Odyssey Tank Review

Thanks for posting the video Hawk!

I like that they have 2 models configured differently if you want a 38/40" or a standard 34/35". Would have to try both but like the idea of the longer with the belly putter feel/weight without being anchored.

I would like to take some strokes with the shorter version out of curiosity.

Here's a video explaining the technology behind Tank.

Very informative, if and when the ban goes through I guess we see many more of these in play!

I rolled the shorted version Hawk, and loved it. I didn't care for the longer one quite as much.

I'm assuming you have to roll with the stock grip with this putter.

I rolled the shorted version Hawk, and loved it. I didn't care for the longer one quite as much.

I'm assuming you have to roll with the stock grip with this putter.

I think that's a good assumption, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks Hawk for posting. Question: How does this differ from the Heavy Putter concept?

First thing off the top of my head is the design of the longer shaft in that it should extend above the hands. The backweighting concept is similar though.

Callaway staffers, read from the beginning and let the pondering/order placing begin!

Hope I see one of these come July in SC.

I think that would be prett cool for sure. It's already got some Tour validation and the head shape is a popular one.

Callaway staffers, read from the beginning and let the pondering/order placing begin!

Hope I see one of these come July in SC.
I hope to see one as well, just to beg to hit it!!!

I'd be between the Tank or this
putters-2013-white-hot-pro-v-line___1.png

Having spent quite a bit of time with both, I'd go Tank. Not that the V Line is bad or anything.

The Tank will be released on Saturday at Golfsmith....I'll be there!

The Tank will be released on Saturday at Golfsmith....I'll be there!

Is that within the order deadline for you guys?

Yes! Monday is the deadline so gives us the weekend.

Fantastic. Glad that works out. Hopefully you get a chance to roll one

This baby is a #7 on roids!! I think it could be lethal!

This putter is going to be a great option for the Callaway staffers this year. The #7 was a hit last year and I think this is going to roll in some nice putts!

I've rolled one of these a bit. I really liked the feel of it, but for me personally, there's just too much going on visually. I prefer a simpler head. But for those that don't mind, these are really nice putters.

Im really leaning towards the Tank this morning, could change by noon.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I'll be really interested to hear everybody's thoughts that does try it out soon. If we are talking performance off the center of the face, Tank may be the most stable putter I've ever used. Hoping some nicely mown greens are in my future so I can get a better picture of speed.

I'll be really interested to hear everybody's thoughts that does try it out soon. If we are talking performance off the center of the face, Tank may be the most stable putter I've ever used. Hoping some nicely mown greens are in my future so I can get a better picture of speed.

I'm hoping to give it a roll this weekend, or else it will have to wait until the tail end of next week. It certainly intrigues me.

I hope they have a few of these at GS when I go by today. I think it's a great concept, wonder if it will translate into performance for me

Took me a little time to figure out where I wanted my hands, but it came around quickly after that.

Im really leaning towards the Tank this morning, could change by noon.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Have you rolled it yet Wake? I'm really interested in the idea behind it and if it feels half way decent I may be game. But I rolled those Versa's well yesterday. Saturday can't get here quick enough. I may swing my golfsmith tomorrow and try and talk the GM into bringing one out early so I can roll it. We'll see.

Back