Need Arthur Extreme Shaft Help Please

Jumpalot

Reaction score
Handicap
I currently play an Xcaliber 6 stiff in a 10.5 driver. Launch it 15* with 3100 spin, SS is 95-102. I'm quick with my tempo but I'm working on it. I'd like to bring down launch a little and bring down spin a lot. I'm looking at trying the Tour 6+. I've heard they play stiff to flex. So should I go with the R and tip it (how much?) or go with the stiff? Would the Xcaliber 6+ or the new Tour 6 be a better choice? I'm having trouble finding the difference between those two. Called GolfWorks and the lady on the phone wasn't much help. Any help is much appreciated.

I know you're not going to like this answer, but I doubt you get much help on this one on the forum. It essentially becomes a guess. Have you called the company directly? I thought I remembered a phone number on their website.

Found this on their site

619-994-1414

I have no experience with their shafts, but a phone call might help

Called it and it's no longer in service. Thought I'd try here as I remember a fairly long thread on these shafts a year or so ago. Just couldn't find much on needing to go up or down in flex.

I play the Xcaliber Tour 6 in TS, my SS is around 115 and I love it. I'm playing it in a Cobra amp cell head. I don't feel like I have to overpower the shaft, even on a smooth controlled swing I get good results. I'd love to give you numbers but I haven't been on a launch monitor. All I can say is that I'm more than happy and had my best season with the driver I've ever had. If you're in between flexes I'd recommend going with the stiffer shaft. I think you'll be pleased with the result. Good luck.

I currently play an Xcaliber 6 stiff in a 10.5 driver. Launch it 15* with 3100 spin, SS is 95-102. I'm quick with my tempo but I'm working on it. I'd like to bring down launch a little and bring down spin a lot. I'm looking at trying the Tour 6+. I've heard they play stiff to flex. So should I go with the R and tip it (how much?) or go with the stiff? Would the Xcaliber 6+ or the new Tour 6 be a better choice? I'm having trouble finding the difference between those two. Called GolfWorks and the lady on the phone wasn't much help. Any help is much appreciated.
Tempo Golf Components in Arizona sells them. I ordered one through Don Thompson there. His email is:
sales@tempogolfcomponents.com. Phone # is (520)505-8658.
Good luck!!!

They are owned by Golfworks. They will be able to help you. I played the 6+ at one time and loved it.

They are owned by Golfworks. They will be able to help you. I played the 6+ at one time and loved it.

I called Golfworks and the lady wasn't any help. She just quoted what was in the catalog.

I called Golfworks and the lady wasn't any help. She just quoted what was in the catalog.

Ask for Mark Masters or Kevin French

or try some different shafts from a company that have better customer support :)

Robin Arthur's designs are top notch, however you need to speak with Mark Masters or Kevin French at GolfWorks, not the nice lady who answers the phone.

You can also go to arthursports.com and talk to the man directly.

I'll try Golfworks again tomorrow. I called the number on his site and received a message that it was no longer in service.
I went in again tonight and worked on my tempo. When I swing the way I want, I'm right at 96 SS. If I really go after it, I can get it up to 102 and stay balanced but I don't really want to have to do that. When I swing smooth I can knock the spin down to 2900-3000 and still launch at 15*. I didn't adjust down to 9.5 (Nike covert) as I just wanted to concentrate on my swing. I'm going to try that next and see what happens. Regardless, I still want a little heavier shaft as the 50 gram Kuro Kage feels too light. I think a 60 gram shaft will help me with my tempo.
Thanks for all the help so far.

I'll try Golfworks again tomorrow. I called the number on his site and received a message that it was no longer in service.
I went in again tonight and worked on my tempo. When I swing the way I want, I'm right at 96 SS. If I really go after it, I can get it up to 102 and stay balanced but I don't really want to have to do that. When I swing smooth I can knock the spin down to 2900-3000 and still launch at 15*. I didn't adjust down to 9.5 (Nike covert) as I just wanted to concentrate on my swing. I'm going to try that next and see what happens. Regardless, I still want a little heavier shaft as the 50 gram Kuro Kage feels too light. I think a 60 gram shaft will help me with my tempo.
Thanks for all the help so far.

You ss is a lot like mine. I played the regular AXE in 6+ stiff

Do you find it hard to turn over or hit a draw? I heard someone else say he struggled with that but didn't have any problem with the Tour 6+.

I see from your sig that you play the 7m3 in all of your woods - with that ss/tempo do you swing the reg or the stiff? How do they launch for you?

regarding the arthur 6+ shaft: how does it compare to other shafts? I really like my ProLaunch Red but feel like it might still be launching a little high.

I see from your sig that you play the 7m3 in all of your woods - with that ss/tempo do you swing the reg or the stiff? How do they launch for you?

regarding the arthur 6+ shaft: how does it compare to other shafts? I really like my ProLaunch Red but feel like it might still be launching a little high.

I play them in stiff. I launch the ball high so the 7m3 helps give me a nice mid launch.

The 7m3 launches and spins a little lower than the 6+ did

Did you call Tempo Golf yet?

I actually reached out to Arthur using the email posted on Arthursports.com last month. He just now got back to me but apparently he was having health issues (poor guy). Since he's gotten back to me, he has been really responsive we've exchanged a few emails back and forth. If you have any questions maybe email him... Who else would be better to talk to than the creator himself?

Oops, forgot to update this. Robin did get back to me and he recommended the Tour 6+ in Regular. But, before he replied, I stuck a Saga I had in it and got pretty close to the numbers I was trying for so I'm going to leave it as is. I also picked up an Amp Cell with a Phenom in it for really cheap. Really like the look of this head, especially at address. The first time I hit it, my numbers were pretty good. The second time, I was swinging better and hitting the ball further, but I was launching it right at 15* with 3300-3500 rpms. I see on Hireko's DSFI chart they show the Phenom Stiff as softer playing shaft. So, I'm still looking at getting a Tour 6+ for this head. My main concern is launching the ball too low and losing too much carry.

Need Arthur Extreme Shaft Help Please

Glad to hear he got back to you. If you do grab a tour 6 + let us know how it works out.

Back