Ball Flight Height Manipulation

I have a mid-trajectory with all my irons.

I can hit it higher much more readily than lower. Most of the time I only do this when necessary because of trouble etc.

JM

I'd say I tend to play things lower more often than I do higher, but maybe only a few shots a round.

Easier for me to flight higher on purpose than lower.

Pretty frequently, because I live in southern Arizona, where it gets mighty windy. Learning to keep the ball low off the tee is often the only way to keep it in play.

Not very often....I am a very high ball player and I seem to have a hard time "flighting down" full shots....I can hit lower punch shots...but a full shot not so much

I do it pretty frequently. Several shots per round in normal conditions, and much more often if it's real windy or I'm playing an extreme target style course. Up or down, I'm good flighting anything except wedges and fairway woods.

I flight the ball down quite often. Living in wide open South Dakota the wind often tends to be an issue so flighting helps.

Down, quite often. Up, usually doesn't happen when I try to.

I try to flight partial wedges and shots when I have tree trouble.

I flight my irons the majority of the time. I very seldom hit my irons full out. Flighting them down with controlled swings makes it easier to attack flags for me. Off the tee there is no flighting the driver. I simply try to hit as hard as possible every time.

How often do you flight your shots? Either by playing them higher or lower than normal?

Pretty much only when I have to/need to. When its really windy or I have to go over/under a tree etc. Generally take my normal swing and focus more on putting a good swing on it and catching it flush. When I over-think shots, I am more likely to screw them up personally.

Pretty much only when I have to/need to. When its really windy or I have to go over/under a tree etc. Generally take my normal swing and focus more on putting a good swing on it and catching it flush. When I over-think shots, I am more likely to screw them up personally.
This describes me exactly!

I wonder how many people do this when they don't have to and how many strokes are caused by it?

All the time. :bulgy-eyes:
I really need to work on partial swings instead of clubbing up and choking up.
I wonder how many people do this when they don't have to and how many strokes are caused by it?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I naturally hit a fairly high trajectory. With old age and shorter drives, wind has become a more influencing factor in my game, so, I have taken steps to lower my ball flight. I've narrowed my stance and envision a spot about 6" in front of my ball to hit after I hit the ball. In addition, this tends to make my shots straighter. I'm doing this with every shot except trouble shots that I have to hit high to get out of trouble.

Later,

John

Being at the Sony Open has made me realize how important this is. These guys miss the fairways more than I thought but they way they flight their shots around trouble and for the wind was simply inspiring. I think I'm really going to try to focus on this come spring.

The bests shots I saw with this were from Paddy Harrington. He snapped hooked his drive on 10. He then wedged his next shot high over a tree and stopped to 10'. Made a birdie. On the 15th he punished his hybrid but it went a little far. His only play with the wind was a slight draw high (and I mean high) over the edge of a tree. I was 5' from him and watched him hit the shot to 3' for a birdie.
I guess I'm saying that I think it's important to learn to flight the ball and I will be focusing on that this spring in my lessons instead of playing golf swing all year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only when I am in trouble. If I am playing in high winds I try to swing much easier whuch will keep the ball down for me, otherwise I let it fly as it may.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I flight my wedges often. Other than that the situation will dictate what shot needs to be played

Back