2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really cool. After doing my 7 week Bootcamp I believe classes are the only way to go if you aren't a die hard gym member. It's nice to have someone tell you what to do and not have to think to much about it while making progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I love the most about it. There is no thinking, just doing.

That's what I love the most about it. There is no thinking, just doing.
Is there a nutrition plan along with the classes? I follow the theory a bit, and have heard some say you should have your main protein before working out and then a glass of something like chocolate milk or Guinness afterwards.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

If I am going to have a real hardcore workout I will do this.
Have an isolate shake pre workout. Then a blended protein and ignition post workout.

Is there a nutrition plan along with the classes? I follow the theory a bit, and have heard some say you should have your main protein before working out and then a glass of something like chocolate milk or Guinness afterwards.

They offer a nutrition plan but I haven't talked to them about it.

They offer a nutrition plan but I haven't talked to them about it.
Talk to them about it please! You can tell them what diet you're on now, and they can offer modification suggestions so that you take advantage of their workout philosophy. :)

Golf ...... this is the only sport where its atheletes can be fat and have belly :clap:

Golf ...... this is the only sport where its atheletes can be fat and have belly :clap:
Darts, snooker, billiards, poker, to name a few more.

I saw some stuff on this similar method earlier in the week other than the mention of mag-10.
Yeah, definitely not espousing the product. I used to do something similar when I lost 40lbs in a month.

Yeah, definitely not espousing the product. I used to do something similar when I lost 40lbs in a month.

Dang what did you do that is insane weight loss

Wendler recommends 2 mile walk/4 days a week as one option. I think it was Eliot Hulse that was talking about this concept of walking 1hr/ 6 days a week before eating...but he didn't mention any supplements. I have been considering doing this which means I will probably have to switch workout to lunch time, which I might be ok with

The first thing I did when finally sitting down to my computer after getting home from the #TheGrandaddy was schedule my 2 Orange Theory classes for next week.

I ran into the guy at work who organized our last boot camp. Sounds like he will put one together after the 1st of the year again. Hello 5am mornings again!

I ran into the guy at work who organized our last boot camp. Sounds like he will put one together after the 1st of the year again. Hello 5am mornings again!

I used to take Crossfit at 5am before going to work. When the alarm first went off I hated life, but by the time I got there I loved it! It was the best way to start the day.

The first thing I did when finally sitting down to my computer after getting home from the #TheGrandaddy was schedule my 2 Orange Theory classes for next week.

Proud of you! I'll be calling you the machine before too long

I miss doing mornings. I loved it, but my wife's new work schedule has us working out at night. I loved the 6AM workouts but would rather spend the hour working out together.

I used to take Crossfit at 5am before going to work. When the alarm first went off I hated life, but by the time I got there I loved it! It was the best way to start the day.

This is exactly how I felt. Dreaded getting up but it went fast and by 630 I felt ready to attack the day. Great feeling (and 2 inches off my waist in a couple weeks)

Proud of you! I'll be calling you the machine before too long

Thanks! Haha, I am not sure I will ever deserve that title considering you went to the gym every morning at #theGrandaddy.

This is exactly how I felt. Dreaded getting up but it went fast and by 630 I felt ready to attack the day. Great feeling (and 2 inches off my waist in a couple weeks)

I felt so great all day when I did that, and I slept so well at night.

I started at 240lbs, ended at 200lbs.

Food:
(edit) Large black coffee in the morning.
Intermittent fasting with my "feeding period" between noon and 8pm. I would try to eat 1500 calories, with 1g protein per kg body weight. I'm a vegetarian so the protein was mostly lentils and powders.

Exercise:
Bought a 10-50lb weight vest.

Every morning I would do 30 push-ups three times (90 total) with ten minutes between sets. At the beginning I was doing 5 push-ups at a time to get to the 30.

Every day during lunch (an hour) I would walk around the business park and do ten squats at the end of each parking lot row.
Every week I added ten lbs to the vest. When it was raining, I would walk for an hour inside the building.

At the end of my day I would try to get ten pull-ups in. At the beginning I was only doing negative pull-ups (jump up then try to slowly let myself down). Towards the end I got to 15 normal pull-ups unbroken.

It was brutal at the beginning, but fun at the end.
Dang what did you do that is insane weight loss

Last edited:
Back from a week of work meetings in Orlando and I ended up dropping 1 lb! Weighed in at 194 this morning. Very happy with that. So many tempting food items and booze that I was able to handle with moderation.

Now I'm on vacation for a week and heading out to Ireland this afternoon. Going to be spending a lot of pub time this trip, so expect to come back about 5 lbs heavier!

Thats okay CPL, you earned that. Enjoy the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back