What was your last THP event and how has your bag changed since?

My last official THP event was the Bridgestone at Disney.

I had: 815 Alpha, Callway mini driver, razr 4w and 915 2 hybo. Srixon irons, Bridgestone wedges and Gianinni CS putter

Now: GBB driver and 3w, 915 2 hybo and Callaway Alpha 3hybo, same irons minus the 4 iron, same wedges and an Odyssey Works tank cruiser #1Wide

This thread is pretty interesting for a number of reasons

This thread is pretty interesting for a number of reasons
I agree dude...it is awesome to see how many peoples bags have changed and how many people have been in recent events or haven't been in any recent events. I am enjoying reading everyone's posts!

Kentucky invitational only thing that has changed is swapping my 56 and 60 wedges as the others had seen their day.

My bag actually goes back to the OC invitational of 2014 when I built irons the day before leaving and reshafted driver, 3wd, hybo. With the only change being the 2wedges and putter.

I guess I'm boring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Brigestone Invitational in Kansas City. The drive home provided time to of first reflect on all the great fun, TREMENDOUS people, and the golf shots and holes I'd witnessed. Both in my rounds in KC and a couple weekends earlier in sposey's Branson gathering. I'm glad my drive was a few hours, because ultimately I also had time to really assess my game. Exactly where and how I struggled and/or lacked the tools needed and I came to the realization that I needed to tweak the makeup at the top and bottom of my bag.

Other than crappy putting (I was awful all year on the greens) I was losing strokes in two primary ways:

1) Too many wedges. I realized I had made golf harder (for me) when I had upgraded my 20 year old bag upon getting back into the game in 2014. I had always gamed sets that ran 1 iron-PW,SW. So for all my many decades of golfing, I was confident playing nearly every finess shot with a 56* SW. I found that in both KC and Branson, I was tentative, doubting my wedge choice on vitually every finess shot. Duh - replace the 54* and 58* ATVs with a 56* SW. I knew exactly which 56* I was going to get too because THPers are just super. Kang (Branson) and nebgolfer (KC extra round) had each handed me a PM grind to try and it was like cheating both times. That design couldn't fit me any better and I had my own 56* PM within a month and am no longer tentative on any greenside shot requiring some loft. The bonus is that turning two wedges into one also played perfectly into my 2nd big deficiency.

2) No weapons (besides driver) I could confidently carry hazzards at longer yardages. (Don't laugh, I know I'm not nearly as long as most of you). I did get a hybrid when I upgraded that old bag, a 2/3 Amp Cell I was playing at 18*. When hit perfectly I could get maybe 175 carry but the issue was that I never knew if I'd hit it low, mid, or nice and high. Also I was prone to missing both ways with it. FWIW my 4 iron is very similar in all respects and 5 iron was the last club in my bag that I was fairly confident in getting the proper height, shape, and direction. Issue was that it typically only carries to maybe 165 on decent strikes for me. Driving home I could clearly picture 7 shots that I hit well with either my 5 iron or 18* hybrid in Branson and KC that fell/splashed a yard or three short. It took me a couple months to work things out but I have since replaced the Amp Cell with a 2/3 Fly-Z hybrid playing at 16.5* and a 3/4 Fly-Z at 19.5*. Both are 3/4 inch longer than standard and that extra weight in the back provides such consistent launch and forgiveness that I now very much look forward to carries in the 170 to 185 range. Game changing how different golf is with the changes I made to both ends of my bag.

Last edited:
Hard to believe but it's been since the Lake Charles Bridgestone Invitational in 2014 since I have been to a THP event (gotta change that in 2016)

Only thing that has remained in my bag since then is my Bridgestone J40 3W (about to be replaced) and my Bridgestone 4 Hybrid (also could be on it's way out)

There is not as much changing as I thought there would be yet..

My last THP event was Cleveland Up & Down.

Since then I have changed everything except the wedges I got at the event.

Holy crap I have issues.

Last event LIITA-2015
Changes
1. Swapped a BioCell+ for a Fly-Z
2. Took out my 4 iron and replaced it with the Fly-Z hybrid
3. Thanks to JB and GG, I added a Seemore SB2C and a Cure RX1 to my putter options
4. Took out my TM 3W and 2H and replaced them with Callaway X2 Deep 3W & 5W
5. Switched to Chromesoft balls from BStone 330 RX & E6.

2015 Bridgestone Invitational @ Savannah Harbor. Everything is the same except the 5w, it used to be a TaylorMade RBZ Tour 18° 5 wood. Update is in my sig.

My last event in 2015 was the THP/Bridgestone Championship at Disney. Only two changes have been made to my bag since then--swapped back to a Metal X 2-Ball putter because I find the "feel" is better on Bermuda greens with it vs. the counterbalanced putter I was using, and recently replaced my 3 hybrid with an Altitude 3 iron. Both changes seem to be for the better so far, especially the putter.

My last event was the 2014 MC. My bag has changed from my Cobra sponsor back to Bridgestone clubs. I still own my first MC sponsor Bridgestone J40's and play J15's now. May be due for new clubs before to long. Thinking of switching it up... Callaway has me intrigued. Never gamed them.

What was your last THP event and how has your bag changed since?

My last event was the 2017 Morgan Cup. Here's my bag before and after

Through May 2017
Driver: Cobra F7
Fairway: Callaway 816
Hybrid: N/A???
Irons: Hogan PTx
Wedges: Cleveland RTX3
Putter: Cleveland HB 4

Current
Driver: Cobra F7+
Fairway: Cobra F7
Hybrid: Cobra King Oversized & Hogan VKTR
Irons: Cobra F7 One Length
Wedges: Cleveland RTX3
Putter: Toulon Memphis

Last edited:
2016....#TheCup

Complete bag switch over minus 3w

New driver: Epic SZ
New 2ihyb: Titleist
New irons: Wilson Staff Tour V6s
New wedges: all Boley sm6s
Different putter: Odyssey Tour Designs Black Series #9

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

My last was regional rivalry and the only major change was my utility iron. It cost me a point when I hit it into the water on #9 so I sold it.

Last event was Regional Rivalry in June and the only change since then has been the putter.

Last event was #THCE. 2 changes. I’ve dropped the Cure and gone back to a trusty old Seemore putter. Oh, and my driver has a new shaft in it

#FiberLaunch

Well.... uh.... Everything?

My last and only THP event was Legacy back in 2015. I am still playing the same irons and wedges that were part of that, but have different driver, 3w, and hybrids.

Regional rivalry in May and I don't even have the same bag I used for that event. Everything has changed

Shaft up and shaft up finale made my bag pretty much (Irons/wedges/Driver) since I got home I have added a 3 wood/hybrid to update my entire bag.

Last event was Ultimate Club Testing with Titleist this past October and it hasn't changed.

I've moved my wedge set up to fit my gaps better, but overall still the same bag

2017 Morgan Cup and haven't changed since then.

Went from Cally BB irons to F7 OL. Old Callaway Steelhead FW to F7 3 FW.

That has been the "only" changes made over the past year.

The Grandaddy - bag is all Callaway but with some new models that were released after our event. All my GD clubs are gamed still though

ShaftUp Grand Finale in November, got a C300 driver and Attas Coool shaft at the event and that's the only change I've made. I have pre ordered an F8+ driver that will go head to head with the C300 when I get it in hand, it's got its hands full against the C300. I've got to get some extra tips for testing though...shaft swapping will happen.

In the last 12 months though...every club has changed. Mostly because of the ShaftUp events. :D

Back