The Official THP Biggest Loser Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this will be permitted, but I want to throw a $25 gift card into the mix for the winner. While I'm not participating, I appreciate so many people committing themselves to better health for themselves and their families.

Not sure if this will be permitted, but I want to throw a $25 gift card into the mix for the winner. While I'm not participating, I appreciate so many people committing themselves to better health for themselves and their families.

Really appreciate the gesture DDXU, at this time THP has said this is something that cannot be offered due to potential health reasons for those involved. Hopefully like you said, the people that are in it will push ahead for the prize of the better health for themselves and families.

Day 2 begins today and we have our dinner planned out. Tonight is slow cooker chicken sliders. Got it from FoodNetwork I believe as one of their healthy dinner options.

Really appreciate the gesture DDXU, at this time THP has said this is something that cannot be offered due to potential health reasons for those involved. Hopefully like you said, the people that are in it will push ahead for the prize of the better health for themselves and families.

Understandable MD, thanks for the explanation.

Just downed a big homemade fruit smoothie with frozen bananas strawberries raspberries and some orange juice. 300 calories and an energy boost. Tough to best

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Woke up today feeling great, except for the fact that every muscle in my body hurts, I was way more out of shape then I thought. After 1 day of working out EVERYTHING hurts haha. I am not letting it stop me though, I am going to do a light yoga DVD today, something that is more for stretching then strength training so help with the muscle soreness, plus I plan to drink tons of water.

I also made my overnight oats lat night so I will enjoy those this morning after I finish my workout.

I'm pondering the P90X. It's a very light ponder

That workout kicked my butt and I tried it when I was in shape.

This is what I'm worried about. I'm not in good shape right now and quite honestly I feel like I have some heart issues that should probably be looked at. I probably need to work up to the P90X

I'm pondering the P90X. It's a very light ponder

It's serious dude. I was already in decent shape when I did it and it worked. I got ripped....but lots of hard work. Worth it if you have the dedication.

This is what I'm worried about. I'm not in good shape right now and quite honestly I feel like I have some heart issues that should probably be looked at. I probably need to work up to the P90X

Use them as a guideline. When you feel like it's too much, stop. Modify the workouts. If there is something you cant do, jog in place until the next exercise. There are plenty of other good ones out there too. The Biggest Loser workouts are good. They are pretty low impact but give you a good workout.

Use them as a guideline. When you feel like it's too much, stop. Modify the workouts. If there is something you cant do, jog in place until the next exercise. There are plenty of other good ones out there too. The Biggest Loser workouts are good. They are pretty low impact but give you a good workout.
Exactly my thoughts. I know a couple people who used the biggest loser workouts to get in shape for P90X and Insanity.

Exactly my thoughts. I know a couple people who used the biggest loser workouts to get in shape for P90X and Insanity.

This is kind of my plan, I am doing a lot of Jillian Michael's DVD's, I really like them and I am using that to work up to Insanity, that fit test scared me. Plus Insanity requires working out 6 days a week and I am not sure I am up for that. I didn't work out 6 days a week when I was in the best shape of my life, weekends for for partying studying. :alien:

I'm thinking hard about starting Insanity soon. I have no life on the weekends other than golf, so the 6 days a week wouldn't bother me at all. I've always been afraid of some of these workouts messing with my golf swing, though.

I'm thinking hard about starting Insanity soon. I have no life on the weekends other than golf, so the 6 days a week wouldn't bother me at all. I've always been afraid of some of these workouts messing with my golf swing, though.

Its not that bad man, if I can get through it, anyone can. First month they take about 30-35 minutes, the 2nd month closer to 50+

So, what's everyone's goal? If you don't feel comfortable, just say how many you want to lose. I want to get down to 115 lbs, but If I stay the same and lose fat and add muscle that would be even better. Want to start hitting some bombs this year :) Good luck!

Right now I'm at 217 lb. Funny how I can put the weight on & not really look at myself in the mirror as it's happening and be totally oblivious to how I look & feel. And then "suddenly" (lol) I can't fit into any of my clothes anymore.

Here are my goals:

1) Not embarrass myself when I take my shirt off. I hope to avoid people averting their eyes and being a public nuisance at the swimming pool.

