What do you look for in a grip?

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
Not looking for brand names. What characteristics do you look for in a grip? Soft? Firm? Stick? Color? etc. I would be lying if I said color didnt play a part into it. I loved the Crossline Ace grips but they were just so dang boring. I look for something that feels right and will be durable but also that looks good.

The most important characteristic of a grip is how tacky it is. The summers get hot in South Alabama and sweat is a big problem from time to time. I love to grab a club and know I dont have to worry about the grip slipping at all.

After tack, I really like a soft grip. I have played the majority of the grip styles, and I really prefer the softer grips.

Color is very important, but not important enough to risk the club slipping.

I need grip, I get sweaty palms so I have had my best success with corded grips. If they look good that is even better, but I will play whatever helps me hold onto the club best.

I need grip, I get sweaty palms so I have had my best success with corded grips. If they look good that is even better, but I will play whatever helps me hold onto the club best.

Try a Gripmaster grip. Have your local pro custom order one to try.... Best grip in golf.

I want tacky.

Black is fine, but I don't mind different colors or multi color grips.

Tacky, Soft, Colorful. In that order. I gotta have something that feels somewhat sticky to me, and I much prefer softness than a firm grip.

Playing in the heat and humidity of South GA, my top priority in a grip is one that has great moisture management characteristics.

If I could use a tar stick I would, that's how tacky I like 'em. Usually a very tacky grip will be on the soft side anyway so that falls in line well.

I always look for something that isn't going to have my hands slip and I like a soft feel to them.

Tacky, soft and black I hate any white grips because of the dirt.

Like most... tacky is number one. Then comes cushion... then color, although I really like bright colors cause it helps me keep from walking away from a green with a club on the ground :)

Soft on the hands as I prefer to not wear a glove. And customizable is an awesome feature as well.

Tacky, Soft, Colorful. In that order. I gotta have something that feels somewhat sticky to me, and I much prefer softness than a firm grip.

Ditto on this one. Funny, I just had my local shop put Winn Dri-Tac grips on my wife's clubs and now I've got grip envy. But I'm waiting for the new Golf Pride tacky grips to come on in a couple of weeks...

Back