THP Ultimate Club Testing - Venue & Itinerary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway you shake it its a great deal. I haven't checked, but I bet you 1 round of weekend morning golf and 2 nights stay at the resort would already make you go over that price.

I just did a quick check and 2 nights with only 2 rounds of golf is $510 for the dates of the event.

awesome

I just did a quick check and 2 nights with only 2 rounds of golf is $510 for the dates of the event.

hmm..

$350<$510

plus all the "extras"

#nobrainer

I think those in North FL will be all over this one. They asked for further North than Orlando and while its not a lot further, it is north of there. Incredible venue with one of the best courses in the state, and the opportunity to jump into pre-release testing and meet the people behind the scenes.

Though I live in Gainesville now, I spent a lot of my youth down in the area, Mount Dora, Eustis, Tavares heck I was born in Leesburg. Later on when I lived down south I would drive by the resort on my way to visit family all over Lake county, but I've never once set foot on the property. Can't tell you how badly I've wanted to get down there to play, and this might just be the perfect opportunity/excuse. I'm in for sure, barring something extremely out of left field.

Early next week we will have signup details on which day people can sign up.
This will include exact cost.
The day and time people can sign up.
How many Albatross Club Members are allowed to sign up (very limited field)
And the company that is behind this incredible opportunity with THP.

This is going to be a very special event.

Got my attention! Can't wait for more details!

TBD as of now.

Appreciate it. Definitely easier to swing to the Mrs. when I can tell her she can come too. If memory serves right, it'd be the first time at any THP event.

Will look forward to the upcoming announcements!

Atlanta to Orlando going about 78 MPH is about 7 hours.

Im guessing you are speaking of Disney area?

Because that is pretty south of Orlando, plus having to go through I4 traffic.
We made it significantly faster in the larger Tour Van from actual Orlando and then add in this event being even further north and I think most would be able to get from that area in less than that.

Atlanta to Orlando going about 78 MPH is about 7 hours.
Well, Mission Inn is located about 45 miles north of Orlando. 408 miles from Atlanta GA. So, Atlanta to Mission Inn, driving 78 miles per hour is about 5.23 hours.

Im guessing you are speaking of Disney area?

Because that is pretty south of Orlando, plus having to go through I4 traffic.
We made it significantly faster in the larger Tour Van from actual Orlando and then add in this event being even further north and I think most would be able to get from that area in less than that.

I was speaking of 75-to-Turnpike-to-40-to the Hwy 50/441 area. Yeah, I'd agree that since the local is further north it wouldn't take that long.

I'm surprised you made it significantly faster. I guess not having 12-year-old twins makes it a bit faster.

Well, Mission Inn is located about 45 miles north of Orlando. 408 miles from Atlanta GA. So, Atlanta to Mission Inn, driving 78 miles per hour is about 5.23 hours.

Let's not go bringing facts into it!

I would give my left nut to do this but I believe it is already in my wife's purse

I saw Apopka as the address and thought it'd be easier to drive towards Clermont and go north from there. Maps has me saving about 40 miles and going up 75 towards Ocala and cutting over from there. My mind just got blown away on where it is in relation to Orlando.

I would give my left nut to do this but I believe it is already in my wife's purse

Thats the beauty of it, you dont have to. All you have to do is be an AC member and one of the early signups.

I saw Apopka as the address and thought it'd be easier to drive towards Clermont and go north from there. Maps has me saving about 40 miles and going up 75 towards Ocala and cutting over from there. My mind just got blown away on where it is in relation to Orlando.

Wait till you see El Campeon. Its like no other course in FL.

I gotta move to FL before the 2014 season. Any ideas how to convince my wife? Better yet...anyone hiring???

War is right. Its about 5 hours to 5.5 hours from Atlanta.

No way it's 5 hours. IF, and only if, you were right on the south loop of 285 and stopped only once for less than 10 minutes and averaged 80+.....maybe close to 5 hours, but not 5 and vertainly not under 5.

Going by actual mileage, you'd have to average 80 to break 5.5 hours, counting stops. One stop of 10 minutes and your average goes down by roughly 5. 5 hours would require basically going 85-90 the whole way with no traffic/weather issues. I don't think that's quite what the average driver is doing.

I live in Gainesville and have driven to/through ATL probably 25 times, maybe more. If I get to the baseball field, on the south side of ATL in 5:15 or less, it's good time.

Who stops for a 5 hour drive in a Tour Van that has a bathroom and fridge on board? :D

Wait till you see El Campeon. Its like no other course in FL.

It has elevation, so I'm already confused. Campeon kinda reminds me of Collina with the elevation changes and then that one course we played when it was really windy and had that island green we were punching 6 irons into from like 140.

why are we debating 30-45 minutes of time?

I'll trade ya, I'll do 5-6 someone else do the 13

It has elevation, so I'm already confused. Campeon kinda reminds me of Collina with the elevation changes and then that one course we played when it was really windy and had that island green we were punching 6 irons into from like 140.

Oh Gawd you are in for a surprise. The elevation is 10 times that of Bella.

I live in Gainesville and have driven to/through ATL probably 25 times, maybe more. If I get to the baseball field, on the south side of ATL in 5:15 or less, it's good time.

Who doesn't do 75-80 on I-75? Just slow down when you get to the trees near Lake City where the FHP love to hide.

Is it really only $349 for this trip???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back