Titleist CB 714 vs AP2 714

Mattyb18

Reaction score
Handicap
Just wondering about the pros and cons of both. Have a 95mph clubhead speed and have no problem hitting long irons.

Id say more technology and forgiveness in the the AP2. Also, slightly different look at address. The CBs appear to me as having a slight slight slight more offset.

AP2's all the way in my opinion. Wicked Cool Bearded Man hit it on the head, more forgiveness and more technology in them. Not to mention aesthetically I think they look better as well. I play the 710's in 4-6 and I love them. Very confident with my 200 yards + shots when I'm looking down at these things.

I vote for hitting them both and seeing which one you hit best and produces the best numbers for you.

Having hit both they are both great heads the cb's are a bit more demanding and not quite as forgiving.

Nothing appeals to me about the CB model in the Titleist line. The MB's have the classy looks of a blade and the AP2 packages enough GI into a players irons to to be notable. The CB just kind of exists. I assume most playing them do a combo set with MB's in the short irons because the AP2 and MB don't look enough alike for really finicky Titleist guys.

Hit both in the 712's...the CB's were much better. Such a solid and underrated club. I have and still play 990's so the CB really is appealing to my eye.

Really liked the 712 CB's as well as the AP2's, but the CB's are definitely more demanding. I'd go AP2 honestly if I were you, they feel very similar but you get more help particularly on toe side and thin shots with the AP2.

I've been using CB712 for years and recently got 714AP2.

CB's strike feel is phenomenal and obviously better than AP2. Also easier to curve the ball.
AP2 offers more distance (5-10y more than CB), and much more forgiveness when I give thin shot, loss of the distance is quite limited.
And AP2 is not likely to curve as CB does, but on the other hand, less dispersion at the miss hits.
But vertical spin seems to be close, don't know why.

So for the competition, I would use AP2, but still CB is fun to strike.

Back