Most Famous Golfer You Have Teed It Up With

flog2424

Philippians 4:13
Reaction score
Handicap
This year on the PGA Tour has been so fun to watch because many of the guys I teed it up with in junior golf are having great success on the PGA Tour (Chris Kirk, Harris English, Russell Henley, Brian Harmon, Roberto Castro) to name a few.

Who out there has had encounters or grew up playing the game with some of todays or yesterdays stars

Kris Tamulis - current LPGA player

Matt Wood - PGA Professional at The Hideaway

I also played golf against Kevin Foley in high school. He is on the PGA Tour now.

Sean O'Hair last year in a pro -am

Tough one, I've played with Tom Watson and Phil Mickelson as part of corporate boondoggle's. Locally I've had the chance to play with Justin Leonard, Lanny Wadkins, and Harrison Frazar on several occassions.

Mike Dean

Joanna Coe, Symetra Tour. She just finished in 7th this past week.

I've never played golf with famous people. I guess the most impressive resumes I've seen are a couple Morgan Cup winners and captains.

That's good enough for me.

Briny Baird - Played against him in high school.
Jerry Heard - Won 5 or 6 PGA Tour events in the 1970s. Played with him at Silverthorn, which he owns/owned.
Tommy Bolt - Won 15 PGA Tour events in the 1950s and 60s. He was in his 70s when I played with him, but could still really play.

Depends on your definition of famous. I've played with a few famous THPers!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Played with K-Tam a couple times and Meredith Duncan once. Also some fancy pants lawyer from Atlanta.

Oh, and Harry Arnett. He's sorta famous.

Mike Ward, Dan Edwards, and Donne Willingham. I was only non MC Captain in that foursome. But it was awesome nonetheless.

Just recently played with a guy trying to make his way in golf. Was on the Hooters Tour. Name was C.G. Mercatoris. Amazing how good guys like that are.

Unless one counts the pro-ams when it was called the Futrues Tour, (my then home course was a venue for 5 years) its been many a year ago. As a corporate guest, I got to be one of Hal Sutton's am partners at the Houston Open. Because he was a friend of a friend, I got to play with Calvin Peete.

No one on Tour. I've played with a few Royals and Chiefs players for a couple of holes. Though I caddied for my brother in a Pro Am and we were paired with R.W. Eaks...but I wasn't playing.

Mike Ward, Dan Edwards, and Donne Willingham. I was only non MC Captain in that foursome. But it was awesome nonetheless.

That WAS an awesome round. Imagine how different it would have played out if we'd known we would be captains then hahaha! Maybe a bit more feisty? hahaha

I didn't tee it up with her, but I stalked Condoleeza Rice and made her take a picture with me. The only member at Augusta that I've ever met.

No one. Although I was on the range next to some lady golfer who was in some sort of tournament and spoke a different language.

That WAS an awesome round. Imagine how different it would have played out if we'd known we would be captains then hahaha! Maybe a bit more feisty? hahaha

If we would have known we were all in the MC together as well. That really was a fun pairing, even in the pouring rain we had there for a while.

- Ryan Hawk
- Hashtag Chad and Jason Finley
- Matt Woods (Head Pro at the Hideaway)
- Jason Garrett

Freddie Kong.

THP Pro Ryan Hawk

Puttin4Bird - THP Staffer, Pro, Champion, Hall Of Fame member and all around great guy.
Dr. Teeth - THP member, dentist and besides that a great guy.
Dave Cordero - Public Relations Manager, TaylorMade Golf Company, he's kind of a good guy as well. (understatement)

Back