In search of a new Stand bag, going to walk more this year.

golfdawg

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking for a combination of weight, quality and function. Some i am looking at are the 4.5 by sun mountain, few Ogio offerings, but want to make sure i am not missing anything.

Like at least a three full length dividers, and comfortable straps.

Everyone seems to love the Wilson Staff Nexus.

I also really like the TaylorMade PureLite stand bag with the square top.

Experience is limited I guess, but I've been extremely happy with the Callaway XTT. Has a nice putter slot that makes a big difference for me. Very comfortable for walking.

Experience is limited I guess, but I've been extremely happy with the Callaway XTT. Has a nice putter slot that makes a big difference for me. Very comfortable for walking.

The Callaway XTT is a great bag.
Also love the innovation in the Wilson NeXus. So cool.

Love the lightweight puma bag

see this is why i love this place, i knew i would get some new direction to find some options.

Sun Mountain 4.5 is a great bag and great quality. Also you get a company that will stand by their product pretty strongly.

Sun Mountain 4.5 is a great bag and great quality. Also you get a company that will stand by their product pretty strongly.

4.5 seems to bring a lot to the table for sure, i have seen some deals on a older sun mountain product called KG:2 seems to be ultra light, for around 85.00 out the door.

Love the 4 five. I have one and use it regularly

4.5 seems to bring a lot to the table for sure, i have seen some deals on a older sun mountain product called KG:2 seems to be ultra light, for around 85.00 out the door.

KG:2 is another solid offering. Not really that old of a model either. Believe only 2013 or 2012 model, depending on the colourway.

good suggestions in here. I used to have a SM zero-G, essentially a 3.5 with the added belt. never used the belt really so i had it in "3.5" mode, and was pretty happy with that bag. Good leg stability, nice grab handle, good weight, nice comfy straps and back padding.

I eventually sold that and went with the 2012 hoofer in white. The hoofer stand system is great of course, great looking bag, nice handle, decent straps. But the one thing that irks me the most was the dividers. my grips would get stuck on each other so frequently it pained me enough to go to a staff bag :) haha. I still use it for travel or whenever i feel like carrying, the staff bag lives on the clic gear now. Love everything about it except the dividers, and some others have expressed the same concern.

Love my 4.5 (is my back up now) but I had an issue with no dedicated putter slot. With a fat putter grip it was a pain at times. Nothing horrible, but I like having the putter slot on my regular bag now.

Love my 4.5 (is my back up now) but I had an issue with no dedicated putter slot. With a fat putter grip it was a pain at times. Nothing horrible, but I like having the putter slot on my regular bag now.

That is one thing i loved about the Ogio Edge(best bag ever) i had, while more of a hybrid, and did ok walking was great at everything else , was a great sorting system with the Woode top.

Ogio Edge is most likely the best bag I've had, but since Ogio has pretty much skipped their Woode top system, I would recommend to the OP a Sun Mountain or an older Ogio bag.

I have a Mizuno Aerolite 029 and I absolutely love it.

Ogio Edge is most likely the best bag I've had, but since Ogio has pretty much skipped their Woode top system, I would recommend to the OP a Sun Mountain or an older Ogio bag.

i have eliminated the Ogio due to just not a fan of the latest designs , unless i found the Sprint priced right, which was out last year that did have the Woode top.

right now i would say i like,

Callaway XXT as JB mentioned, the newer Fusion 14 could be a option.

Sun mountain the 4.5 or the KG:2

Addidas SAMBA

Mizuno Aerolite 029 - in gray

In this latest Bag search, and i really have not looked for a new bag in years, it's pretty amazing how far they have come.

Wile i have ZERO need for a Cart Bag, as i have had only stand bags for about 7-8 years, there are some very good looking cart bags out there.

I guess the Ogio Edge stand bag was a real Hybrid, it gave me the sturdiness of a Cart bag, with the functionality of a stand bag.

I have an Ogio, it's a great bag! It's easy to carry and also works well if you want to put it in a chart. Great customer service as well!

I want to pop in about Sun Mountain customer service. I bought a new SV-1 speed cart, and I must have gotten the 'assembled on a friday' unit as it's had a couple issues. That being said, I've had to call Sun Mountain twice about parts gone bad, and both times they have sent out brand new replacement parts, no cost, no questions, just got them out right away to me.

I highly recommend the 2014 Three 5 from Sun mountain. the Four 5 has 14 dividers if that's important to you. Be aware that advertised bag weights for Ogio are WITHOUT the straps AND without the rain hood. Sun Mountain is WITH straps no rain hood. It is not apples to apples.

The new Nexus bag featured in the THP Newsletter is worth a look. That thing looks awesome.

I really like my Callaway HL5. I've always had Mizuno stand bags as I love the design of the slots.

I have had a Sun Mountain 3.5 Deluxe for the past year and like it a lot. I walk unless required to take a cart. The weight obviously is great and it has plenty of pockets and room for clubs. If you need a bag with more room for stuff then you won't be walking much with it.

I want to pop in about Sun Mountain customer service. I bought a new SV-1 speed cart, and I must have gotten the 'assembled on a friday' unit as it's had a couple issues. That being said, I've had to call Sun Mountain twice about parts gone bad, and both times they have sent out brand new replacement parts, no cost, no questions, just got them out right away to me.

very good to know

I highly recommend the 2014 Three 5 from Sun mountain. the Four 5 has 14 dividers if that's important to you. Be aware that advertised bag weights for Ogio are WITHOUT the straps AND without the rain hood. Sun Mountain is WITH straps no rain hood. It is not apples to apples.

Another fact i did not know, and the 3.5 and 4.5 are in my top group, all that really separates them is the dividers.

The new Nexus bag featured in the THP Newsletter is worth a look. That thing looks awesome.

Yes i have looked it over, and it's a nice surprise from Wilson, they are stepping up there game.

I really like my Callaway HL5. I've always had Mizuno stand bags as I love the design of the slots.

Callaway for a OEM equipment company turns out some nice bags, and the Mizuno as i alluded to before, is in the top three.

Just received my Sun Mountain 3.5 and can't be more happy. Big enough for all stuff while walking.

Back