Yonex Ezone XP FW Wood Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP in depth review by Ryan H on the latest FW wood from Yonex called the Ezone XP.

http://bit.ly/MENG5x

Great review Ryan. Interesting take on adding the Tungsten ring to the grip. I would be interested to know should one want to use a different grip if this would effect swing weight, etc.

Thank you for the review. Really liked the sound of the Yonex driver, but this one just doesn't sound too appealing to me. Maybe it's growing up with a tight lies in the bag, but a mini driver doesn't sound terribly appealing since I need a FW more from the deck than from the tee. I do really like the fact that this is adjustable and sounds pretty forgiving, though.

Great review Ryan. Interesting take on adding the Tungsten ring to the grip. I would be interested to know should one want to use a different grip if this would effect swing weight, etc.

It would indeed effect the SW, the grips were specially made for them for the XP lineup of clubs. That said, the stock grips feel fine IMO, but I could see how it could be an issue for some that have specific grips and sizes they prefer.

Hawk, nice writeup dude. If you're looking for a tee monster, this seems to be a good option, if you're an off the deck fairway wood guy though, maybe not.

Nice write up and club looks interesting! I'm curious, if the 20g counter weight is in the grip, what does a user do when re-gripping?

EDIT> I'm late to this post, you kind of answered this already.

Great write up Hawk! I love the look of the head on that club.

Great review, Hawk. I've been looking forward to this one as I love the look of the club, and am pretty curious about the weighted grip. After reading your experiences though, this one doesn't interest me that much. I need something I can hit off the turf, and I like a higher flight. Not big on mini drivers either.

Great job as always Captain Hawk. I love the design and the way it looks but I need something more versatile that I can easily hit off the deck so I doubt this an option for me but I can appreciate the technology and design efforts that went into this.

Thanks for the comments guys.

The hybrids are on the larger side as well, so I suppose in theory one could use one of them for turf shots in conjunction with this one as a tee club. As noted in that review though, I didn't get a lot of height from them either - even with the R flex shaft.

Thanks for the comments guys.

The hybrids are on the larger side as well, so I suppose in theory one could use one of them for turf shots in conjunction with this one as a tee club. As noted in that review though, I didn't get a lot of height from them either - even with the R flex shaft.

Kind of splitting one club into two for me. My current 3W is great off the tee and off the deck. Any replacement would have to be the same.

The lack in height with a R shaft is a real killer.

Nice work Ryan, I can't wait to hear how the composite crown sounds in person. I'm sure technology has come a long way, I remember the first composite clubs having an add sound to them.

Great review!! It's a sharp looking club and havent heard anything about Yonex in a LONG time

Great info buddy. While something about the looks absolutely draws me to this driver, it was a little disheartening to hear of the difficulties off the deck. I know, like you said, some may find it suitable but I definitely prefer a more shallow FW off the turf.

Nice review here Hawk and what a looker this club is! Love seeing all the tech built into this and a big fan of the grip back weighting. Really hope more folks get the chance to test this one firsthand.

I love the low profile but I prefer to see a single color looking down at a wood.

Back