Golfing alone - boring or fun?

I play a solo 9 holes probably once a week. I use it as a practice round and hit multiple shots. Of course if I am hitting them good I just play the round, but more often than not I hit multiple shots and work on different things.

It is fun. I usually go play alone a few times a year early and late in the season when then weather scares off folks. Take your time, play a couple balls, pack a cooler and some snacks. Boom.

I enjoy golfing alone. The prospect of getting paired up with strangers occasionally gets me unnerved to the point that I'll just go to the range instead, so I don't golf alone as much as I'd like. I do find it difficult to find my own ball sometimes, so that is one drawback. Basicslly, if I decide I want to golf alone, that's what I want and I'll do what I can to avoid other singles/twosomes/threesomes, and I'll live with a couple extra lost balls.

Before the move to SC - I often played alone (too pricey to do so now). I usually viewed it as an on-course practice opportunity and focused on full shots more-so than short game. On occasion and if I had plenty of time on a really empty course, I would play a individual two-person best shot mainly as a confidence producer. Bottom line, the serenity of an empty course is unbeatable for peace of mind.

I play alone almost everyday right now due to my work schedule. I actually find it pretty enjoyable. I do prefer to play with others though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I have been on vacation this week and have played everyday by myself and I have definitely enjoyed it, but after 4 straight days playing alone I'm ready to play with my group again.

I play alone if I go during the week and sometimes on Sunday mornings. Usually 9 holes at the local muni or the short course (par 31) we have in town. I don't play on weekends alone very often because my buddies are usually off work and it makes for a fun day at the course sharing a few cold beverages and some laughs. I never really view playing alone as boring, it gives me a good chance to hit a couple extra balls and try different shots without holding up the group

I am dropping my car off for service this morning and then heading to the course alone. Hopefully they will pair me with some good folks.
I do this a lot on Friday mornings.

Playing golf alone can be fun too .... [dont envy me :angel: ] ..... playing golf in my country is accompany by a young female caddie ..... she drives the cart, bring your sticks, give you green tips + motivations to do well , :D

Playing golf alone can be fun too .... [dont envy me :angel: ] ..... playing golf in my country is accompany by a young female caddie ..... she drives the cart, bring your sticks, give you green tips + motivations to do well , :D
I could really get used to that kind of golf

I play a solo 9 holes probably once a week. I use it as a practice round and hit multiple shots. Of course if I am hitting them good I just play the round, but more often than not I hit multiple shots and work on different things.

I like playing alone every now and then for this very reason - can really do some great on course practicing. Try multiple shots, drop balls into different lies, get to know my course's greens better, etc. Can be very peaceful as well on a nice day when the course is moving along. I wouldn't do it all the time but when in practice mode I would much rather play alone than play with a stranger or two.

I love heading out by myself for an early morning or evening tee time. I find it to be relaxing to have some "me" time.

I used to really enjoy going out and playing 9 by myself. The only problem is that I can never follow a golf ball, so finding where it landed was a struggle.

I like playing solo, its very relaxing

I enjoy playing alone. It's very relaxing, especially a late afternoon round when the course is empty.

I like playing alone when I want to play a lot of holes or am on a time crunch. It doesn't bug me to play by myself but I do notice that sometimes I rush too much and it affects my game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a golf newbie, playing solo was great because I wasn't concerned about slowing down better partners & could hit extra shots when needed or for som more practice. That said, my goal is to get good enough to play with other golfers & not completely embarrass myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i need my solo rounds to work on my game. golf is hard enough for me that i need some solo time to work on nagging issues, whether a swing change, or a slight adjustment, or maybe my erratic short game. i also enjoy the freedom of doing (almost) whatever i want on the course, with no social pressures. i also find myself lucky to be in a position where i can play a deserted course, play, answer the cell phone and talk for 10 minutes without holding anyone up. in my world, i work on my game with the solo games, so i can be ready for the bigger ones where there are lots of people.

i think both are important, and i think i can't be better in the many-people thing without the solo sessions.

Can't remember the last time I played Han Solo. I like to talk and horse around usually so that would look kind of strange on a golf course by myself.

Can't remember the last time I played Han Solo. I like to talk and horse around usually so that would look kind of strange on a golf course by myself.
If you could ever take ONE THING in your life serious Nathan. Always horsing around!

I wouldn't call playing golf alone fun....but I definitely don't mind it on occassion. I'd rather have some of my buds out there with me, but if they're busy and it's nice out, I'm game to play solo.

I used to thrive on it -- Now I want nothing more than to share the round with someone.

Plus, that fear of the elusive HOI alone always gets me haha

I used to thrive on it -- Now I want nothing more than to share the round with someone.

Plus, that fear of the elusive HOI alone always gets me haha
Boulder Creek?

Back