2015 Wyndham Championship

It's a great course, but my issue with it is the coverage. Every time I watch it, all I see is that one par 3 with the elevated tee to the enormous green. I have no idea why they cover it so much. Show me the rest of the course.

Like him or not, seeing Woods in last group on a weekend is nothing but good for golf.

I disagree. That era is over, plain and simple. It is only Friday. Lots of golf yet to be played. I see the tour now as the Spieth, Day, Rory and Dustin show now. Tiger playing or not playing has passed, just like it did when Arnie and Jack stopped winning (and playing).

I disagree. That era is over, plain and simple. It is only Friday. Lots of golf yet to be played. I see the tour now as the Spieth, Day, Rory and Dustin show now. Tiger playing or not playing has passed, just like it did when Arnie and Jack stopped winning (and playing).

Once Tiger announced he was playing in this tournament, ticket sales sky rocketed. I agree that Spieth, Day, et al. are better players now but Tiger still generates a lot of buzz when he plays and more buzz when he plays better.

For the casual fan, which golf needs right now, it's ALL about Tiger still.

Avid fans like THPers know the other names and watch golf just because. Casual fans don't care about Rory, DJ, Day and others.

I hope Tiger blows it this weekend. So sick of hearing about this guy its not even funny. Hes as douchey as Bubba and can't hit half the shots that Bubba does. I prefer not to actively root against anyone but its becoming hard to ignore the homers. Now if he actually manages to put together a solid weekend and contend or win, then good for him but Id rather see someone else win. And before anyone says not to watch or not to say anything if I don't like that he's winning, I respond with I can root for or against anyone just like anyone else. Everyone else seems to be in love with him and I can't stand the guy. We all have those guys in sports, Ive just never been a huge Tiger fan to start with.

They broke attendence records on Thursday and Friday already and Thursday saw merch sales increase by 40% they said, that's nuts! Doesn't matter of one's personal opinions but i don't see how he isn't good for the game. This tournament obviously never saw these numbers before he decided to play

He is good for the game at "times". He appeals to the casual golf fans who rarely watch or care and definetly to the die hard Tiger fans. It will get to a point though where they will still be throwing his name out to try and make headlines or stir interest when he doesn't move the needle as much as he does now. Now is the perfect opportunity with all the young talent available to start giving some of these other stars some of that exposure or when the time comes then the sport of golf will suffer because of the narrow mindedness of media and fans alike.

I hope he wins so we talk about him more!

I want tiger to win so it can piss off quite a few people, too many get bothered by what a guy does on his own time.

Couldn't disagree more, he's an average player at best right now but this thread proves he moved the needle more than anybody else, Spieth included. More people pay attention to and watch golf when Tiger is in the picture.

I couldn't care less what he does on his own time. Its what he does in the spotlight that turns me off the most. To much whining, complaining, excuse making, and overall bad attitude towards golf and fans at times that makes me dislike him. There are so many guys on tour with more personality than Tiger its not funny. Dude is a robot and the only reason hes even mentioned is because of the way he dominated for awhile. If he was a mediocre golfer his name wouldn't be worth what it is today. It won't piss me off if he wins but I hope it goes to somebody who 1. Mops the floor with Tiger during the weekend and 2. Does it with some class and respect for the game and their fans. Either way Ill be watching. You shouldn't assume so much.

I couldn't care less what he does on his own time. Its what he does in the spotlight that turns me off the most. To much whining, complaining, excuse making, and overall bad attitude towards golf and fans at times that makes me dislike him. There are so many guys on tour with more personality than Tiger its not funny. Dude is a robot and the only reason hes even mentioned is because of the way he dominated for awhile. If he was a mediocre golfer his name wouldn't be worth what it is today. It won't piss me off if he wins but I hope it goes to somebody who 1. Mops the floor with Tiger during the weekend and 2. Does it with some class and respect for the game and their fans. Either way Ill be watching. You shouldn't assume so much.
I'm pretty sure jack, Arnie and Phil wouldn't be what they are today if they were mediocre. Michale Jordan and Wayne Gretzky either.

Guys lets not derail this too much. There's a Tiger thread for that haha

Ill move my reply to the appropriate forum.

Once Tiger announced he was playing in this tournament, ticket sales sky rocketed. I agree that Spieth, Day, et al. are better players now but Tiger still generates a lot of buzz when he plays and more buzz when he plays better.

I live in NC and listen to a morning radio show out of Greensboro. The week of the PGA, they were running a commercial for buy one get one on Wyndham tickets through a regional grocery store. Now scalpers are getting over face value. Tiger still carries a tremendous amount of interest.

Give 'em hell!

Go Tiger Go. Loooove seeing him play well and with confidence.

Go Tiger Go. Loooove seeing him play well and with confidence.

me too. hoping the golf gods will let him sustain it. could we see a playoff sunday?

me too. hoping the golf gods will let him sustain it. could we see a playoff sunday?
I have no problem with people hating on Tiger. Frankly he deserves most of it. Doesn't change the fact that I am excited to see him play well.

I don't hate him by any means. But I also don't blindly support and root for him either.

Wow...the Tiger hatred runs deep on here!

I love seeing guys stepping up their game before the playoffs.

Id love to see a sneds, DL3, Tiger tear to the finish Sunday.

I don't hate him by any means.

Are you sure?

I hope Tiger blows it this weekend. So sick of hearing about this guy its not even funny. Hes as douchey as Bubba and can't hit half the shots that Bubba does. I prefer not to actively root against anyone but its becoming hard to ignore the homers... Everyone else seems to be in love with him and I can't stand the guy. We all have those guys in sports, Ive just never been a huge Tiger fan to start with.

. To much whining, complaining, excuse making, and overall bad attitude towards golf and fans at times that makes me dislike him. There are so many guys on tour with more personality than Tiger its not funny... but I hope it goes to somebody who 1. Mops the floor with Tiger during the weekend...

Pretty strong feelings there for not hating the guy...

2015 Wyndham Championship

the words will always be strong. It's fun to hate on Tiger while he's not winning. It's sort of the "cool" thing to do like when we used to play Nintendo 64 or like square head drivers. So yes, the words will be strong but they will be very quiet if TW starts winning again

Watching the replay. Still can't believe that putt on 9 didn't drop. Got to the lip and wobbled backwards.

I was a huge Tiger fan growing up and like seeing him play well again. Unfortunately, the first time he's leading going into the weekend in several years, I have to work 7 to 7 tomorrow and Sunday.

Is this the worst field of the year? Im not saying this to bag on any performance, as I have been at a THP Event the last two days and just looked at the leaderboard. This is like a Web.com event.

It's a valid point. I think part of that is that this is the last "qualifying" event for the playoffs. The other point is that it's a decidedly minor event after all the majors.

A lot of lesser known golfers on this one.

Sent from iPhone+Tapatalk

Back