Lamkin Gripes - Review Thread

I've had eight rounds on mine since the last cleaning and just finished up re-Griping the grips. They continue to work like a charm for me. They get all the crap off them of add some tackiness back. I just scrub really hard and make sure to go over each grip three or four times each. Not sure why they don't work for you OJ. I love mine.

I have a white REL 3gen on my new 3wood so I know it will get some work on that. I haven't been able to get out and play much since the first Gripeing, but as its starting to get warmer and that will led to more practice and then some more gripeing.

I dont know OJ, maybe its the just the grips that you have. Certain grips may have additives in them that might just not react well to the Gripe. I will say that I noticed a bigger difference on my Winn Excels than I did on my REL's but the Excels are alittle older and dirtier than the REL's are. Just a little scrubing and a light force applied should clean them right up, but I'm not sure if these are designed to take mud off or not. I think this are more for just a light cleaning after a few rounds more so than a deep clean.

I dont know OJ, maybe its the just the grips that you have. Certain grips may have additives in them that might just not react well to the Gripe. I will say that I noticed a bigger difference on my Winn Excels than I did on my REL's but the Excels are alittle older and dirtier than the REL's are. Just a little scrubing and a light force applied should clean them right up, but I'm not sure if these are designed to take mud off or not. I think this are more for just a light cleaning after a few rounds more so than a deep clean.
My grips are mostly VDR's, my dads are TM Tour Velvets..

My grips are mostly VDR's, my dads are TM Tour Velvets..

Beats me, I would thinkt he Tour Velvets would clean up nicely, but I have no experience with those or VDR's. Aren't VDR, a pretty firm rubber? May just have to do with the material. I would think that on a softer type of grip that Gripes would be a better a choice..but I'm really unsure.

Noticed the grooves in my irons were a little dirty after 3 or 4 rounds and some range sessions. Decided to give them a quick once over with a groove brush and one of my gripes. Hit the grips with another one as this one was about dry, but barely got anything worth posting about. Here's what 4-SW , 5W, 7W & DR did to this one. Could have kept going if I was a little quicker about it. I was taking my time watching TV and what have you. Consequently this one dried out a bit and had about had it after I finished up.

2D0A77D3-E027-4652-8ACF-D70B64D00826-7605-00000391C269C42B_zps537dad7d.jpg

17970606-672E-44BA-BA98-7D4367EDACE3-7605-00000391B92CDDC4_zps98769773.jpg

These look very interesting and for the price I think I'll invest in a couple packages.

This is a question to those who clean grips normal way (warm water with a little hint of detergent) and then used one of these gripes.
Do you think these gripes are better than normal way to clean grips so that it is worth buying? I am not quite convinced so far.. that is why I am asking

This is a question to those who clean grips normal way (warm water with a little hint of detergent) and then used one of these gripes.
Do you think these gripes are better than normal way to clean grips so that it is worth buying? I am not quite convinced so far.. that is why I am asking

I think that they're great for upkeep. However, I would still do warm soapy water every once in a while. These just make it so you don't have to do it every few rounds. If you can't tell, I clean my clubs a fair amount. :D

I have still yet to find these, I may need to go searching during my next business trip to a larger city!!! These need to be in my bag this year for sure.

I haven't used soap water since I got them in last year. They work just as well or better, even on white grips for me. As I've said before, the fact that I don't have to deal with making soapy water and all that goes with that process makes them better in my mind. It's a convenince thing rather than a level of cleanliness.

I got out yesterday and touched pretty much every club in my bag at some point or another between round and range work and they still have plenty of tack and still feel nice and clean. Probably will go a couple more range/round sessions with them and give them another cleaning/wipe down..

Thank you to the testers for putting this product to review. Some great thoughts and we cannot thank you guys enough. Job well done.

There really were some good thoughts. I think I may put some closing thoughts up tonight, but I know Lamkin enjoyed this thread as well based on their tweets.

These thing flat out work.. for the price they are a no brainer. Bring new life to grips for the cost of about a single grip. I think before people replace what they think are worn-out grips that they should try these.

I will still be buying a pack of these when I see them in store. There was some solid testing methods in here for such a unique product. Bottom line as a thread follow... they just work.

I will still be buying a pack of these when I see them in store. There was some solid testing methods in here for such a unique product. Bottom line as a thread follow... they just work.
Well put, I still haven't' seen them around here to buy, but they are certainly something that needs to be in my bag for sure!

I really need to pick up a pack of these!

I regripped some clubs last night with Lamkin REL 3gens, and found something pretty interesting.

I may have mentioned this earlier, but new grips don't usually feel all that tacky. Whether this is from dust buildup or oil buildup from being handled before purchase, I can't really say.

After regripping last night I used a rag with grip solvent to clean up the shafts of my clubs where the solvent and adhesive had run down below the grip. I decided to also use a Gripe to wipe down all of the new grips.

I wiped down all of the new grips pretty gently, and then let them sit to dry and allow the adhesive to set. When I went back to check them, they felt so tacky that I thought I had possibly transferred some of the dissolved adhesive while I was handling them. I wiped them down with a second Gripe, a little more vigorously since the setting process seemed to be in good shape. When I checked them out the second time, I realized that they were clean and that this was just the way they were supposed to be.

On the front of the Gripes pouch it says that they keep your grips "Looking & Feeling Like New". Well, I think that they actually make them better than new.

I know this is a product that I will continue to use. I wasn't really sold on the idea when these was first posted but since using them I am completely sold on them. Its a great product that truly does what its intended to do. Well done testers and well done Lamkin!

Just want to chime in , I was having trouble finding these early in the winter and for what ever reason I searched them on ebay and found them for a fair price with shipping, bought two packs so I would have them when I went south for a couple of months . Haven't been to the golf store to see if they carry them yet but if you can't find them ebay may be an option

I regripped some clubs last night with Lamkin REL 3gens, and found something pretty interesting.

I may have mentioned this earlier, but new grips don't usually feel all that tacky. Whether this is from dust buildup or oil buildup from being handled before purchase, I can't really say.

After regripping last night I used a rag with grip solvent to clean up the shafts of my clubs where the solvent and adhesive had run down below the grip. I decided to also use a Gripe to wipe down all of the new grips.

I wiped down all of the new grips pretty gently, and then let them sit to dry and allow the adhesive to set. When I went back to check them, they felt so tacky that I thought I had possibly transferred some of the dissolved adhesive while I was handling them. I wiped them down with a second Gripe, a little more vigorously since the setting process seemed to be in good shape. When I checked them out the second time, I realized that they were clean and that this was just the way they were supposed to be.

On the front of the Gripes pouch it says that they keep your grips "Looking & Feeling Like New". Well, I think that they actually make them better than new.

With the REL's it's critical to clean them often in order to have them soft and tacky. I find they start to lose their feel after 50 swings, but a good wipe down has them feeling like new (or better than new) again.

Just cleaned my putter grip with a gripe

Before and after

4u6uba9u.jpg
8uby5apa.jpg

re9asupe.jpg
tu3eby8y.jpg

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

That is quite a visible difference jlukes, thanks for the pics.

I bought a package of these last week and used them last night and am impressed how well they cleaned up my grips and made them tacky.

I only used one gripe for the whole bag and it was still moist when I got done.

The tackiness is still holding strong. I've had a wet range session and a little golf in the rain since the last cleaning time and I didn't feel anysort of sliming up or gooing from any of the moisture that got on the grips. Was very reassuring that nothing wicked out of the grips from using the Gripes.

Back