The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I'd guess they have a Rory commercial in queue too

Makes sense. I'd like to see then do more commercials together. I'm sure tiger wouldn't want to share the spotlight too much!!!

Siri speaks for me!

Makes sense. I'd like to see then do more commercials together. I'm sure tiger wouldn't want to share the spotlight too much!!!

I don't get it, is he really that bad? and does he really have the full say? I picture him as someone that would cooperate and work well with people.

I don't get it, is he really that bad? and does he really have the full say? I picture him as someone that would cooperate and work well with people.

I'm not saying he's bad. But he does come off as a bit of a control freak!

Siri speaks for me!

Tiger in ads for the Covert...interesting.

Most who know me know I am a huge Tiger fan, but you know what I never thought I'd hear myself say?

Tiger hasnt won a Major in 5 years.

Most who know me know I am a huge Tiger fan, but you know what I never thought I'd hear myself say?

Tiger hasnt won a Major in 5 years.
Kind of crazy to think it. Probably the longest dry spell he has ever had...

Hate that he doesn't play pebble...

I thought he played pebble last year and got smoked by Phil in the final grouping? Could be wrong.

Tap

I just read a fantastic article about Tiger and his swing changes. Think it was on ESPN. I also read a stat that when Tiger wins at Torrey, he wins a major that year. I'm betting he wins 1 this year. I will see if I can get a link on that article

I told a good friend of mine the other day, I think TW wins again before the Masters and wins the Masters. Torrey was the first time I thought he looked close to the man we all watched dominate the tour.

I told a good friend of mine the other day, I think TW wins again before the Masters and wins the Masters. Torrey was the first time I thought he looked close to the man we all watched dominate the tour.

My cash would be on Bay Hill. Match Play has as much luck as it does skill. Of course, that's what makes watching the Match Play fun and exciting

I think Tiger's ready to make a good run in the match play this week!

Yeah, I agree he should have a really good week.

I think if Tiger gets a major this year we might be back on track to chase jack. If not I think hes going to have to be happy with Sam Sneads record.

We can only hope that someone that he is going to face smarts off again, I love it when he has a little motivation in match play.

I hope he plays well this week, he's my No.1 in the bracket! Glad he teed it up with the Pres, I'll bet that was a good time for the both of them.

The down side of match play is that it only takes one stumble, or hitting a guy on a day when he's "on", to be out of the competition. Even when one is playing well, you can still run into the guy who's having a career day. It's the main reason why match play doesn't make very good TV (along with the shortage of players to put on camera in the final). Too often, many of the top seeds get busted out too early. I don't mind watching match play, but I'd rather play it that watch.

I wonder if the Tiger press core will have more access to he and the president than the actual white house press core!!!

The down side of match play is that it only takes one stumble, or hitting a guy on a day when he's "on", to be out of the competition. Even when one is playing well, you can still run into the guy who's having a career day. It's the main reason why match play doesn't make very good TV (along with the shortage of players to put on camera in the final). Too often, many of the top seeds get busted out too early. I don't mind watching match play, but I'd rather play it that watch.

I really like match play. I agree about running into a guy when he's on, but what about this "it only takes one stumble"? That's the whole point of match play is that one... Or even two stumbles doesn't hurt you nearly as bad as in stroke play.

It still gives me goosebumps watching the 2008 comeback match against JB Holmes. #beastmode

I really like match play. I agree about running into a guy when he's on, but what about this "it only takes one stumble"? That's the whole point of match play is that one... Or even two stumbles doesn't hurt you nearly as bad as in stroke play.

I disagree. Granted that losing a hole by one stroke or 4 strokes is still just one hole, but in a close match that's all it may take. What is most painful is losing a hole with a triple to his double - that's like getting kicked in the teeth.

In a club like I was in, handicaps are accurate, and matches usually come down to the last couple of holes. Miss your tee shot on the par 3 17th and lose the hole with bogey to his par and you have likely lost the match, or lost your chance to win the match. Those are fun games, but stumbling is not an option.

tiger seemed to have an extra spring in his step today. i guess playing with the president will do that

I disagree. Granted that losing a hole by one stroke or 4 strokes is still just one hole, but in a close match that's all it may take. What is most painful is losing a hole with a triple to his double - that's like getting kicked in the teeth.

In a club like I was in, handicaps are accurate, and matches usually come down to the last couple of holes. Miss your tee shot on the par 3 17th and lose the hole with bogey to his par and you have likely lost the match, or lost your chance to win the match. Those are fun games, but stumbling is not an option.

Pros don't play off of handicaps though.

And if say, Tiger, triples one hole and his opponent makes birdie then he only has to win the next hole by one stroke to be even. He doesn't have to gain back 4 strokes.

Back