with brown rice and it was quite good.

No one would have ever invented cauliflour rice if brown rice was such a great health food. I'm done with this discussion. You've you've clearly made up your mind. I guess his wife just doesn't like rice.

No reason to bow out.. Cauliflower rice was invented because it is lower calories and carbs, but that doesn't make brown rice unhealthy.

Tofu is lower calorie than Grilled skinless chicken, but both are still very healthy. I am simply saying that complex carbs are not bad things, and many of us try to fit a certain amount in daily.

I NEVER said it was unhealthy. I said there are BETTER choices. Everyone seems to think I said rice is the devil. I was just telling the poor guy why his wife probably switched out the rice. I don't eat with points like a lot of you, so I just try to make the best choices with my foods and macros. I'd rather eat a sweet potato for my complex carbs.

I NEVER said it was unhealthy. I said there are BETTER choices. Everyone seems to think I said rice is the devil. I was just telling the poor guy why his wife probably switched out the rice. I don't eat with points like. A lot of you, so I just try to make the best choices with my foods and macros. I'd rather eat a sweet potato for my complex carbs.

Sweet potato is another good choice. FWIW I don't eat with points either. I can easily fit brown rice, or many other complex carbs into my daily diet, sweet potatoes are often a choice of mine.

I have a set calorie goal and my macros are
Fats: 30%
Protein: 50%
Carbs: 20%

I have started 2016 with a whole new mindset! I got involved with a product called Thrive from a company by the name of Le-Vel and it has truly changed how I go about my days. Granted I am young at only 24 years old and pretty athletic but I will be the first to admit I am VERY lazy! After starting I have been going to the gym at 6:30 every morning before work! I feel so much healthier with the combination of actually taking vitamins, working out, etc that I can't even explain to you guys!

I am a promoter for the product but I promise you my goal here is not to make money. In fact, I have already passed the time periods in order to make the initial bonuses. My goal here is to let you know about something that I truly believe works to change the way you feel!

My link is franks62591.le-vel.com. I would greatly appreciate referrals if people on this site are interested! However, if you are uncomfortable with that please use the normal Le-Vel.com website to sign up and try it!

Like I said, not about me, it's about getting something out there to those who want to make a change.

Take care everyone and feel free to message me if you have any questions!

Congrats on the success Robert. Seems a lot like Advocare, which I have had a lot of success with, so I wish you continued support.

Sweet potato is another good choice. FWIW I don't eat with points either. I can easily fit brown rice, or many other complex carbs into my daily diet, sweet potatoes are often a choice of mine.

Dude I applaud your ability to manage your diet that way. I'd end up frustrated and confused. I'm a lazy dieter. Thank goodness WW has figured most of it out for me. Simple math for a simple man haha

Dude I applaud your ability to manage your diet that way. I'd end up frustrated and confused. I'm a lazy dieter. Thank goodness WW has figured most of it out for me. Simple math for a simple man haha

Calorie counting comes easy for me. My fitness pal makes it super easy and meal prepping makes it that much easier. I am so glad that everyone is finding success with WW though. For me, it is about specific goals, I know pretty darn close what I burn calorie wise in a day so then I am able to subtract from that to hit a specific number each day and pretty well know what my weight loss will be

Taylor as you know I do not claim to be a guru, but for the what its worth department, I think you are at the point now where upping the carbs might not be a bad idea. I think a 40/30/30 split could benefit you now. I know how hard you work out and I think the added carbs would be good for you.
Again just for what its worth from an old guy :p

I appreciate the advice Shane. I have been working pretty closely with a friend who is more or less a dietician, I will reach out and see with all of this weight loss if he thinks I should mix it up

I appreciate the advice Shane. I have been working pretty closely with a friend who is more or less a dietician, I will reach out and see with all of this weight loss if he thinks I should mix it up
When I dropped the weight a few years back, I utilized my Dietitian at work a TON. It was a huge help.

When I dropped the weight a few years back, I utilized my Dietitian at work a TON. It was a huge help.

Yep he's been crucial in me losing the first 70, need that push to get the last 20, but I feel so much better than I have since probably when I hurt my shoulder and stopped playing college baseball

Any thoughts on water enhancers ... I struggle to drink water all day ... I like some flavor, so the struggle is real as they say these days. :act-up:

I was looking at the skinny girl, but have not a clue on where to start and thought I would leverage the knowledge here.

While not an enhancer, I love G2 and I am trying to get away from it.

Any thoughts on water enhancers ... I struggle to drink water all day ... I like some flavor, so the struggle is real as they say these days. :act-up:

I was looking at the skinny girl, but have not a clue on where to start and thought I would leverage the knowledge here.

I have to say that I love Mio. I usually make my own Arnold Palmer with the lemonade and tea flavors!

We have these packets that are basically just crystallized lime or lemon that I'll put in water. It's not sweet at all, but it's got a little flavor.

I use all of the water enhancers on the regular. But I also drink 70 oz of just plain water a day. I just keep it close by and sip when I am thirsty. Mio is good as is aquifina.

Great feedback so far ... here is something I read on MIO that makes me hesitant to use it:

The second ingredient in these little bottles is propylene glycol, a preservative, thickening agent, and stabilizer, also used as antifreeze to de-ice airplanes, as a plasticizer to make polyester resins, and found in electronic cigarettes.

Great feedback so far ... here is something I read on MIO that makes me hesitant to use it:

The second ingredient in these little bottles is propylene glycol, a preservative, thickening agent, and stabilizer, also used as antifreeze to de-ice airplanes, as a plasticizer to make polyester resins, and found in electronic cigarettes.
No need to worry about that, its actually used in way more food/drinks that you probably consume on a regular basis than you realize.

Thanks for the suggestions on the bars, it just seems like nothing can beat the Quest bars. I will just have to suck it up and use a pill when I eat them.

I put less than a teaspoon of sugar free cheesecake flavored pudding mix into my protein shake after my workout this morning and holy crap did that make it taste a million times better.

Today's Orange theory class was awesome! I normally start on the treadmill because I hate it and want to get it over with, but the instructor recommended starting with weights because the weight portion of the class was no joke and she was right. The running was no joke either, we barely got any breaks, but in a weird way it felt great. Every class I am upping my speed, and somehow surviving so I feel like I am improving which I am thrilled about.

I still haven't lost a single pound, so it has to be what I am eating so I am going to tighten that up a bit more because I need to see a little movement downwards in the scale before I start to get super discouraged. I think I need to cut back on the fruit, and increase my veggie consumption.

Quinoa (for those who don't know, it's pronounced "kinwa") has been a recent go to food for me. There is a lot of good recipe's online and variety of uses. The nutrition is pretty high in essential amino acids and proteins.

Anyone else like Quinoa?

Back