Central IL, St Louis, Indianapolis Area Gathering

lol

Well, I sort of got overwhelmed. For me, it's looking like early May will probably be the only good option I have and I'm not sure if that's going to be a great choice for the group. I'm definitely open to Sunday if that makes it easier for people.

Yeah, early May isn't good for me...I'd probably be out till at least late June at this point as my schedule at work is made through the third week of April and then the Ohio event, my IGA event, the outing, the Indy 500 I'm pretty much running thin on weekend time and weekend requests till the mid-end of June at this point, but Sunday certainly works better for me in the future.

Damn it all anyway.

Maybe we can get together and play a round together this pring.

May 4th is doable but Peoria is ~6 hours so I'll probably pass unless it moves south. I'll keep checking in here to see.
Maybe we can get together and play a round this spring.

Ok guys.

I'm going to set a date and those of you that can make it chime in. We'll get tee times made and go from there.

Sunday May 5th is the day.

Ok guys.

I'm going to set a date and those of you that can make it chime in. We'll get tee times made and go from there.

Seems fine for me

Ok guys.

Cinco de Mayo!! This could get wild.

Erica said I could leave Saturday and come back Sunday if I wanted, so the potential is there for a Saturday afternoon round as well. I may take her up on that offer.

Ok guys.

Sounds good to me. Courses in this area seem to be opening this weekend and should be in good shape by then.

I'm thinking so too bhilln.

Ok guys.

May 5th looks good on my calendar, what course are we looking at?

I'm not sure yet Cheffor. Let's see how many people are interested first and go from there. I think Metamora or Weaver Ridge would be my first two choices, but I'm not against something else.

I'm not sure yet Cheffor. Let's see how many people are interested first and go from there. I think Metamora or Weaver Ridge would be my first two choices, but I'm not against something else.

OK cool, I might have a friend to come with me I'll check with him, if that's cool.

Sounds good to me. Anybody is welcome to join for sure. I know we won't get everybody that could potentially come, but I figure something is better than nothing.

Put me down as a tentative yes.

Put me down as a tentative yes.

Woot! I picked Sunday hoping it would bring you in. Question for you and please be honest.

Springfield would be about 90 minutes and Peoria would be about 2-1/2 hours (according to Google). Is the extra time going to deter you if we pick Peoria?

Woot! I picked Sunday hoping it would bring you in. Question for you and please be honest.

Springfield would be about 90 minutes and Peoria would be about 2-1/2 hours (according to Google). Is the extra time going to deter you if we pick Peoria?

Nope, not in the least.

ETA: From where I'm at in O'Fallon though, I think it's closer to 3 hours. Still not an issue.

Cool. I think Peoria will have much better course selection. They have some very nice places and Springfield is so-so from what I hear.

Maybe we can get together and play a round this spring.

Absolutely. We are close enough that we have lots of options.

Ok guys.

Sorry Hawk. The dates work, and I'd love to play and meet more THP'ers, but that would be just shy of 12 hours total drive time. I'd consider an overnight stay if I wasn't doing that the week before for the Ohio Invitational. If you ever set one up south of Peoria make sure I see it.

Right on man. No worries at all. I understand that's a long-haul for you. Hopefully we can try again - maybe later in the year.

Ill be playing both weaver ridge (opens this Sunday) and Metamora fields in the next week so will see how they both are. Will also throw out there Coyote Creek as another option in the Peoria area. Weaver will still be under spring rates making it reasonable compared to the summer rates.

Excellent. I figure we should be fine if we make a course choice here in the next two weeks.

Back