Odyssey Versa Putter Preview

The more and more I see these on tour I think I'd game the WBW version to get a nice contrast and use the black line for my alignment!

Picked up a Versa #1 wide in BWB. Wanted to like the #7 but I have always putted with a blade type putter and the 1 wide was very easy to line up. I have not bought a new putter in over 12 years, so I was impressed with the putter. I will keep the beat up old Teardrop TD41 around the house just in case, but I hope this one stays in the bag for another decade.

Excellent choice. I tried that one today, never saw the Versa before. I was very impressed how soft it felt and it rolled nice. I normally play at 35inch, it felt longer than that to me. I did a A/B with a Scotty Notchback, gotta tell ya hard to pick which one I like more...the scales are leaning to the Versa!

I must say was not a fan at first glance but in EW today and was rolling a versa blade. Really loved the feel and the look kept growing on me.

Just ordered my #7 BWB this week and cannot wait to get it. Will slap a stitchback and some lead tape on it and it will be ready to game. From first looks the putter really sets up great and I prefer the smaller head size.

I gave the GoLo a break and gamed the bwb #7. This putter is unbelievable for me at least. I love the weighting and alignment with the dots. I now see why the #7 is so popular with Luke Donald and Poulter. I think I am going to be gaming this one for awhile.

Picked up the #7 WBW yesterday. Threw a SS on it and rolled the ball as well as I have in a LOOONG time today. I am sold on this contrast as an alignment aid. Love the way the #7 is balanced

As is usually the case I can't get exactly what I want! I like the versa #1 but I want a line on the topline. I'm going to golfsmith tonight and I'm going to roll them all and walk out of there with a putter. I might just take the leap and get rid of the sightline and stick with the #1.

Picked up the #7 WBW yesterday. Threw a SS on it and rolled the ball as well as I have in a LOOONG time today. I am sold on this contrast as an alignment aid. Love the way the #7 is balanced
That sounds like a great combo right there, I love that WBW look on the #7 fang head!

I messed around with a few of these the other day. As much as I love the #9 style, the toe hang doesn't work for me. I really liked the #7 90* though. For some reason I didn't like the regular WBW or BWB ones, but the 90 with black in the middle worked for me

Itd be a Versa 90 for me, easy choice

I wonder how many Callaway staffers will end up with these in the bag???

I wonder how many Callaway staffers will end up with these in the bag???

Given that JB just sent the details for our putter ordering, there will definitely be one in my bag. Pretty sure it's going to be a #1 Wide BWB.

Given that JB just sent the details for our putter ordering, there will definitely be one in my bag. Pretty sure it's going to be a #1 Wide BWB.

That'll be one good lookin putter!

Siri speaks for me!

I picked up the Versa 90 #7 last week and love it. Great putter.

Just rolled the number 7 and 2....liked both and they are totally different putters.

The Versas have really grown on me, but I would need a #2 or #7 either being center shafted to really go from like to Hawk-pondering

I am really enjoying my #7 these days. I've gotten over the hump of not having a CS putter anymore and I've really been rolling this one well. My feel for distance has improved with this putter/insert and I'm enjoying all the help in aligning my putts correctly. My last 2 rounds have been 80 and 81 so I'm very close to getting back to shooting in the 70s which was my main goal for this year.

Custom Master's edition (Via Callaway Facebook)

66894_10152705455985640_397216903_n.png

I would game that without a second thought.

I would too. Though I wouldn't mind having two. Wouldn't mind casing one up for display either.

It's definitely cool but the entire point of Black and White is the contrast isn't it? Although that is a pretty dark green so perhaps that would work. I certainly wouldn't turn it down.

I am not a fan of the head shape but I do like the paint fill.

Just ordered my #7 BWB this week and cannot wait to get it. Will slap a stitchback and some lead tape on it and it will be ready to game. From first looks the putter really sets up great and I prefer the smaller head size.

This is the one (#7 BWB) I have and it's a sweet putter. I need to get the slim stroke 2.0 Black/White grip installed and it will be hawt :bomb: For the first time in a few years, I have multiple putters (4) to swap around, when one goes south :D

This is the one (#7 BWB) I have and it's a sweet putter. I need to get the slim stroke 2.0 Black/White grip installed and it will be hawt :bomb: For the first time in a few years, I have multiple putters (4) to swap around, when one goes south :D

I've learned that the putter itself doesn't change so when something goes south, it's usually the putterer, not the putter. :)

Back