2015 US Open Contest & Official Thread - Amazing Cobra PUMA Prizes

I'd pay good money to watch Canadan play Chambers Bay with a set of SGI clubs with regular flex shafts and a guy in his group yelling mashed potatoes after every shot.

Wife said it looks like a nuclear clean up zone. I just want to see some good shots and all I'm seeing is this struggling group at +26 and counting.
This is how it is supposed to be . It is a U.S. Open; should be an event where par or maybe one or two under wins. This isn't s typical tour event, and the scores in general are already too low for my liking

The greens aren't good and are bumpy, yes.
To say the putting game is a "total fluke" is hyperbole at best.

We all play on bumpy greens when the course is out of season. The good putters still make more putts than the poor putters.

It is a fluke hitting a chunk of poa and the ball veering offline.
It is a fluke hitting a chunk of poa and the ball veering back online.

With the course capabilities and quality that Chambers Bay COULD offer, this is a silly thing to separate the pack, or depart us the opportunity to watch golfers go silly low.

Alright, I'm good with that.

Chambers Bay is fair in that everyone is playing the same course (arguably... morning clearly different than afternoon).

Chambers Bay has been modified to be stupid (see logical definition above hahaha).

Agreed. Still fair, but it's also stupid.

WTG Tony Finau, helped my fantasy team with that putt.

The people who aren't scoring well aren't scoring well not due to the putting surface.

I'd pay good money to watch Canadan play Chambers Bay with a set of SGI clubs with regular flex shafts and a guy in his group yelling mashed potatoes after every shot.

Keep the wind down and I'll game a set of Altitudes with R flex Miyazaki C.Kua's any day of the week.

...but I won't take my M7 on the greens. Give me something different like a Cure and I won't spend too much time being bothered by the Poa/fescue. Who's caddying and who's live updating my Tiger-esque score?!

I cant hear the commentary. Why did fowler get a free drop on that?

Rose...what was that?

A sh@nked bunker shot, ouch!

How the hell do you shank the first shot then do that from a plugged lie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a fluke hitting a chunk of poa and the ball veering offline.
It is a fluke hitting a chunk of poa and the ball veering back online.

With the course capabilities and quality that Chambers Bay COULD offer, this is a silly thing to separate the pack, or depart us the opportunity to watch golfers go silly low.
I agree on all counts that they've sold the course short of the glory it could have had with whatever stupid preparation they did.
I agree that bumpy greens in a freaking US Open is borderline insulting.

I just don't agree that it takes anything away from the integrity of the Championship.

Plinko was my favorite game on The Price is Right, so I'm loving this.

Keep the wind down and I'll game a set of Altitudes with R flex Miyazaki C.Kua's any day of the week.

...but I won't take my M7 on the greens. Give me something different like a Cure and I won't spend too much time being bothered by the Poa/fescue. Who's caddying and who's live updating my Tiger-esque score?!

I'll loop for you Dan...just no chipotle at the turn please

The U.S. open is one place I don't want to see them go low. I like that it usually is a dogfight to stay under par. Not every week has to be -15 to win.

WTG Tony Finau, helped my fantasy team with that putt.
Love this - silver lining in this storm of a thread!!

Edit: I was watching the Fox coverage on line, it was interesting, Morgan Pressel has some interesting insight into pro golf.

25 players under par currently.....I'd argue there have been tougher US Opens than this.

We'll need music. And some sort of Balata.

Got the sound chuck charged and will have to scour eBay for feather balls.... Persimmon woods?

Back