The Netflix and Streaming Thread

100% worth it. Best show on TV imo, and I know many will disagree, but I don't care.

Just checked and I'm on season 10 episode 5. Hoping to see all episodes and begin Homeland by mid February

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its narcos time tonight
If you can tolerate subtitles or speak fluent Spanish its a great series. I loved it and after a while i didnt notice i was reading the subtitles

If you can tolerate subtitles or speak fluent Spanish its a great series. I loved it and after a while i didnt notice i was reading the subtitles
Sometimes the subtitles and Spanish don't match. My cousin is totally fluent in Spanish and said he couldn't stay up with them, especially when the translations didn't match. Lol

Great show though!

Sometimes the subtitles and Spanish don't match. My cousin is totally fluent in Spanish and said he couldn't stay up with them, especially when the translations didn't match. Lol

Great show though!

To be fair, central and South American Spanish is different from proper Spanish. Slang and word connotation is the big difference

To be fair, central and South American Spanish is different from proper Spanish. Slang and word connotation is the big difference
He speaks Argentine Spanish. Lived there for 2 years.

I speak Mexican slang Spanish and it's funny to hear words that mean something totally different in Mexico than they do in Colombia.

All the reading made me sleepy and I only made it 10 minutes into 1st episode lol

He speaks Argentine Spanish. Lived there for 2 years.

I speak Mexican slang Spanish and it's funny to hear words that mean something totally different in Mexico than they do in Colombia.

So true. My roommate in college was Columbian & there was am earning curve for me. I speak fluent Spanish and it was comical at times

All the reading made me sleepy and I only made it 10 minutes into 1st episode lol
lol The first episode sets the stage for the whole series so theres a lot of jumping to present time and past tense. Try re watching it today before your bedtime

So true. My roommate in college was Columbian & there was am earning curve for me. I speak fluent Spanish and it was comical at times
They would say words in Narcos that were "bad" or derogatory and in Mexican, they are just casual conversation. And vice versa.

It's the same with English though. Watching Broadchurch is about the same. The Brits/Scots use a totally different vocabulary

lol The first episode sets the stage for the whole series so theres a lot of jumping to present time and past tense. Try re watching it today before your bedtime

I'll do it at lunch when Im supposed to be doing rankings

last night we started to work through the alien mythology episodes of the x files, with the re-boot starting this sunday.

Just watched the first episode of Narcos. Loved it. Just have to be paying attention.

Just watched the first episode of Narcos. Loved it. Just have to be paying attention.

I'm worried that I won't pay attention and read the subtitles.

Just finished narcos. I liked it a lot although the Spanish was a bit much at times. Now to find my next show to watch.

I'm thinking about starting Sherlock, any thoughts on this show?

Glad I'm not the only one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I multi task while watching tv. And often forget what the heck I just watched.

I read enough during the day.

I'm thinking about starting Sherlock, any thoughts on this show?

I liked it. I thought cumberbatch was really good and it's only 3 episode seasons so it's a pretty easy watch.

The Netflix Thread

The Netflix Thread

***edit**** not on Netflix

Just finished up narcos. Great first season and ended with a cliffhanger

Back