Golf Course Photography

Chump Fries

Captain Awesome
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm travelling to Vegas next month and plan to play a few of the nice courses out there. I was curious if anyone had any tips/thought on taking pictures while on the golf course. I've started doing some photography on the side (http://www.courtneyhumphries.com), but I've never done much with landscapes. I can't decide if I was to try and carry my big DSLR (Canon 6D with maybe my 24-70 f/2.8) or just a good point and shoot (Canon S100). My gut is telling me to take the smaller camera and keep it in the cup holder of my golf cart. I really want to get some WOW pics while I'm out there.

DSLR plus golf course equals pain in the butt. With proper lighting in the sky, you can even get great pictures out of a cell phone.

yrevu4a6.jpg

I think it would be tough to drag around your DSLR while playing, but I do think it is pretty easy to take photos with a phone while playing. Most phones now can produce pretty good photos.

I use my phone or gopro, compact and clean

I use my cell phone, although it is the Lumia with the 41 MP camera.

2uik9sk.jpg

10eq1dw.jpg

I use my iPhone a lot and get great shots. I used to use my dslr and found it to be more pain on the course that it was worth.

I've always used my phone and have some great pictures! My avatar is one

I use my iPhone and for shots I want to get fancy with I use the panorama mode
perymute.jpg

It is easier and quicker to make good photos with a point and click camera than a phone for me although the phone is capable of pretty good shots. I use the phone a lot but when I know it will be scenic, I drop the camera in the bag.

Back