Best balls for a 10 handicap?

scottyg14

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been paying golf alot lately and I have been switching off between a variety of balls. They include: Penta tp3, Srixon q-star, nxt tour s, and bridgestone e5. I am wondering if I need to play a more of a "tour" ball. I don't want to use a high grade ball and not be able to control spin of shot movement though, any ideas??

E5. You already play it, it is my favorite ball for the price.

E5. You already play it, it is my favorite ball for the price.

Thanks for the feedback. I have a question, on your bag list how do you get your logos for your clubs to show up like that? I cant seem to figure it out thanks

I have been paying golf alot lately and I have been switching off between a variety of balls. They include: Penta tp3, Srixon q-star, nxt tour s, and bridgestone e5. I am wondering if I need to play a more of a "tour" ball. I don't want to use a high grade ball and not be able to control spin of shot movement though, any ideas??

What's your swing speed like Scotty?

Bridgestone RX series and The Srixon Z-Star are great options for sub 100mph (driver average) swings IMO.

What's your swing speed like Scotty?

Bridgestone RX series and The Srixon Z-Star are great options for sub 100mph (driver average) swings IMO.

My swing speed on the monitor was on average 102 with my driver

play what you like test a few and see what works for you

My swing speed on the monitor was on average 102 with my driver

That seems solid IMO. The 2013 Q-Stars and the Z-Stars both seem to suggest sub 105 I believe, which should be nearly perfect for you without succumbing to limited compression or spin. There's also the B330 RX-S that loads up on spin.

Actually, the DT Titleist Solo is a great ball and the Wilson Duo is great as well. Like others have said, you need to get a few sleeves and see how they react vs what you're looking for. I look for driver feel/distance and putter feel/consistency. Everything in between will follow...

thanks for the feedback!

I've tried quite a few different balls in the last 12 months with varying results. e6, q-star, RX, TP5, RXS. I've only recently switched to the Pro V1 and absolutely love it. Gained a bit of distance from my drives and the green-side spin in exceptional. I never thought I'd be able to play them but a buddy of mine gave me a few to try and now i'm sold on them. Feels amazing off the putter as well.

Scottyg, there is a new Callaway ball coming out in 3/4 weeks that you just might like. Chrome +. You really need to get a sleeve of these and give them a try also. But just like everyone has said, go get a few different balls and play around with them on the putting/chipping green. When you find a few you like, take them out on the course and give them a test. There are quite a few good offerings out there, but you won't know what is best for you until you put some swings and putts on them.

Bridgestone RX, RXS
Srixon Z Star, Q Star
Callaway Chrome
Nike Vapor (Replaced with One RZN?)

Each company has something in their lineup that could suit you, but those are just some that I have always liked for your SS and handicap.

Well , i have tried the new qstars, 20xi-x's, b330's, lethals, u/6. and after using a box completely before i made up my mind. I'm stuck on the new prov1-x, i love the greenside spin with these, the feel is really good all around, and i like the sound with them with my putter.

Click the Bridgestone link at the top of the page and do the B-fit online tool. It's a good start. Just try a bunch out find what you like.

Try wilson staff c:25 you might be surprised in a good way. I have been playing over 1 season and I am not switching anytime soon.
Not spinning like pro v1 or penta.. but short iron full shot balls lands and stops. on chipping balls checks then rolls exactly the distance I expect. on putting, rolls properly. And with a driver it holds well against the wind and same or more carry distance than pro v1 or penta

I have gamed the Prov1X for years...always tried new ones to see the offerings but always found myself going back to the V1X...however, I have tried the Tmade Lethals recently and I am pretty sure these will become my "go-to" ball soon...definitely try them out.

I have recently changed to callaways chrome ball from the b330 rx, and I'm liking what it's doing.

Maybe something in the Bridgestone B330 series? I play the RX and am very happy with it! Have you done a ball fitting? They're usually free...

Personally, I think there's probably a dozen different balls you could play and not know the difference. With that said, it's always nice to pick a ball and develop confidence in it. Balls from Bridgestone, Srixon, Titleist, Wilson or Callaway could all fit the bill.

When I want the extra distance or its soft greens I use: Callaway Hex Chrome

Or

Pro V1 is what I play usually; It's the best ball you can get with no side spin what so ever(imo). Just 7 yards shorter on all my clubs 7 iron and under..

thanks guys i am really sold on the penta TP3. It feels good and goes far but also provides me with the perfect spin around the greens. and the pricetag doesnt burn a hole in my pocket either!

Check around for a Bridgestone golf ball fitting in your area, I found one this weekend and I was blown away with their fitting system. They got me squared away and gave me the best ball for my game based on my own swing and numbers,

It was a great experience and I suggest it. The experts at Bridgestone golf will get you squared away.

Sent from my iPhone 5, using Tapatalk 2

I'll give a nod to the Bridgestone 330 line too. I play the 330-RX and it works well for me.

I'd suggest trying the TaylorMade Lethal as well. Sounds like you enjoy a ball that spins a little and that one delivers.

Whichever you try and like, I do suggest settling on one ball and using it all the time. I'm a firm believer that playing one ball and really knowing how that ball reacts with different shots will help you score lower.

I have recently tried the Callaway tour iz and i love it! It is a little hard but gives me great results and durability. I am sticking with this because theyre on sale for $30 a dozen!

Back