Callaway X Spann Golf Glove Review

I kinda agree Nate but being able to try it on and get the right size for tightness Im sure theyd have something that fits the way you like it. Bucks always had a bit of a looser glove when I played with him.
I don't think I could wear that. I like my gloves pretty tight and use the velcro to really lock my gloves down. Just looks loose in the picture.

I saw these the other day in the store I was intrigued. I like the idea of no velcro. Not a fan of the price, but if its durable it's probably worth it. Buck how does it feel? Does it feel like it's a thick glove like the Hirzl or FJ Spidr? I've had some Callaway gloves in the past and didn't have any issues with them.

Like you mentioned Buck, the only real concern I'd have is the elastic giving out, especially for someone who likes to take their glove off after every shot.

Looking forward to hearing some on course thoughts.

I dont really like not having a velcro strap. I like my gloves tight and it might be hard to get that skin type feel as it got more used and worn in.

I saw these the other day in the store I was intrigued. I like the idea of no velcro. Not a fan of the price, but if its durable it's probably worth it. Buck how does it feel? Does it feel like it's a thick glove like the Hirzl or FJ Spidr? I've had some Callaway gloves in the past and didn't have any issues with them.

its not thick like those at all its actually pretty thin and the fingers with the grip on them aren't leather they are some sort of composite material as well.

I don't think I could wear that. I like my gloves pretty tight and use the velcro to really lock my gloves down. Just looks loose in the picture.

it fits snug and the elastic stretches they have cadet sizes as well so i dunno how tight you like it but i agree with thainer i tend to like a bit of a looser type glove why i gravitated to the vision that is made of almost all composite stretch material.

Like you mentioned Buck, the only real concern I'd have is the elastic giving out, especially for someone who likes to take their glove off after every shot.

Looking forward to hearing some on course thoughts.

yeah i dont' usually leave my glove on while 100 and in and putting so i'm concerned how it will hold up but i guess time will tell.

Cool looking glove. Not sure about having elastic only.

I know you said it fits snug, but in the picture it looks pretty loose. Or is that just how you wear your gloves? I like mine to fit tighter.

Cool looking glove. Not sure about having elastic only.

I know you said it fits snug, but in the picture it looks pretty loose. Or is that just how you wear your gloves? I like mine to fit tighter.

i like them loose i prob could have went with a M/L if i wanted a more fit glove.

so i got a round in yesterday and today with the glove.... i like a lot about it. the one issue i have is taking it on and off isn't the easiest and doing so i'm afraid will probably stretch that elastic out faster than i would like.... that being said i didn't have any slippage issues and the leather palm still looks brand new. i also was sweating pretty good today wore pants and shoulda wore shorts and i my hand never got sweaty i do think the back of this glove helps it breathe pretty well. i guess time will tell how the elastic lasts. but some good things about it today and yesterday for sure. the one other good thing about not having velcro is i can take my glove off when other people are hitting because it won't make any noise. i know its not a big deal but i always end up waiting to take my glove on and off and now i can just take it off whenever. i didn't see the glove getting any looser at all during the rounds either.

Thanks for the update Buck. The thing you mention about being able to pull the glove off while others are hitting is something that I would like, I'm always conscious about making noise with the velcro. The biggest question remains how well the elastic holds up, if that works well then we've got a winner here I think.

Thanks for the update Buck. The thing you mention about being able to pull the glove off while others are hitting is something that I would like, I'm always conscious about making noise with the velcro. The biggest question remains how well the elastic holds up, if that works well then we've got a winner here I think.

yeah i'm the same way its funny how anal i am about it but i'm always holding it waiting for someone else to tee off so i can take the glove off..... i do hope the elastic holds up. its a comfortable glove. glad i snagged one to try out.

looks nice but i wish there was a way to tighten it across the back of hand

SS13CALWYXSPNGLGRY

SS13CALWYXSPNGLWTE
Interesting. Does it come in any other color schemes? Perhaps something primarily white on the back?

I've been using this glove for about a month now and so far have been pleased with its fit and feel. This glove is very comfortable to wear and has a nice fit. Durability has been very good as well and provides great feel. My only complaint is that on humid days when my hands get a little sweaty this glove can be a pain to slip on and off. Overall I am pleased with the xspann glove and will purchase this glove again.

Tapatalking from the bottom of the cup.

I've been using this glove for about a month now and so far have been pleased with its fit and feel. This glove is very comfortable to wear and has a nice fit. Durability has been very good as well and provides great feel. My only complaint is that on humid days when my hands get a little sweaty this glove can be a pain to slip on and off. Overall I am pleased with the xspann glove and will purchase this glove again.

Tapatalking from the bottom of the cup.

i agree its been good durability wise but its not easy to get on and off all the time.

I played my first round with this glove and I'll echo some of the other comments, because you guys have pretty much nailed it already.

The medium fit me best. For velcro gloves, I would normally wear a ML as I don't like a really tight fitting glove. The medium fit fine in the fingers and was comfortable across my hands without being too tight.
The stitching on he elastic came undone about half way through the round. It did not affect the performance of the glove at all, but looks a bit bad. I might try to restitch it, or I might just leave it alone.

I also like being able to pull it on and off without the velcro riiiiip sound. It came off pretty easy at first but then was more time consuming after it got a bit wet from perspiration. This was only a very minor bother, and would not keep me from recommending it.

I thought wearing the glove was very comfortable and it was solid in the way it grips the club. This glove just sort of disappeared in my hand when I was gripping and swinging a golf club. I've used some gloves where you just sort of feel like you're wearing a glove, and this one doesnt' do that, while still doing its job well. I'd recommend it.

I've been using this glove since it came out and I love it but I have been having pain in my ring and pinky finger on my glove hand for months and I could t figure out what it was from. I just came to the conclusion that it's from these gloves. Be pinky and ring finer are made of a suede material with little rubber V shaped callway logo looking things for extra grip. Problem is thy wear down quickly and you're basically left with a slick suede on those two fingers. End result is My grip is slipping and I grip harder which is putting stress in my fingers.

Moving away from this glove now.

I love these gloves haven't had any issues with the two I have used. Had to throw them out due to looking old, not worn out. I was surprised at how well the leather stands up and the compression material stays tight.

I love these gloves haven't had any issues with the two I have used. Had to throw them out due to looking old, not worn out. I was surprised at how well the leather stands up and the compression material stays tight.

Agreed here. I bought one earlier this year and am astounded by the durability and longevity of these. The lack of a strap and sweaty hands makes it sort of impractical to use during a summer round, but range sessions are great for these. I've used one glove all range sessions and only one of the little chevrons have fallen off, that is it in about 25-30 range sessions this year.

So bought one of these. They are pretty nice. Maybe the most skin like glove I have ever worn after first round. I never take my glove off while I play and this glove is perfect for that. Lots of breeze, very comfy, and plenty of dexterity. IMG_1035.jpegIMG_1034.jpegIMG_1033.jpeg

Back