Taylormade rocketbladez or Callaway X-Hot Irons

gman05

Reaction score
Handicap
I am stuck in my decision about which irons to buy for the upcoming season. Any Ideas? Pros? Cons?

Thanks!

I just ordered the rocketbladez. After playing Mizuno irons since 1996, it took a good iron to make me change. I admit I did not hit the Callaway irons but I have never been a fan.
My recommendation is go hit them. Go to a store where you an be fitted and run thru that with each iron. I did that with a couple irons and ended up with the rocketbladez.

I can't speak to the Cally's but the Bladez are legitimately long, exceptionally forgiving on low and toe hits, and fly the ball high. They are superior GI clubs. If your miss is a heel shot or feel is a very important factor for you then you may want to look elsewhere. Otherwise I think you'll be hard pressed to do better than the Bladezin this class of club.

I can't speak to the Cally's but the Bladez are legitimately long, exceptionally forgiving on low and toe hits, and fly the ball high. They are superior GI clubs. If your miss is a heel shot or feel is a very important factor for you then you may want to look elsewhere. Otherwise I think you'll be hard pressed to do better than the Bladezin this class of club.

Couldn't have written that any better myself ;)

If you do look at the RocketBladez, check out BOTH the Tour and non Tour version, some prefer the tour others prefer the standard. Also worth having a look at shaft options as well. The KBS Tour 90 shaft is proving quite popular with the standard RocketBladez and I can vouch for them being some the easiest and best irons I have hit in my life.

I agree with what Tequila and Mav said, in addition as I have not spent much time with the Xhot all I can say about them is they are really slick looking, feel great in-hand, and seem to perform well on a simulator. The Rocketbladez, on the ohter hand, I am very familiar with as I was fortunate enough to be selected on THP as a tester. I came away impressed with ball flight, distance, consistency, dispersion, and most importantly forgiveness!

I encourage you to spend some QT with both sets, get some hard numbers and a fitting and go with your gut! there's also plenty - o - info on both of those sets here in the forums.
Good luck!!

The rocketbladez feel amazing, but the lofts are one club strong. But that can easily be adjusted by a good club fitter. And the callaway hot's are more forgiving than the rocketbladez. So if you want to work the ball go with TM and if you want more foregiveness go woth the Callaway's. Goodluck!

Save your money. Buy some R11s

I'm kinda of confused by this. Wouldn't 2 year old irons be cheaper?

That's what I mean. The R11 will be cheaper. Not save as in save up but save as in cheaper. The R11 to me are just as long as the bladez and with a better stock shaft.

The rocketbladez feel amazing, but the lofts are one club strong. But that can easily be adjusted by a good club fitter. And the callaway hot's are more forgiving than the rocketbladez. So if you want to work the ball go with TM and if you want more foregiveness go woth the Callaway's. Goodluck!
If true, the x hots are out of this world forgiving because I know how forgiving the Bladez are. Also, you wouldn't want to change their lofts. The launch angle off the clubs is traditional so they would fly too high if you got them bent.

I've hit both and I'd say go with the Rocketbladez. This was confirmed today at the Callaway demo day I went to. I'm just not a fan of Cally irons recently (except X Forged). I like the ball flight, forgiveness, and look at address of the RBladez much better.

You should definitely go hit both. I just got the RBZs as a birthday present after trying both sets. I loved how the XHot looked at setup but I thought they felt too harsh but they did perform. I don't believe you can really go wrong with either set my friend.

Jason

RocketBladez. I hit both before I purchased the bladez. I really like Callaway Irons and I wanted to buy the X-Hots...I just didn't find them as forgiving as the bladez and I didn't get the desired ball flight I like.

It just depends on what fits you, your swing, and your feel the best. If there is a good Pro Shop in your area, they will be glad to help you. I was lucky that the shop I deal with was very non bias and gave me several options when I told them what I wanted from an Iron. Went to the range and hit several different brands and the Rocketbladez out performed them all. I really wanted to buy some AP-1s but you know they just weren't for me.

Back