Cobra AMP Cell Pro Irons

Good stuff man. Those Amp pro's are just so damn good looking.

You're not kidding man I'm stressing over here over it lol.

You're not kidding man I'm stressing over here over it lol.
Don't stress. Just DO ITTTTTT!
I wanted to move away from my MP68's and S58's this year to something a little more forgiving. Was thinking the Amp Cell's, but those pros just keep calling my name. Need to get on a launchman with them.

Don't stress. Just DO ITTTTTT!
I wanted to move away from my MP68's and S58's this year to something a little more forgiving. Was thinking the Amp Cell's, but those pros just keep calling my name. Need to get on a launchman with them.

I was honestly blown away at how forgiving it was. It wasn't hard to hit at all.

What do you guys think I could get from a retail stand point instead of trading in? For Taylormade MC 4i-PW DG S300 & Taylormade MB 7i-PW DG S300 both would be a 9-9.5/10 for condition and a Oddy White Hot?

Split sets are a little tougher to gauge in terms of a trade in value. I mean I guess you could go to the value guide, get the value of half the Taylormade MB and maybe add 10% to it if he goes above that value guide since the MB's are a few years old now. The MC's, maybe add 15-20 depending on just how high he usually adds?

I was honestly blown away at how forgiving it was. It wasn't hard to hit at all.

Need to hit this. Going to NY Golf tomorrow on lunch to see if they have a demo club I could try. When are they being released again?

Need to hit this. Going to NY Golf tomorrow on lunch to see if they have a demo club I could try. When are they being released again?

I believe shipping for them starts early April.

Split sets are a little tougher to gauge in terms of a trade in value. I mean I guess you could go to the value guide, get the value of half the Taylormade MB and maybe add 10% to it if he goes above that value guide since the MB's are a few years old now. The MC's, maybe add 15-20 depending on just how high he usually adds?

Yeah that's true. If I could get $350-$400 making the AMP's $400-$450 outta pocket I think I'd do it.

I love the small details on this thing:
image.jpg

The color dots are awesome!

I think I will have one of these in my bag. One is better than none right?

Just did a custom fit on Golfsmith.com and they're say shipping would be March 14th. Thats with KBS Tour +1/2, 2*up. Think if I did this I would just go 4-LW with them.

Just did a custom fit on Golfsmith.com and they're say shipping would be March 14th. Thats with KBS Tour +1/2, 2*up. Think if I did this I would just go 4-LW with them.

March 14th!? Man that's a lot sooner than I expected.

They have to be best looking club of the year

They are definitely right up there with the Mizuno MP64 and MP69 for me. Very comparable to going MP64 in the long irons and MP69 in the short.

I know it's bad, but I know you all will understand, but I've been dreaming about these irons day and night, if mid March is now the timing I can't wait for the next few weeks!!!

March 14th!? Man that's a lot sooner than I expected.

I know it's bad, but I know you all will understand, but I've been dreaming about these irons day and night, if mid March is now the timing I can't wait for the next few weeks!!!

Not sure how accurate GS is, but I went all the way up to check out to see the date. Sure enough 3/14/2013

Yeah that's true. If I could get $350-$400 making the AMP's $400-$450 outta pocket I think I'd do it.

if i didn't already have a set of Pro's coming my way...i'd help you out, cuz i like that set you got there.

if i didn't already have a set of Pro's coming my way...i'd help you out, cuz i like that set you got there.

Me too. That's another issues I'm having I really enjoy my clubs and set up, but man those Cobras just felt right.

Hey man where did you hit these? Are stores stocking demo ones right now even though they don't have them on the shelf yet?

Golfsmith had them to hit around me, but they weren't on the shelf yet.

As far as iron sets go this thing is set to a T with it's stock shafts and grips, well done by Cobra for sure!

Guys who have hit these already, how do they compare in size to the AP2? I was at the store earlier and forgot to grab the Taylormade MC to compare to but hit the AP2's for a while.

Didn't get a chance to go hit these today but was talking with a guy at my work that just did. We both play MP68's on and off and he said they feel just as soft as them when flushed and his shot dispersion was very similar. Picked up around 8 or 9 yards, much more forgiving as well. Said the bounce on the club turned him off though. Said it looked higher then he's used to.

Guys who have hit these already, how do they compare in size to the AP2? I was at the store earlier and forgot to grab the Taylormade MC to compare to but hit the AP2's for a while.

Haven't hit the AP2's in awhile so I couldn't say.

As far as iron sets go this thing is set to a T with it's stock shafts and grips, well done by Cobra for sure!

It is an amazingly solid offering.

Back