Driving Range Etiquette

rozo22

Reaction score
Handicap
Ever ask anyone you don't know to try their club? Neither have I, but was just asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Utest

I have never and would never. I rarely even ask good friends if I can hit theirs, unless they have previously offered.

But a complete stranger, if I had been watching him and he was a very good player, then yeah I might offer it up. But in most cases, I'd decline politely.

What did you say or do?

I do not talk to people at the range. I would not ask to use anyone clubs unless a conversation was started by one of us.

It would never even occur to me to ask to hit a strangers club!

First the club, then your glove. Next he will be asking if he can play golf with you.

Ever ask anyone you don't know to try their club? Neither have I, but was just asked.

Did he have a Bernie Sanders bumper sticker on his car?

That feels a little personal

I have not and would not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny that this comes up. I had that TM M2 6 iron I got for a demo with me at the range yesterday. I hit it a few times and took a break. The guy behind me was hitting TM Burners from a few years back. I asked him if he wanted to try the M2. He looked shocked for a second until I explained what the story was. "Oh, yeah, sure..." I went off to grab a drink, and came back. He had essentially the same opinion I did. Too much offset for his swing as well as the funny noise.

Could you imagine if a fluke thing happen like the head flies off and the guy did nothing wrong.

I would never ask to try someone's club and would politely decline if asked. My friends or brother go ahead and swing away.

I have never and would never. I rarely even ask good friends if I can hit theirs, unless they have previously offered.

But a complete stranger, if I had been watching him and he was a very good player, then yeah I might offer it up. But in most cases, I'd decline politely.

What did you say or do?

I politely declined with a confused look on my face.

I don't think that is appropriate to do, but some people will ask anything I guess.

I've never ask and so far have never been asked. Answer is NO.......

do not see a problem with it. Just another person playing the game. Maybe they are thinking about buying the same clubs you have and want to see how it feels.

I do not talk to people at the range. I would not ask to use anyone clubs unless a conversation was started by one of us.

I agree with ^^^^ I do not speak with anyone at the range (staff excluded) unless I am approached for some reason.

do not see a problem with it. Just another person playing the game. Maybe they are thinking about buying the same clubs you have and want to see how it feels.
Until they over swing hit the hard mat and snap the shaft.

I've been asked but would never ask someone else.

quick story about strangers asking to "see" your club. we were in florida visiting my mom, six4three5 and I were warming up on the range at Seminole Lake CC, numbers had just gotten his 915 rescue, a total stranger walks to jimmy's bag and said, wow, the new 915, mind if I "look" at it? now for you that know six4three5, he is very protective of his clubs, I can not even hit his woods , in case I sky mark one...lol, Jimmy looks at me and he tells the guy, "you can look at it" , he proceeds to take the head cover off and admire it, takes a few lose swings, Jimmy goes to hit another warm up shot and the next thing we hear is the sound of a 915 rescue hitting a ball, if looks could kill, numbers looks at me with fire in his eyes, then he politely walks over and reaches his hand out to the guy to take his club back, he handled it better than I would have....lol

I've often let others hit clubs I've had. From my mizunos to my new irons I just finished they are just clubs. I generally ding them up with my frequent travel and play far worse than someone will in a quick range session to test them out. I did have a friend snap a shaft on a fairway wood once but that was just an excuse to try something new. I have declined to let others borrow my clubs if I'm about to play a round, but I'll often offer to let them try them after I finish. Only one has taken me up on that but it was well received since he was sitting at clubhouse with a cold beer for me when I finished. :act-up:

Really I would never ask and hope no one will ask. For people I know my bags over there have fun

I would not ask a stranger if I could test hos club. With friends we test eachothers clubs. I would not mind if someone I don't know ask to test my clubs

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I've never been asked and would never ask someone.

Friends I have no problem with. I wouldn't let a stranger do it though

I have never asked to hit anybody's club, but I have offered my clubs on a few occasions.

Back