azfarrier

Average Hack
Reaction score
Handicap
Well to be honest I have not been an avid golfer for many years. Until recently I was only playing about four times a year. That changed recently. A long time friend came to visit recently. Being from Michigan and not being able to play all winter understandably he wanted to get in a few rounds while he was here. The first round we played he kept busting my chops about my ancient clubs. I haven't bought a new set in 20 years. After our round we were talking and he convinced me to rent a set when we played next so I could see the difference in the technology over the past 20 years. The rentals were a nice set of Ping G20's. I was amazed!!! I was averaging 40 to 50 yards further with my drives and 20 yards per club with my irons and accuracy was increased greatly.

Well I was hooked. I went out two days later to buy a new set. I had never been fitted before and being 6'4" had always played with too short of clubs. I tried a number of different drivers and decided to stick with the G20's. The irons were a different story. After trying a lot of different irons I went with the Ping I20's. They just felt better and I seem to hit them better than anything else I tried. Of course that is in the simulator and not on the course. I am a little concerned that after ordering them everything I read says they are for a player with about a 12 or lower handicap and I'm about a 20. Hopefully I'll hit them as well on the course as I did in the simulator.

Sorry for the long first post but as you can probably tell I'm a little excited to play again.

Welcome to the forum and back to the game!!

Welcome to THP, and welcome back to golf!

Welcome to THP!!

Nice to meet you!!

:wavey: :welcome:

Welcome!

Welcome from Surprise!

We are excited to have you here! Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP nice to meet you

Welcome!!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to thp

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

:welcome: glad to have you aboard.

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP. Glad to see the excitement

Welcome to :thp:! Great to have you here!

Sounds like you've found to great things, golf and THP, enjoy the both!

Back