UK THP Spring Cup Discussion Thread

Check your PM

Mav, on the road at the minute. Freezing Cold Helsinki! Then back in UK for a few hours and off again (at least to somewhere warmer!) so at some point I'll whizz you some cash for Nev, Sam, Tom and I. I'll aim for tomorrow night and PM you. Same bank details as last time?

Looking like another cracking trip! Excited as a schoolgirl on prom night. I'll get some balls sorted.

Bully! Over to you on the T shirts! Xxl for me.

No problem fella thanks - same details as last time yes.

Cheers

Hi Mav, mine and David's in the post. Sounds great fun again, hopefully have a little surprise as well this time...

Hi Mav, mine and David's in the post. Sounds great fun again, hopefully have a little surprise as well this time...

Oh common tell us more :)

Little and not very exciting Sums it up

Had some unexpected company tonight so didn't get a chance to send my deposit over but will get it sorted tomorrow and will drop you a PM when it is done

Chris I will get mine sorted tomorrow for you :)

Mav, on the road at the minute. Freezing Cold Helsinki! Then back in UK for a few hours and off again (at least to somewhere warmer!) so at some point I'll whizz you some cash for Nev, Sam, Tom and I. I'll aim for tomorrow night and PM you. Same bank details as last time?

Looking like another cracking trip! Excited as a schoolgirl on prom night. I'll get some balls sorted.

Bully! Over to you on the T shirts! Xxl for me.

Once we have the confirmed numbers, I will try sort something out.

Starting to get deposits and payments through for this guys - very much appreciated.

To anyone still considering this we have 11 people listed at the moment and 16 available slots. This promises to be a cracking trip (much like the last one), so do yourselves a favour and book Monday 3rd off and come and enjoy some great golf and even better company :clapp:

Any more takers yet?

(Plus a bump back to the first page :alien:)

Right o. Payment sent Mr MAV sir. Mine in full and deposits for Carlsberg Boy, Dirk and Sam. I'll get them to cough up the rest and pass it on.

Clearly MAV281 and Burgerbudge put too much pressure on Crag Rat last outing. Despite being our Chump, sorry Champ, he is getting coaching...I am going to have to break my habit and actually practice! Tough to keep up with you guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Any more takers yet?

(Plus a bump back to the first page :alien:)

Might have another. He is due back from the Maldives this weekend (no, I don't like him much either! ;) )

So I'll update once he comes back to me

Right o. Payment sent Mr MAV sir. Mine in full and deposits for Carlsberg Boy, Dirk and Sam. I'll get them to cough up the rest and pass it on.

Clearly MAV281 and Burgerbudge put too much pressure on Crag Rat last outing. Despite being our Chump, sorry Champ, he is getting coaching...I am going to have to break my habit and actually practice! Tough to keep up with you guys!

Lol. You should see me after some of my lessons, fats, thins, shanks I can do it all!!

I like the sound of 12 of us but 16 would be even better, if we can keep up those sorts of numbers we can even start to think if having a Uk Ryder cup type event, I'd love that, only done it once and it was awesome

Well my handicap just got reviewed and I've gone up to 21 because of the poor year I ad last year - where fats, thins, shanks were some of my better shots.

I'll be aiming to get that back down to 17-18 before the Spring cup comes round otherwise I might need to borrow your name El B :)

Might have another. He is due back from the Maldives this weekend (no, I don't like him much either! ;) )

So I'll update once he comes back to me

Sounds good to me fella.

My old man isn't able to make this one sadly - but given that we already have 11/12 it should be as good if not better than the last one.

I need to see if I can get your handicap committee to move North, been several years I could have done with that??

Lol. You should see me after some of my lessons, fats, thins, shanks I can do it all!!

I like the sound of 12 of us but 16 would be even better, if we can keep up those sorts of numbers we can even start to think if having a Uk Ryder cup type event, I'd love that, only done it once and it was awesome

Now that sounds like a plan to me ;)

FYI - Got your deposits in the post and have marked these down.

Good to hear, need balance by about mid April?

Well my handicap just got reviewed and I've gone up to 21 because of the poor year I ad last year - where fats, thins, shanks were some of my better shots.

I'll be aiming to get that back down to 17-18 before the Spring cup comes round otherwise I might need to borrow your name El B :)

Wahaay! Can't argue with the handicap committee boss! Tip would be, don't go chasing a reduction, hit good shots and the rest will look after itself. I would be delighted to lend the nickname! But it would be nice if I could live up to it, just once! I have started my warm weather training camp and am playing 18 on Faldos new course in Cyprus on Monday. Don't think Nick is coming, but hopefully can have a playing lesson with Leadbetter. Stavros Leadbetter that is....:beauty:

Wahaay! Can't argue with the handicap committee boss! Tip would be, don't go chasing a reduction, hit good shots and the rest will look after itself. I would be delighted to lend the nickname! But it would be nice if I could live up to it, just once! I have started my warm weather training camp and am playing 18 on Faldos new course in Cyprus on Monday. Don't think Nick is coming, but hopefully can have a playing lesson with Leadbetter. Stavros Leadbetter that is....:beauty:

I know what you mean fella.

Not wanting to sound like I am blowing my own trumpet but if you had seen me play before Christmas (Aug-Oct 2012 time) you would have seen a totally different golfer. Quite honestly I was struggling with everything, my swing was so upright I was hitting major banana slices off the tee, shanking hybrids and irons at 45* angles more often than not - honestly it was awful. I was literally scoring 20-22 points in stableford games most weeks.

I spent alot of time over the back end of 2012 and the Xmas period (Nov and Dec) with the old man down at the range trying desperatly to flatten my swing out. Literally 3-4 nights a week for 6 or 7 weeks in freezing cold tempretures hitting around 80-100 balls a night. In addition to that I've changed my whole bag bar my driver and putter and FINALLY it seems to be paying off.

Im back to hitting mid 30's in stableford on Saturdays and shot an 84 about 4 or 5 weeks back which is one of my best rounds ever. My goal for this season is to get back to something respectable around 15-16, and Im hoping bandit will become my short term nickname whilst I am doing that :)

The last golf day I played in was at Owston Hall back in October and the weather was pretty rubbish, a cold drizzle that became a shower every now and again which was not nice to play in

If I remember right, I scored something like 31 points (playing off 18) and the winning score was only 34 points so I am hopeful that with a bit of golf between now and June I can at least look to be posting a respectable score

Should have 2 golf days in early May so that might give me an idea of where I am starting at

And my handicap aim this year is to get an official one and hopefully get to at least 15 so it looks like we may be aiming for similar goals Mav

Back