NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when Ottawa fans start a fire coach campaign!!!

But the best part is they haven't changed the team that was playing well. Only added to it.

I think Shero pulled some highway robbery on Calgary for this one.

I don't think it's robbery. 35 years old rental with no term remaining on his contract. The Bruins deal was better but couldn't be made until Iggy gave the green light and he obviously wanted Crosby.

I don't think it's robbery. 35 years old rental with no term remaining on his contract. The Bruins deal was better but couldn't be made until Iggy gave the green light and he obviously wanted Crosby.

Allegedly the 1st round pick was important too. The Bruins pick was conditional on Iggy signing with them. the Pens is unconditional. Not that it matters. Either teams pick is like a 2nd round pick.

Feaster's hands were tied every so slowly starting at the beginning of last year. He could have made that deal a year ago and banked.

Feaster is a good GM I like how he looks for talent. Feaster has wanted to make this trade since he got full control of the team a little over a year ago. Ken King and Flames ownership wouldn't let it happen along with the no trade Iggy wouldn't wave it. This is the only time the trade could happen if you waited teams would lose a little interest and the deal would become a conditional first rounder.

Do you need to have the player hold a press conference on a trade?

Last edited:
Wow, so deal was basically done with Boston and when the Pitts deal came up late last night, Iggy pulled out and requested the trade to Pitts instead.

Wow, so deal was basically done with Boston and when the Pitts deal came up late last night, Iggy pulled out and requested the trade to Pitts instead.

Sounds like Chiarelli figured out something wasn't right when he wanted to speak with Iginla and Jarome wouldn't talk to him last night.

Feaster is a good GM I like how he looks for talent. Feaster has wanted to make this trade since he got full control of the team a little over a year ago. Ken King and Flames ownership wouldn't let it happen along with the no trade Iggy wouldn't wave it. This is the only time the trade could happen if you waited teams would lose a little interest and the deal would become a conditional first rounder.

Do you need to have the player hold a press conference on a trade?

I assume you're a Flames fan considering your location and defending of Feaster, but outside your fan base, I see basically no one supporting his decision making.

What's that team got to look forward to? Who's an up and comer? Do they have anything to show for years of mediocrity?

This just in:

Penguins acquire Jesus of Nazareth and Superman in exchange for Aquaman's jock strap.

I assume you're a Flames fan considering your location and defending of Feaster, but outside your fan base, I see basically no one supporting his decision making.

What's that team got to look forward to? Who's an up and comer? Do they have anything to show for years of mediocrity?

Surprisingly I'm not much of a Flames fan. When Feaster took over just over a year ago he had nothing to work with Sutter traded away draft pics and had too many no trade contracts. This team has been in a rebuild mind set since Sutter left because he is trying to make chicken soup out of chicken poop. The cupboards are bare for youth with the exception of Barschi (however you spell it) what I like is that he looks everywhere for players. This team needs a complete attitude and culture change ownership and others on the team and fans are still holding on to 2004 Feaster is trying to look 2 to 5 years down the road I like his approach and direction. People have forgotten he moved Reghyr and Kotalik in one move the teams previous GMs couldn't and wouldn't have tried that. Again Iggy is a 35 year old rental who held all the cards on the teams and what trades could have been possible the guaranteed first rounder was crucial as they don't have a second rounder this year. Best of a worst case.

This Penguins team is scary good.

This Penguins team is scary good.

Dude, Dupuis and Kunitz at 17 and 19 goals is crazy... They probably just wait for Crosby to deal them the puck and slam it into an empty net haha!

Kunitz firing at 25% this year is also insane.

Dude, Dupuis and Kunitz at 17 and 19 goals is crazy... They probably just wait for Crosby to deal them the puck and slam it into an empty net haha!

Kunitz firing at 25% this year is also insane.
Crosby definitely seems to be dishing the puck more this season than in seasons past. These guys just happen to be benefiting.

Crosby definitely seems to be dishing the puck more this season than in seasons past. These guys just happen to be benefiting.

54 points in 34 games is disgusting. Just disgusting. Crosby is so good.

54 points in 34 games is disgusting. Just disgusting. Crosby is so good.
Might be the best there ever will be.

At least statistically by the end of his career.

Penguins just killed a full 2 minutes of 5-on-3. They do more than score goals!

Might be the best there ever will be.

At least statistically by the end of his career.

I can't agree with this statement Crosby is good but won't touch Gretzkys numbers doubt anyone will in the near future.

I can't agree with this statement Crosby is good but won't touch Gretzkys numbers doubt anyone will in the near future.
You're probably correct. But I also don't think the level of talent we see today existed in Wayne's day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back