Hello from JollyGrnBucket!

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello everyone! I'm new to the site, so I'll tell a bit about me. I go by JollyGrnBucket on here, I also post on GolfWRX under a similar nickname and tweet with something similar (@JollyGrBucket). Why JollyGrnBucket? I used to be an HH-60G Pave Hawk Aerial Gunner in the Air Force, and we were known as the Jolly Green Giants. My call sign was Bucket, so I made a mash up of the two and bada bing, bada boom!

I've been playing golf since I was 13, when a skinny kid with a funny animal nickname won the U.S. Amateur and I was riveted watching it. Tiger made golf cool for me. I took several years off while in the service, and just recently picked the game back up. I've found it has been therapeutic for me. See, I'm married with two kids, one in Heaven, one on Earth. My oldest, Bella, fell I'll suddenly at 3 and a half from what we believe was a virus that caused her brain to swell. We eventually had to let her go to Heaven, and in the course of working through the grief and pain from that, I've found golf really helps. Of course, I (like most of you I'm sure) get a bit obsessive about it, and it drives my poor wife up a wall, though God love her she is very patient with me!

That's what brings me here. I'm excited to have a group of like minded individuals to talk golf with. It's great to be a part of such a wonderful organization, and I look forward to participating with you all!

-Calvin

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP JollyGrnBucket!

Welcome to THP

:welcome:

Welcome

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

welcome !!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP! We love green around here. Green and white that is.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the team Calvin!

Welcome!

Welcome to thp

Welcome to THP jolly

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP, Calvin!!

Welcome to the forum Calvin!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP, Calvin!! And thanks for your service to our country!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Welcome to THP, Calvin!

Welcome to THP, Calvin. Thanks for your service to our country. My heart goes out to your and your wife for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what that's like, but I commend you on your attitude about it and you're right, golf is good medicine. God is good and he has a plan, even though we often can't make sense of it ourselves. Bless you guys and again, welcome!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!!! I know right where Scott AFB is because my doctor was there when I was a kid. I live up the road from you just south of Peoria. Usually go down there just for cards games. Imagine I'll be down there more since I'll be in the Morgan Cup and Parshooter36 is just southeast of you in Centrailia. We got some golfing to do once this season gets better here Illinois. But thank you for your service and let me know if you need anything Calvin. Thanks Andrew Coers
Hello everyone! I'm new to the site, so I'll tell a bit about me. I go by JollyGrnBucket on here, I also post on GolfWRX under a similar nickname and tweet with something similar (@JollyGrBucket). Why JollyGrnBucket? I used to be an HH-60G Pave Hawk Aerial Gunner in the Air Force, and we were known as the Jolly Green Giants. My call sign was Bucket, so I made a mash up of the two and bada bing, bada boom!

I've been playing golf since I was 13, when a skinny kid with a funny animal nickname won the U.S. Amateur and I was riveted watching it. Tiger made golf cool for me. I took several years off while in the service, and just recently picked the game back up. I've found it has been therapeutic for me. See, I'm married with two kids, one in Heaven, one on Earth. My oldest, Bella, fell I'll suddenly at 3 and a half from what we believe was a virus that caused her brain to swell. We eventually had to let her go to Heaven, and in the course of working through the grief and pain from that, I've found golf really helps. Of course, I (like most of you I'm sure) get a bit obsessive about it, and it drives my poor wife up a wall, though God love her she is very patient with me!

That's what brings me here. I'm excited to have a group of like minded individuals to talk golf with. It's great to be a part of such a wonderful organization, and I look forward to participating with you all!

-Calvin

Welcome to thp!

Back