Status
Not open for further replies.
I just use irons.

Ogfd.jpg

People I've talked to think I'm crazy that I want a hunting rifle that has iron sights (ultra hard to find btw!) instead of a scope.
And then i read things like this: (NSFW language) http://www.badassoftheweek.com/hayha.html

Remington BDL or CDL come with ion sights and are gorgeous.

Or the 7400, and 750

Just clicked the link, Simo was awesome, when the Russian army blows up a forest to try and kill you, you know you are a Badass.

I love shooting open sights.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Remington BDL or CDL come with ion sights and are gorgeous.

Or the 7400, and 750

Just clicked the link, Simo was awesome, when the Russian army blows up a forest to try and kill you, you know you are a Badass.

I love shooting open sights.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I adore the looks of a R700BDL with irons, but I want a mauser style action and a shorter barrel so they don't really fit my initial bill sadly.

I adore the looks of a R700BDL with irons, but I want a mauser style action and a shorter barrel so they don't really fit my initial bill sadly.

That means, Ruger or Weatherby, at least in America. I think your in the UK?

Oh Winchester to, their new rifles are nice as well. I don't know if the featherweight has iron sights or not.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

should have my first 1911, either today or no later than tomorrow.

That means, Ruger or Weatherby, at least in America. I think your in the UK?

Oh Winchester to, their new rifles are nice as well. I don't know if the featherweight has iron sights or not.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Canada, so our availability of guns is about 1/4th of what you guys can get from a corner store.
Im hunting down a a ruger gunsite scout but they're rare as rocking horse poo.
Can you get a Winchester model 70 with irons other than an Alaskan or safari?

should have my first 1911, either today or no later than tomorrow.

What did you get?

I'm looking at a small frame kimber. They had one for $600 ish. It felt great

Sent from my iPhone 5, using Tapatalk 2

Canada, so our availability of guns is about 1/4th of what you guys can get from a corner store.

I'll look, but those might be the only two. Unless you go custom.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Dang i wish I took a picture. One of my favorite gun stores remodeled and changed to a shooting world, half their store is not an indoor shooting range and the other half is the store. They had at least 15 AR-15 on sale; I've never seen so many left in town. It was awesome

There's only one other a Cabelas 50ty anniversary and it's in 300 win mag.

Most iron sight models are Safari or dangerous game.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Ah bugger, I just want a .308. I don't need to blow anything in half and have my shoulder torn off!

Haha yea, well the thought is you want controlled round feed and big caliber to kill a bear.

If a bear is attacking me I want something faster then a bolt action though, I'd rather carry bear spray.

Are you looking to buy new? You would be better looking for an older M77, or maybe Remington 788/789.

Or if you know a good gunsmith it would be nothing for them to add on iron sights.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

i got my upper in today... they sent me one with a front sight housing in stead of a gas block... glad i didnt order my magpul folding mbus yet
guess ill just get rear ones

i got my upper in today... they sent me one with a front sight housing in stead of a gas block... glad i didnt order my magpul folding mbus yet
guess ill just get rear ones

Can't you Just send it back? Lol

heck no... ill keep it and order a better one on my next build hahaha

Good Idea, gas blocks aren't too expensive either if you wanted to replace it, just not sure on the availability at the moment

Good Idea, gas blocks aren't too expensive either if you wanted to replace it, just not sure on the availability at the moment

yeah theyre pretty cheap but im too lazy right now to mess with it... id rather get a kick ass rifle bag/case

yeah theyre pretty cheap but im too lazy right now to mess with it... id rather get a kick ass rifle bag/case

Hah true, I have a condor tactical Molle bag right now, it holds both my ARs and 10 mags easily.

I saw a kick ass Blackhawk one at the local gun shop yesterday

Hah true, I have a condor tactical Molle bag right now, it holds both my ARs and 10 mags easily.

I saw a kick ass Blackhawk one at the local gun shop yesterday

yeah they have black hawks at walmart... i wanna pick one up

yeah they have black hawks at walmart... i wanna pick one up

Nice. They are pretty solid soft shell cases.

I have a Winchester hard shell for my shotgun. It was pricey but it works

now all i need is ammo... good luck with that

Another option is doing what I did. I used a rail riser, they are fairly inexpensive and work great with the triangle sight in the front. I now have a gas block instead so I use flip up sights and a lower profile scope

une7y2ar.jpg

Im not a huge fan of those flip sights like the ones that you have on your AR Satch. No offense to yours as I'm sure they probably work just fine for what you need them for.

I just found that in using them on my M4, which unfortunately saw real world combat scenarios on deployment, they are far to fragile to be of any real use. Not in that they would break, but just way too easy to knock off zero if they're jostled around a little bit.

I think the overboard tacticool AR's are amusing.

tacticoolAR15.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back