Do you like playing with better golfers?

I will play with anyone but I do enjoy playing with better players. I am always amazed at the difference between the sound of me hitting a ball verses a better player hitting a ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't care who I play with so longs as they are good people to be around.
As for better players? It sucks when/if I may happen to have a total blow-up type of round but what can ya do.
As long as they don't have an attitude. That would be the only thing I don't like. The other thing would be a better player who is not only very slow but then acts as though I am the slow one because Im having a bad day but never understanding I've played even worse and still finished much faster than this and has no clue at all he is the snail. But that's rare and as long as my company is courteous, fun, and friendly and not in slow motion you could be a tour pro or a 30 capper. I don't care.

I do since im bad i tend to always play with good golfers. As long as its a good person im good to go

I like playing with better golfers, I feel it helps my game when I play with them.

I'm always playing with better golfers and it's knowledge that is given freely. Doesn't matter what their number is as long as it's about the enjoyment and being out there.

I enjoy playing with better/more accomplished golfers just to see how they approach each shot and what their approach to course management is. I am always interested in learning more about this game.

I definitely enjoy playing with better players. For one, it's fun seeing some of the shots they pull off. It also gives me something to learn from and work towards.

I improved the most as a golfer due to playing with those who were better than me. As my game got better I could tell people didn't want to play with me as much since they thought they were going to hold me back from playing well. I never understood that. It's something that I hear from time to time even now, and I'm no where near scratch where I was a decade ago.

I have the same take as Canadan. If I'm playing with someone who's better than me, that's awesome, just don't be a prick about it and we'll all have fun. This is a great game that really equalizes all who play it, and that's one of my favorite parts about golf. When someone starts trying to make it into a d!ck measuring contest on the golf course, I'm out.

I enjoy playing with better players. Like other have said you can learn a lot about how to approach the game from them. I think it only helps my own game.

I like playing with guys who play to pace, know what they are doing and are enjoyable to be around. Outside of that their handicap is irrelevant.

I do enjoy playing with better golfers as long as they're not slow or a d*#k. I enjoy seeing how they approach certain things. The short game they have is also incredible to watch and learn from.

I really enjoy playing with better golfers. Most of my friends that I play with are better than me. A few years ago when I was playing to a 15+, those friends were a LOT better than me. Hard work and them pushing me got me to where I am now. I tend to elevate my game when playing with better players, not sure what it is but my competitive side comes out and I elevate my game.

Yes. You play to who you're playing with, so better players will help a higher handicapper playing in the group.

Doesn't bother me at all. I enjoy it and try to pick their brains.

I do, keeps me on my toes the entire round!

I do. I think it's part of the self-improvement process for the reasons so many others have already stated here.

Yes with a caveat. I have met some low handicap players who were complete dicks to people that were not as good (nobody here obviously). Also they were the kind that wanted to fix everyone's swing. So if I join someone I don't know and find out they are a really good player, I am on my guard for a while to feel their personality out.

Better than me, worse than me, doesn't matter. I figure we all started somewhere, so the guy (or gal) who's better than me was once where I am.

For the golfer who is worse than me, I try to be upbeat and supportive so that he isn't uncomfortable. I say that more in the past when I actually played a lot better than I do now - my current game wouldn't intimidate anyone. :surrender:

I love playing with better golfers.

Heck I love playing with worse golfers. As long as people (good or bad golfers) keep up the pace, I'll play with them.

I play skins every weekend which we do with ABCD handicaps, so I'm always playing with someone much better than me and someone not as good. I'm always inspired by the better player it seems. My brother is near scratch as well as my brother in law and I always seem to play well with them.

Love playing with them. I know I'm not close to that level, and they know it too, so I like watching them approach different shots and seeing how they go about the course.

Yes. There is a lot to learn from better golfers.

Every chance I get, I put myself up against players that are better. I can hang or the most part but seem to always make a mistake or two a side that separates us at the end of the day.
Yep this is me as well. I enjoy the competition but also watching how they go about their business and where they pick up shots on the course vs. what I do.

I think it's always great to play with someone who is a better golfer. I like to study what they do and how what makes them successful. I like to see what things they do and see if I can incorporate some of those things into my game.

I do enjoy playing with better golfers because it gives me a little extra kick in the rear to try to score better than them. I can do it quite often since I learned a few years ago to just play my game and not try to keep up with young, good golfers distance-wise.

Back