Things That Irritate You On the Course?

I play solo alot, so I get paired with a lot of random people. I really can't stand the bad player who needs to curse after every bad shot (virtually all of them), like the result is shocking and unexpected. It's one thing for the occasional expletive when something abnormally bad goes wrong...but on every single shot...starts to wear thin.

While I do not curse after every bad shot, the first one I typically do not let one loose, but if I do the same mistake one-2 more times, I am guilty of letting an "S" or "F" bomb fly....just frustration...

As for things that annoy me but probably shouldn't...when people I am playing with say "good shot" after every swing even if the shot wasn't good...don't know why, it just annoys me...

Some a-hole told me I should be playing from the black tournament tees because I have a staff bag, he was making fun and being on obnoxious...until I out drove him by 50
Yards...take that jacka$$...

There's nothing wrong with me having equipment that works for me,
And a staff bag. This guy was just annoying, u can stand those who taunt others for having nice equipment, and then they can't even hold up their own game

I used a smaller stand bag (i think it was a junior bag) because it was way lighter and easier to carry. A couple guys I got paired with were making fun of it, So at the end of the round when we settled up the $$, I told them "thanks for paying for my new bag!!"

I mostly get irritated the most with my own play. I know I am bad and make plenty of mistakes, but it sort of bothers me when I play with a random person who insists on telling me what I did wrong on every swing. If I ask for your opinion it's totally different.

People who try to get in your head while golfing, and people who count strokes on the green!!!

Random people I get paired with who think because we are sharing a cart it is a competition between the 2 of us. I am not playing against you pal, I am playing against the course.

Most irritating thing for me is to witness people abusing the golf course/carts/etc.

Poison ivy.

Trash and litter. All of the obvious can bother me while playing, but a big part of playing, for me, is being outside in pleasant surroundings. Trash and litter strewn about bugs me.

Trash and litter. All of the obvious can bother me while playing, but a big part of playing, for me, is being outside in pleasant surroundings. Trash and litter strewn about bugs me.

This post is directed at you, smokers.

(I'm sure there are some who are conscientious, but the vast majority throw their butts and stogies wherever they please).

I caddied for a player at a few mini tour events who would have to pick up trash if he saw it on the ground. He said he had slight OCD and if he passed it and didnt pick it up he couldnt focus on his next shot. Needless to say thankfully we played on some nicer courses and I didnt have to load up my caddy bib with a bunch of trash.

Were we paired together yesterday? I let 1, maybe 2 fly yesterday that I just had to apologize for, I'm going to hit bad shots but was on a run of looking like I'd swung a club before. 2 tee shots and I was almost ready to break something.

haha, probably not. The guy I was really thinking about that especially got me first up must have cursed on about 40 shots...i mean, when you're shooting 115-120, don't you expect to have your share of bad shots? Cursing I think just makes you look dumb. I can see letting one fly occasionally, hell I'm guilty as well and certainly no prude to bad language (grew up in a marine household), but at a certain point i just can't help rolling my eyes.

Pairs or doubles who play slow or don't play ready golf. I can totally forgive bad play, we've all played bad before, even the topper and duffer crowd, but when they're putzing along while I catch up to them EVERY HOLE without even an acknowledgement, that bugs me.

Tapatalkin it in on my iPhone 4S

It's probably been said already but here are my two biggest...

1. unfixed pitch marks on the green.
2. unfilled divot holes - ESPECIALLY on par 3 tee boxes where there is a big bucket of crap there for you to use to fill your stupid divot hole...

Uneven tee boxes and unfixed pitch marks. It was so bad today on the greens.

People who get wasted by the 6th hole and keep on drinkin.

Playing with a couple who argue the entire round.

Unrepaired ball marks on the green.

Many of mine have been listed, but I didn't see this one. Guys who spend 20 minutes looking for a lost ball like it's a diamond. It's gone, man. Just drop another. They sell more in the pro shop if you need them.

Also, mis hitting a club that was my wheel house up until that swing. What happened? I always feel betrayed by the club.

I caddied for a player at a few mini tour events who would have to pick up trash if he saw it on the ground. He said he had slight OCD and if he passed it and didnt pick it up he couldnt focus on his next shot. Needless to say thankfully we played on some nicer courses and I didnt have to load up my caddy bib with a bunch of trash.

HAHA I know exactly what you mean - I used to caddy for a guy that would treat me as if I was a storage compartment for his smokes and hand me garbage...awful...

Mulligan man. The guy who will re-tee over and over until he blasts one 250+ down the middle. This is usually the loudest guy in the clubhouse later bragging to his buddies how he was "striping his driver today!".
Also, high cappers (myself included) who get super upset over every little bad shot. If it wasn't for the bad shots we'd all be scratch right?

People being chased by police running across the green as you are trying to make a birdie putt...yes that just happened.

People who get wasted by the 6th hole and keep on drinkin.

Playing with a couple who argue the entire round.

That could turn into entertainment after a while haha

People being chased by police running across the green as you are trying to make a birdie putt...yes that just happened.

"EXCUSE ME could you kindly stop? I'm about to break 80 here!" Oh that'd be hilarious haha

"EXCUSE ME could you kindly stop? I'm about to break 80 here!" Oh that'd be hilarious haha

I honestly didn't know how to react.

Back