Matrix 6M3 Shaft Review

I wish I could test this shaft. I'm looking for a shaft upgrade in my r11 so I can adjust the loft back up to 9 or 9.5 (have it on 8 right now).

This might just be your shaft then. It definitely is a low spin, low launch shaft. Great option in this case! I have it in my R11 and it is a great combo!

This might just be your shaft then. It definitely is a low spin, low launch shaft. Great option in this case! I have it in my R11 and it is a great combo!

yea with the stock blur on the 9* setting i get approximately a 20* launch angle with about 4000 RPM of back spin. Its been a while since I have had my driver on the launch monitor so I might be remembering those incorrectly. But at 9* i def get a high launching ball that just climbs higher and comes straight down. I was getting zero forward roll and sometimes getting negative roll. I dont know too many people who can back up their driver in the middle of the fairway. I like the ball flight im getting out of the 8*, but i would prefer (and think would be better) if i could get a low launch, low spin shaft and set it back to 9* or maybe 9.5*.

yea with the stock blur on the 9* setting i get approximately a 20* launch angle with about 4000 RPM of back spin. Its been a while since I have had my driver on the launch monitor so I might be remembering those incorrectly. But at 9* i def get a high launching ball that just climbs higher and comes straight down. I was getting zero forward roll and sometimes getting negative roll. I dont know too many people who can back up their driver in the middle of the fairway. I like the ball flight im getting out of the 8*, but i would prefer (and think would be better) if i could get a low launch, low spin shaft and set it back to 9* or maybe 9.5*.

This shaft is 100% different from the stock Blur! I think you will find it much more accurate too!

Great review!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe I missed it - TC what length are you playing your driver?
Can anyone compare to HD6 please.

I have an HD 6 in my TM 2.0 Superfast - Like it allot but do launch pretty high.
I'm going to see how HD6 is in the RBZ tour.
I love the feeling of Matrix shafts - even the made for TM Xcon 6 is pretty smooth.

THis shaft was tested at 45.5'' in length. I have not much experience with the HD 6 for a comparison for you. Sorry dude.

THis shaft was tested at 45.5'' in length. I have not much experience with the HD 6 for a comparison for you. Sorry dude.

Thanks and no problem - just send me the shaft I will do a comparison - LOL

Having put the 7m3 black tie shafts into my 3 and 5 wood, I am very pleased. Callaway lists the Aldila Trinity as a low launch and the 7m3 as a low/mid. I agree. The Black Ties seem to be stout enough for me to go after it and not worry. The club stays stable through the swing and into impact. I was seeing 14.8* and above as launch angles with the 5 wood. Maybe a touch low, but the low spin characteristic adds some nice carry with that lowish launch. I will wait and see what happens when hitting on a real golf course, but so far the simulators and launch monitors are showing some very promising numbers.

Having put the 7m3 black tie shafts into my 3 and 5 wood, I am very pleased. Callaway lists the Aldila Trinity as a low launch and the 7m3 as a low/mid. I agree. The Black Ties seem to be stout enough for me to go after it and not worry. The club stays stable through the swing and into impact. I was seeing 14.8* and above as launch angles with the 5 wood. Maybe a touch low, but the low spin characteristic adds some nice carry with that lowish launch. I will wait and see what happens when hitting on a real golf course, but so far the simulators and launch monitors are showing some very promising numbers.

Good news dude. The 7M3 was one of my options for the MC and I am really hoping that I get it.

Im thinking the 7M3 will be my next driver shaft..

Im thinking the 7M3 will be my next driver shaft..

7m3 is a little heavy for a driver shaft, for my game at least. The 6 series is perfect for my driver.

7m3 is a little heavy for a driver shaft, for my game at least. The 6 series is perfect for my driver.

This is what I am hoping for. I like the heavy feel personally.

My current shaft is 74g.. Isnt the 7m3 in X around 76g?i like being able to go after it and not having the shaft buckle..

I was using the 8m3 in Florida and was surprised how much I liked it. It was clearly heavier but I felt like it kept my tempo more smooth and stopped me from overswinging. I think I will regret not getting the 6m3 in my cobra driver

I was using the 8m3 in Florida and was surprised how much I liked it. It was clearly heavier but I felt like it kept my tempo more smooth and stopped me from overswinging. I think I will regret not getting the 6m3 in my cobra driver

You can try mine hopefully

Martin Laird had a 8m3 in his driver this past weekend.

I am going with the 7m3 in my MC driver. I was surprised that it really wasnt that low launching for me. Even in xflex I was launching it with decent numbers.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I am going with the 7m3 in my MC driver. I was surprised that it really wasnt that low launching for me. Even in xflex I was launching it with decent numbers.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Nice to hear dude. Really hoping for the same thing for myself.

I just put a 6M3 in an Adams Fast 12 LS head, I can't wait to take it to the course this weekend. It's way outside of what I normally have played but kind of an experiment for me!

I just put a 6M3 in an Adams Fast 12 LS head, I can't wait to take it to the course this weekend. It's way outside of what I normally have played but kind of an experiment for me!

I bet that will be a beast combo. The F12LS head I thought was underrated as well, and got lumped into the F12 head which I thought was terrible. I just never swung a shaft in the LS that I liked, but the feel of the head was great.

Can't wait to hear how it goes for you my man.

I bet that will be a beast combo. The F12LS head I thought was underrated as well, and got lumped into the F12 head which I thought was terrible. I just never swung a shaft in the LS that I liked, but the feel of the head was great.

Can't wait to hear how it goes for you my man.
I hit the Black Tie with the AMP Cell and like the feel but it was a bit lower launching, but in the winds we get I was curious how this will perform! I'll keep you all posted.

Back