2) I will be very satisfied if I can get down below 190 by the end of June - SO LET'S SAY "LOSE 30 lb" but...

3) At my fittest, I weighed around 180 lb. That is my stated goal, but I want to do this safely and lose the fat while building muscle, so the real goal is to be at 10-12% body fat.

4) Actually, the real goal is for me to be healthy enough to keep up with my kids, and to serve as a role model and an inspiration for them and my wife regarding living a healthy lifestyle. Too many times, adults in charge of kids (coaches, teachers, etc.) say one thing but model another value. As an example, my son's basketball coach this year was morbidly obese (I'd guess 150 lb overweight). He was a very nice guy, and a decent coach, but the kids just didn't respect him, because he was pushing them to run as hard as they could, and to give 100% effort, but he had trouble getting out of his chair. Now, I think he had health isses that contributed to this, but I know my own kids are not going to eat healthy & make exercise a priority if I'm getting fatter every year.

I will just say based on my weight I have gained 55 pounds or so since college started. That is incredibly horrible. My ending goal is 75 pounds. Not obviously by the end of the 90 days.. This is probably a year or so down the road, but I feel more motivated now then I ever have

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I will just say based on my weight I have gained 55 pounds or so since college started. That is incredibly horrible. My ending goal is 75 pounds. Not obviously by the end of the 90 days.. This is probably a year or so down the road, but I feel more motivated now then I ever have

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I feel you man, my playing weight in college was 215-220, now I'm 265.....so basically 10 pounds a year.....time to do something about that!!!

I feel you man, my playing weight in college was 215-220, now I'm 265.....so basically 10 pounds a year.....time to do something about that!!!

I am in a very similar spot. Came into college about 215 and in great shape. Then tore my rotator cuff and baseball was over... and so was working out, and eating healthy, and not drinking as much... Downward spiral haha

OK so how the heck do you add peoples Id's in the fitness app? All I see is add by email, contacts, and Facebook. Westtex of course is my ID.

I plan on starting insanity next week. I'm eating healthy this week, and actually just got home for a procedure to help my back. So if I still feel good I'm going to start really working my core and cardio.

I'm not sure why I feel motivated to share this, but in the interest of full disclosure, here we go.

I probably haven't been under 200 pounds since I was in middle school.

I'm 6'2", and remember back once upon a time when I was in college and able to run 5 miles in combat boots. Even then I was still 210 pounds with a 36 inch waist.

After that, years of a sedentary lifestyle behind a computer screen took its toll. I lived alone, ate fast food, and sat around watching TV and playing computer games. Loneliness and depression took their toll, and I reached a shameful 325 pounds and 46" waistline.

Then I met my future (and soon ex) wife, and once we got got engaged we decided together that we wanted to look better for our wedding. She had in the past been very prone to fast fix/instant gratification gimmicks like HCG, etc. I am not, I wanted to make a healthy change. With that input we decided to try South Beach, and both loved it. We both saw great results, loved the food, and even without much exercise, in a little less than a year I dropped 80 pounds to get back to 240. I felt great about myself.

Once the motivation of looking good for the wedding pictures subsided, reality kicked back in. "Hey, we haven't had hot wings in a while, surely once won't hurt" became weekly routine, and the downhill slide began. Then came the marital trouble and comfort eating. Sometimes it was even revenge eating - as in "How dare you give me dirty looks for ordering a cheeseburger instead of salad, watch this".

When she left, the loneliness and depression eating kicked back in. Fast food choices were easier than cooking. Jimmy John and Papa John know how to deliver, and I didn't even have to pick up the phone! Hours on the couch feeling sorry myself led to days on the couch feeling sorry for myself.

Seeing my current appearance in the pictures from Dallas was horrible for me. Just plain shameful. But it was the kick in the pants that I needed.

My initial weigh-in for this challenge was 313 pounds. There are times when I have trouble catching my breath after tying my shoes.

My sights are set on an initial goal of 220 pounds. That's a weight I haven't seen since college, and I realize that it's not a 90 day goal. When I reach that goal weight (when, not if), I will reassess and see if it will be possible to go below 200 for the first time in 20+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back