Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
16th hole is a drivable par 4 with a narrow fairway and water everywhere. I was in the middle of a great 9 so I was squeezing the clubs a little trying not to screw it up. Blistered my drive about 10 yards short of the green and off to the right leaving 2 large bunkers between me and the green and I had a brutal lie in the rough. The entire green slopes away quite severely towards water on the far side so a delicate shot is required.
Needless to say I botched in and I hit it too short plugging my ball 18" from the lip of the 2nd bunker...uh oh. I could see my round slipping away so I did what any normal golfer would do and went for it anyway. Opened the face as open as it can go on my 60* and focused intently on my stroke.
The ball somehow popped out, cleared the lip of the bunker by what must have been a hair, landed beyond the hole on the severe downslope and spun back up the hill 2'. First time for everything I guess. I sunk the putt to save par...YES!

16th hole is a drivable par 4 with a narrow fairway and water everywhere. I was in the middle of a great 9 so I was squeezing the clubs a little trying not to screw it up. Blistered my drive about 10 yards short of the green and off to the right leaving 2 large bunkers between me and the green and I had a brutal lie in the rough. The entire green slopes away quite severely towards water on the far side so a delicate shot is required.
Needless to say I botched in and I hit it too short plugging my ball 18" from the lip of the 2nd bunker...uh oh. I could see my round slipping away so I did what any normal golfer would do and went for it anyway. Opened the face as open as it can go on my 60* and focused intently on my stroke.
The ball somehow popped out, cleared the lip of the bunker by what must have been a hair, landed beyond the hole on the severe downslope and spun back up the hill 2'. First time for everything I guess. I sunk the putt to save par...YES!

Great Shot ArmyGolf - don't you just wish you could bottle up that concentration when you hit shots like that and use it for all your shots. Must have been a real buzz to hit such a great shot and have it back uo on a down slope - love it!!

Great Shot ArmyGolf - don't you just wish you could bottle up that concentration when you hit shots like that and use it for all your shots. Must have been a real buzz to hit such a great shot and have it back uo on a down slope - love it!!
Yeah it was a rush! Gave me some momentum and I hit a great tee shot to the island green 17th and birdied 18. Cant wait for my next bunker shot now haha.

I had my first eagle in a while this afternoon when I played. It was ridiculously windy and this par 5 was playing downwind. I hit a driver to about 155 out and had a nine iron in. I stuck the 9-iron to about 18 inches and had a kick in eagle. It felt pretty good and it capped off a solid front nine for me considering the weather conditions.

It's always nice to be able to go driver, 9-iron into a par 5. I don't get that too often. And it was with the Callaway Hex Chrome+ that we got at the TX invitational!

I bombed a drive on a straight par 5, and was left with 189 to the pin over water (wind was behind me). Pulled a 5 iron (this is a usual distance for my 3 hybrid or 4 iron) and I hit a high draw that landed just short of the pin and rolled 15 feet past. Missed the eagle putt.

Second shot on the par 5 18th at Seminole Golf Course yesterday. The GPS in the cart was off all day, had all the pin locations in the wrong places. Even after knowing that information, I still used it to grab the 5i for my second shot that showed 199 left to the flag from the left side about twenty feet off the fairway. I absolutely pured the shot and the ball was seeking the pin the whole way. Flew right over the flag and just ran off the back/right side of the green. Had the flag been where the GPS showed it, I would have had about ten feet left for a chip in eagle attempt. While the result wasn't what it should have been, the swing, contact, ball flight and landing was one of the best shots I've ever made. Ended up chipping to about four feet and then had my sixth lip out of the day for a tap in par. After the struggles I've had the past couple months, making that kind of shot, having a short birdie putt and ending the day with a par was a nice feeling. Slowly starting to get it back together.

195 out, a bunch of trees guarding the green. Only about a 10 yard gap between the edge of the green and the end of the trees. 5 iron. Play it forward to hit it high to clear the trees. Smoke it. Perfect. I thought i was long, there's no way i couldve dropped 80 feet from clearing the trees in ten yards distance to hit the pin. I walk up to the green, ball mark in the rough before the green, and ball 5 feet short of pin. Not sure how it happened, but damn did i hit that well. Best 5i ive ever hit.

I pulled my tee shot and bit off a bit too much of #3 on my home course. It's a sharp dogleg left but you can hit it over the trees. My tee shot cleared the majority of the trouble but I had one small, leafless tree about 15 yards in front of me right right in my line to the green which was about 135 yards up a slight hill. I had to aim about 5 yards right of the green and hit a low hook to stay under the branches of the tree in front of me. If I hit it straight or right I'm likely OB. But I managed to hit a low 3/4 swing 7 iron that hooked about 20 yards left and checked up on the green about 25 feet from the pin and salvaged a par.

