The Official Tiger Woods Thread

True there's a small sample so far this year, but it'll be interesting to see how the stat changes as more rounds are played this year. Right now you've got to wonder if he's really turned his game up enough to relax on Sundays, or if this is a trend continuing from last year ( think of all the tourneys he played himself into contention and fell off on the weekend).

I think if he dominates Bayhill he'll win the Masters or the US Open, the question is which swing will show up at Bayhill

I think if he dominates Bayhill he'll win the Masters or the US Open, the question is which swing will show up at Bayhill

I hate to be in this mindset, but to me he can dominate Bay Hill and it won't change my thoughts all that much. I mean he dominated it last year and then showed up at Augusta with his C game. I want to see the guy get to the back 9 of a major on Sunday and have a realistic chance. All that said, I do think he is going to have a big year and pick of at least 1 major.

I hate to be in this mindset, but to me he can dominate Bay Hill and it won't change my thoughts all that much. I mean he dominated it last year and then showed up at Augusta with his C game. I want to see the guy get to the back 9 of a major on Sunday and have a realistic chance. All that said, I do think he is going to have a big year and pick of at least 1 major.

Dominating there though shows comfort. Comfort is good heading into another course where there's comfort.

Dominating there though shows comfort. Comfort is good heading into another course where there's comfort.

you are right, but we saw that last year and it lead to practically nothing(going by TW standards). The guy didn't break par in 1 round at Augusta last year. So to me it doesn't mean a whole lot if he goes out and dominates next week at Bay Hill. Meanwhile the year before(2011) he was all over the place at Bay Hill and put himself in a position to win when he stepped on the 9th tee at Augusta on Sunday afternoon. So I'm not going to get overly joyous if he wins by 3-5 shots next week. Will he be the overwhelming favorite if that happens, god yes without a doubt and he should be.

you are right, but we saw that last year and it lead to practically nothing(going by TW standards). The guy didn't break par in 1 round at Augusta last year. So to me it doesn't mean a whole lot if he goes out and dominates next week at Bay Hill. Meanwhile the year before(2011) he was all over the place at Bay Hill and put himself in a position to win when he stepped on the 9th tee at Augusta on Sunday afternoon. So I'm not going to get overly joyous if he wins by 3-5 shots next week. Will he be the overwhelming favorite if that happens, god yes without a doubt and he should be.

I think a TW win at Bay Hill may have more of an effect on the rest of the field than Tiger himself. I'm guessing that if everyone sees he's got 3 wins before Augusta, the pressure to shoot a good score starts to mount. The other players are going to be thinking that TW is going to post a good score so they have to get off to a quick start. Pure speculation on my part, but based on the way some of the guys are starting to talk about him in interviews again, makes me think the awe factor is coming back.

Agreed.
I think a TW win at Bay Hill may have more of an effect on the rest of the field than Tiger himself. I'm guessing that if everyone sees he's got 3 wins before Augusta, the pressure to shoot a good score starts to mount. The other players are going to be thinking that TW is going to post a good score so they have to get off to a quick start. Pure speculation on my part, but based on the way some of the guys are starting to talk about him in interviews again, makes me think the awe factor is coming back.

I don't disagree with that. It would be interesting if he had a real early tee time on Thursday that week and posted say a 68 or 67.

I don't disagree with that. It would be interesting if he had a real early tee time on Thursday that week and posted say a 68 or 67.

It would certainly make things intersting.

I'd love to see it. Might be hard to tell, but I am a TW fan

I'm hoping for a saturday charge. We saw him jump out to good starts last year, I want to see him wreak havoc on the field saturday afternoon to get himself into the last group sunday.

I'm hoping for a saturday charge. We saw him jump out to good starts last year, I want to see him wreak havoc on the field saturday afternoon to get himself into the last group sunday.

Like I said before, I want to see him get to the back 9 and be a major part of the conversation.

I think if Tiger winds at bay hill the effect is going globe to restore that intimidation factor. When tiger was at his best if he was within a stroke or of the lead the pressure was always on the other players whether or not they were in the lead or tiger was. I think in his new form it will help him win in terms of creating an atmosphere of we have to beat tiger, the best player maybe ever. It worked before we if it works now.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

I agree, it's not by how much he wins at Bayhill but how he wins. If he has the look of the confident Tiger, they'd better look out at a couple majors this year. I found it interesting to see GMac go backwards a little last week when playing with him, we may be seeing the return to form.

I think the idea of tiger being comfortable at Augusta is a misnomer. he hasn't won there in 8 years, since the last round of "tiger proofing" the course.
Phil is more comfortable at this version of Augusta than Tiger is

I think the idea of tiger being comfortable at Augusta is a misnomer. he hasn't won there in 8 years, since the last round of "tiger proofing" the course.
Phil is more comfortable at this version of Augusta than Tiger is

I wouldn't disagree that Phil's comfortable there, but until last year, Tiger's not finished out of the top 5 since the last time he won it. That takes some familiarity for sure

I agree that there is some level of comfortability. 5 top 5's and another t6 in 7 years since he's won. idk, maybe i'm placing to much emphasis on the fact he hasn't won

So Tiger and Lindsay Vonn just made it official on FB. lol

"This season has been great so far and I'm happy with my wins at Torrey and Doral. Something nice that's happened off the course was meeting Lindsey Vonn. Lindsey and I have been friends for some time, but over the last few months we have become very close and are now dating. We thank you for your support and for respecting our privacy. We want to continue our relationship, privately, as an ordinary couple and continue to compete as athletes."

483772_10152697837675121_1656761137_n.jpg

I almost feel like there should be one last sentence. "Here, look at the swoosh."

I almost feel like there should be one last sentence. "Here, look at the swoosh."

I kinda laughed out loud to myself and now a co worker is looking at me all weird lol

Tapa Slice

Don't marry this one, tw!

Good for him. It's been 2 years since his divorce. He's obviously done well putting is golf game back together. Might as well start workin on that pimp game

Tapa Slice

Don't marry this one, tw!

I don't think he can afford to marry another one. $750 mil is a lot to recover from

Tapa Slice

So Tiger and Lindsay Vonn just made it official on FB. lol

I know I have been looking forward to this fantastic news! Wasn't sure I could have made it through another week!

I think if Tiger winds at bay hill the effect is going globe to restore that intimidation factor. When tiger was at his best if he was within a stroke or of the lead the pressure was always on the other players whether or not they were in the lead or tiger was. I think in his new form it will help him win in terms of creating an atmosphere of we have to beat tiger, the best player maybe ever. It worked before we if it works now.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

^^Couldn't have said it any better myself...also, he LOVES the pressure - it adds fuel to the fire and performs IMO better when the pressure is on.

Back