Bridgestone JGR Irons Preview

You would not happen to have a picture of this club next to the j15 cast? I am curious about the sole and comparison to your friendlier iron.

That is definitely a wide sole. Can't believe I missed this thread yesterday.

I was curious if it was Gmax wide or more like the Wilson d200 wide.

If your looking for easy to hit, long and forgiving and not considering these your missing out. These are legit the most impressive irons I've seen so far at the show.

If I could only find a place that will have these to demo I would be all about them. Looks like I'll be making my way to the Bridgestone website when these are released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In an odd twist the two clubs I keep coming back to are at completely opposite ends of the spectrum - these and the Hogans. Super forgiving, distance, feel...tough to beat a package like this.

Last edited:
I was curious if it was Gmax wide or more like the Wilson d200 wide.

Think hybrid like wide. It is a very unique club that could likely help quite a few golfers. I really want to hit these but it will need to be outdoors in order to get the full effect IMO.

Gotta admit, these are pretty ugly on the trout scale, I'll stay a couple isles away.

Bridgestone JGR Irons Preview

If I could only find a place that will have these to demo I would be all about them. Looks like I'll be making my way to the Bridgestone website when these are released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in the Chicago area I can't think of a place that would carry them or carry them now. Can't remember seeing Bridgestone irons in PGATSS. Sounds like I have reason to go there this weekend :)

Last edited:
The good news is that these should likely be part of their test drive program if you cannot find them locally. I am intrigued...I saw one review where the guy said he wanted to hate the club...but fell in love. I cannot wait to try this out.

I live in the Chicago area I can't think of a place that would carry them or carry them now. Can't remember seeing Bridgestone irons in PGATSS. Sounds like I have reason to go there this weekend :)

I know at one time I saw bridgestone stuff at the PGATSS in Chicagoland area so I am hoping they will have them.

When do these hit the market?

The scheduled release date is March 4th!
Thanks for the info. My local pro shop is one of the places that actually carries Bridgestone clubs. I can't wait to go in there and hit these.

All of the PGA Tour Superstores including the two in the Chicago area are full line stocking dealers. They should have our complete line of clubs in inventory, or at least close to it. If they don't, it's usually because they have sold out of an item and have a shipment coming. The JGR line will be released March 4th, and will also be available through our Test Drive program the same day.

http://testdrive.bridgestonegolf.com/

Guys, I've been getting a lot of questions about the 2 pitching wedges, so I thought I'd explain the reasoning behind it here since others might be wondering the same thing.

• The main reason is the JGR Hybrid Forged irons have stronger lofts and longer assembled lengths than our J15 line. JGR is all about distance WHILE maintaining the trajectories and landing angles that better golfers are accustomed to seeing. For this reason, our 9i loft is 33*and our PW1 loft is 38*. We therefore, decided to call our final club in the set PW2 because its loft is at 44*. Knowing that players typically associate PW lofts in the mid to high 40’s for loft, we did not want to name the final club AW – Approach Wedge, because that gives the impression that the loft is in the 50’s. (BTW – our AW, available as an add on, has a loft of 50*).
  • Our Japan division performed a study a number of years back that asked players “what is your favorite club in the bag”? The PW was the #3 response behind 8i and Driver. So an extra PW in the bag is a good thing, right? "PW" on the bottom of the club inspires confidence for a lot of us that play this game.

The JGR Hybrid Forged irons feature the LOWEST and DEEPEST CoG of any forged iron on the market, and for that reason alone we were able to strengthen the lofts while maintaining typical trajectories and landing angles that golfers demand (Example: the JGR 8i flies out of the “shoot” at the same trajectory and features the same apex and landing angles as the j15CB 8i. The only difference is the JGR 8i is carrying 10-12 yards further than the j15CB 8i).

We are only able to make the lofts strong and lengthen the JGR irons because of the wide flange design. No one would want to play an 8i that came out like a 5i because you would lose all of your stopping power on the green, BUT, with JGR we can because of it’s LOW & DEEP CoG. JGR is a game-changer and I can guarantee there is no other iron like it on the market!

Thanks for the explanation. The more I look at these the more interest I have. Definitely will have to try these as soon as I can!!

All of the PGA Tour Superstores including the two in the Chicago area are full line stocking dealers. They should have our complete line of clubs in inventory, or at least close to it. If they don't, it's usually because they have sold out of an item and have a shipment coming. The JGR line will be released March 4th, and will also be available through our Test Drive program the same day.

http://testdrive.bridgestonegolf.com/

Thanks for the clarification. I'll look for the Bridgestone clubs next time I'm there.

I'm really interested in taking some swings with these. Not the profile I gravitate towards, but probably the one that would be best for my game.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll look for the Bridgestone clubs next time I'm there.

So I play a 6H which is a 28 degree club. The 7 JGR Hybrid Iron is a 26 degree club. Should I be concerned that the 7 is higher loft than my 6? Can these clubs be custom ordered? I usually play 2 up and 1/2" long.

Yes they can be custom ordered.

Demo Day PIcs

i-dDwC4rd-XL.jpg

i-BDtdgv8-XL.jpg

i-GPS7473-XL.jpg

i-NPmPKbw-XL.jpg
I've never gamed anything that "substantial" before but the look is growing on me.

I really appreciate the additional info that Jeff has provided throughout this thread. Bit bummed that I will miss our local demo weekend at the end of April. Hopefully, someone in the area will have a set or I guess I will have to do the "test drive".
I have this set at the house and they are a lot of fun to play. Launch high, super forgiving and have a very soft feel/muted sound.
How's the turf interaction, especially from the rough you guys have?

I've never gamed anything that "substantial" before but the look is growing on me.

I really appreciate the additional info that Jeff has provided throughout this thread. Bit bummed that I will miss our local demo weekend at the end of April. Hopefully, someone in the area will have a set or I guess I will have to do the "test drive".

How's the turf interaction, especially from the rough you guys have?

No real issues Duffer. It feels smooth and has this awesome sound.

No real issues Duffer. It feels smooth and has this awesome sound.
Thanks, just what I was hoping to hear.

Back