After hitting driver OB left, I am 170 out in a mess of trees. Pulled the Alt 4H hoping to play a low draw but instead the ball wanted to get airborne quickly. It found a spot to get through, carried to front of green and left me 12 feet for par. Made the putt.

Played an entire round with not a single birdie. Struggled with my putting all day. Missed two for birdie from about 5 feet. Got to 18 and 3rd shot was maybe a foot off the green. I am pretty good at chipping but it was all down hill and water off the opposite side of the green. So I decided to get out the flat stick. The putt was about 25 feet with about 8 feet break from right to left. Get over the ball, little prayer to the golf gods and drained it for birdie. They say that there is always one shot a round that makes you come back. That was it. Left the course with a huge smile and a little bounce in my step. Love those moments.

While playing the 320yd par 4 #8 at Southern Hills Golf Club, I hit a terrible 3 iron of the tee about 100yds in the left rough. I had an uphill lie with the ball above my feet and water in front of the green and I could only see the very top of the flag. I choose a 4 iron and hit the best shot of the day like a rocket to the green to about 6'. I missed the birdie putt but was still pumped about the 4 iron.

48 yard pitch shot. Over a hill, caught the downward slope and broke to the right.............nothing but the bottom of the cup.

ripped my 3 hybo 230. pasted it.. buttery smooth. it was nice.

Managed to push a 5W tee shot right into some trees on a hole that was a dog leg left...typical
Got to the ball and found I had a shot through the trees but restricted view only to about 20yds left of the green so took my 4i and managed to hit a nice fade that ended up just short of the front of the green, which on a dry day would probably have ran on to the green
Made a mess of the chip and 2 putted for a bogey, but I was happy with the fade as I normally struggle to hit one so I was half expecting to end up in the bunker that was along the left side of the green

18th hole at my course is a par 3. Was playing 160 today with a 10-15 mph left to right wind. Took out a 7 iron and hit an nice easy little draw into the wind. Kept the ball right on line and put it 3 feet from the pin. Made the birdie putt. Great way to end the round. Here's a pic of my shot, my ball is the one closer to the pin:

20130329_143658_zps7805f7c2.jpg

Par 5. Pulled my second shot into the left rough behind a tree. Had 165 left and had to draw it around the tree. Lined it up to the right and played a nice draw to about 12 feet. Of course I missed the putt.

It would have to be 30-footer I rolled in from off the green to cap off my round with a birdie.

A 50+(20paces) footer for par on my first round of the yr.

Par 5, second shot 225 to the pin up front. Group in front walking off green. 3 hyb COBRA baff with little draw to center of green to back. Down hill putt wasted opportunitiy made par. Group in front gave a little cheer. :banghead:

Short par 4 18th hole today, hit a 260 yard drive that left me with about 40 yards to the pin. Little pitch shot with my 52 was on a perfect line, hit and bounced once on the green, hit the pin and dropped a foot from the hole for a tap-in birdie, which was a first for me :)

Par 3 - 164 yards uphill to a back pin and the entire green is well protected by bunkers.

Wind was in our face so I selected a 6i and was going to ease a nice high draw into the hole...well it worked. I hit the exact shot I was looking for and then we lost the ball in the sun so I had no idea where it ended up. As we walked up to the green we saw that it was sitting about 6' from the hole and the ball mark was (gasp) on lip of the cup...closest I've ever been to an ace.

Par 3 - 164 yards uphill to a back pin and the entire green is well protected by bunkers.

Wind was in our face so I selected a 6i and was going to ease a nice high draw into the hole...well it worked. I hit the exact shot I was looking for and then we lost the ball in the sun so I had no idea where it ended up. As we walked up to the green we saw that it was sitting about 6' from the hole and the ball mark was (gasp) on lip of the cup...closest I've ever been to an ace.

Great shot! Similar hole at my course - playing 165 today with fierce wind across and hurting. I took 5 iron and hit a fade - 7/8 feet away. (Missed the putt!) Best shot of the day for me was a chip in for a par on stroke index 2. My wedge was a little fat, leaving me 5 feet off the green - with a 30 foot, quick chip. Bang. Hits the pin. Very lucky! had it missed the pin, it might have been 15 feet past.

Monkey = off back.

39/40
9/14 FIR
6 GIR
29 putts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back