The THP Bridgestone Championship - THP Invades Las Vegas

Still debating on whether to drive or fly. I assume having a car is going to make things a lot more convenient, but the drive home on Sunday is going to be torture.

I loved every minute of the DFW Invitational, but I can definitely say that driving home after the Sunday round was miserable, and we felt like we had to rush the round. Staying over another day would have been a better choice for me that day.

I loved every minute of the DFW Invitational, but I can definitely say that driving home after the Sunday round was miserable, and we felt like we had to rush the round. Staying over another day would have been a better choice for me that day.

I agree with you SharkHat. I have driven home after playing that day in most of the THP event's I've been to, and from the moment you wake up, you've got the drive home in your head. I know people may have obligations on Monday, but staying over will make it more enjoyable if one can manage it.

Still debating on whether to drive or fly. I assume having a car is going to make things a lot more convenient, but the drive home on Sunday is going to be torture.

I am going through the same thoughts.. .I might just fly over and rent a car. Best of both worlds.

Can u stay til Monday and mske it easier on yourself?

That option also...

I agree with you SharkHat. I have driven home after playing that day in most of the THP event's I've been to, and from the moment you wake up, you've got the drive home in your head. I know people may have obligations on Monday, but staying over will make it more enjoyable if one can manage it.

Exactly.

Not to mention that this time the awards ceremony and dinner are after the Sunday round, so staying Sunday night makes even more sense.

Haha mike everytime you post I wonder if its more surprises
tap tap taparoo

Maybe a stayover on Sunday night would not be so bad. Maybe even play a Monday AM round up at Wolf Creek...

I am definitely staying until Monday. No redeye for this guy.

Staying over is the way to go if you can swing it, especially if you can spend time with your better half. Might make the next THP event an easier sell.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Heads up that American Airlines is apparently running a big sale now.

hmmm...My AA flight is still at $462 although frontier is now down to 360

I priced it through Frontier earlier for Kelly and I. Still a little high. $650 from KC to Vegas. Going to keep holding out.

Heads up that American Airlines is apparently running a big sale now.

Just remember to add the $50/bag that you will have to pay.

Southwest will have flights to Vegas on sale before the summer is over with no bag fees.

Lots of time to be patient.

Southwest will have flights to Vegas on sale before the summer is over with no bag fees.

i'm hoping southwest has a sale before then but theres not many nonstop flights left on the days i want to go. guess i will wait and see. no rush to pay for that ticket yet.

i'm hoping southwest has a sale before then but theres not many nonstop flights left on the days i want to go. guess i will wait and see. no rush to pay for that ticket yet.

exactly...tons of time left to wait for the right deal

It's too bad SW doesnt fly out of my local airport, 1.5-2hr drive for a SW flight basically eliminates the savings once I add in time/gas/parking

Yep. I am already booked with SW; just sharing info when I receive notices of sales.

My plan right now is to wait till after a couple of flights I have coming up that should give me enough points to get a least one way of the flight free.

Hmmm. Wondering if there will be some more details released about this one. It has been awhile...

uggh, Phoenix to Las Vegas is still over 180.00 on SWA.

uggh, Phoenix to Las Vegas is still over 180.00 on SWA.

Can't you drive from Phoenix to Vegas in the time it takes to go to the airport, check in, wait, board, taxi, fly, taxi, de-plane, get bags?

Can't you drive from Phoenix to Vegas in the time it takes to go to the airport, check in, wait, board, taxi, fly, taxi, de-plane, get bags?

I would have thought so too, but I just checked and it's 5 1/2 hours each way.....probably an hour flight...so depending on how far you live from the airport it would be close.

\

It's 5 1/2 hours of torture to be honest. Plus, gas is going to run me at least $100.00 back and forth and I can stay over Sunday night and catch an AM flight and be back at work on Monday.

Back