The best shot of the round

Was a combination of shots on the 533yrd par 5 15th. Striped one down the FW. Best drive of the day. leaving me about 219 to the middle of the green. Wind was with me and should have gone 6i but pulled the 5i just to be safe and get on the green. Landed about 12feet passed the pin and rolled out another 8-10feet. Left me a decent length putt for Eagle and nailed it!

Played in a St. Patrick's Day Golf Classic on Friday. This particular one is known for it's crazy pin placements. Par 3 hole I play a left to right shot into a right side pin. Ball settles in pin high about 8 feet right of the pin. We walk up to the hole and don't see the ball. But it was right there 8 feet right of the pin and about 3 inches down in a sprinkler head.

I had two best shots of the round yesterday that I'm proud of.

1st one was on the Par 5, number 2. Had a great driver up the right side of the fairway and had about 214 yards left to the green and up hill. I hit a sweet 4 iron that tracked all over the pin and the light little right to left breeze took it just left of the pin to the middle of the green. I had about 15 foot for an Eagle, and I lipped it out for a tap in birdie.

2nd was on the Par 5 number 8. I hit a decent driver down the right middle of the fairway and then popped up my 3 wood on my second shot, it left me with 165 to the pin, just a little up hill, not much. I took out my 8 iron and it was tracking all over the pin. I gave it a "be right" and it stopped and rolled up to 3 feet for a tap in birdie.

Lots of good options to pick from for me after today's round.

I converted 6 of 8 up & down attempts for pars.

Best shots I hit were...

Hole #12 - After a poor drive got a little lucky, I was left with 212 to the hole our of a poor lie in the rough. I hit a low, running hybrid that was right on line and ran up onto the green. It left me a long putt, but I was able to take 2 putts to convert the unlikely par.

Hole #14 - I hit a solid drive on this hole and was left with about 140 yards to the pin into a fairly stiff breeze. Instead of a full 8 iron, I decided on a smooth 7 iron into the breeze. I aimed it at the left side of the green and hit it right where I wanted. The ball hit the green, skipped once and then took the hill down to within 10 feet of the pin. I made the putt for the birdie.

Overall... very pleased with today!

130 yard 8 iron to 6 feet. (Made the birdie putt)

Back on the Birdie streak! Lets keep it going tom!

Be ready for 40 mph winds tomorrow (well, gusts. Sustained is only 25, hahaha).

1, 2, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 14 and 17 will be rough.

4 hybrid from 202 yards in the fairway. Pin high to 14 feet. Lipped out the birdie putt.

Who cares if we had gale force wind behind us or that it hit the cart path (twice)? I've never been close to here in one on this hole before. 128 from the pin. Ended up with a par.

7bb4eeafb6dcf49be107c90d4cc0de4a.jpg
bd573b0c4244b368a00e8171b033867d.jpg

Who cares if we had gale force wind behind us or that it hit the cart path (twice)? I've never been close to here in one on this hole before. 128 from the pin. Ended up with a par.

7bb4eeafb6dcf49be107c90d4cc0de4a.jpg
bd573b0c4244b368a00e8171b033867d.jpg

Good shot Mike! Muscle up off the tee!

Wasn't a great contact shot, but was a bit nervous on a Par 3 yesterday. Pulled my 8I for a 173yd pin and my happy feet/lifting up continued catching it a bit low on the face. Looked up and saw it tracking right at the pin. It was descending right towards the base and all of a sudden..."WHAM"...hit the pin, dropped 6 inches away and rolled to the far right side of the green some 20 feet away. Couldn't sink the bird but got it close enough for the par.

Wasn't a great contact shot, but was a bit nervous on a Par 3 yesterday. Pulled my 8I for a 173yd pin and my happy feet/lifting up continued catching it a bit low on the face. Looked up and saw it tracking right at the pin. It was descending right towards the base and all of a sudden..."WHAM"...hit the pin, dropped 6 inches away and rolled to the far right side of the green some 20 feet away. Couldn't sink the bird but got it close enough for the par.

Always the bridesmaid, huh Doug? lol (me too, so far)

Good shot brochacho!

The best shot of the round

Perfect 3/4 PW over water to here. Hole high 3 feet left for bird.

f98f54499acbe7408d1fd385bcea3d00.jpg

Solid par. Haha, my putting was awful today.

Terrible day on the course - I really need to hit the range and get my tempo and sequence straightened out. In spite of that, two shots that were pretty good.

1 - 3 hybrid from 230 out (downhill/downwind) on a par 5 to 20' short of the flag. Just missed the putt for birdie (drive caught trees and second was layup to where I could get to).
2 - Downhill, left to right putt from about 12' on a fast green for birdie.

37 degrees cold windy... 3rd hole straight into the wind drive slices way right, other fairway. 4 wood the same.. Layinng 60 yards right of green into the wind. Pitching wedge to 5 feet over bunkers.. made putt for par.

From yesterday's 9 holes. First is a pitch from 25y.

40cca09ce12bfa1b8a227a75e2056171.jpg

Then an 82y shot on 9 left this.

321b60d8a25e45a18113636d41d8a89f.jpg

2 chip ins from off the green for 2 birdies on the back nine helping to make for an even par back nine, 11 puts for the back nine. 3 over for the front nine. Great day with 10 fairways and hit the ProjectX 5.0 shafted Hogan Edge irons very well. Just a great golf day with friends, great spring Vegas weather and soft breezes. Does it get much better?

Had two yesterday. Played from the blues yesterday for our scramble, so it's a bit further than I'm used to playing at the CC.

1. 185 yard par 3 (#4): Twenty yards further back than I am used to playing. I typically pull my 5H here (as I need to carry the water which ends about five yards from the green), but I grabbed my FYBrid. Nice straight shot, hit the fringe and rolled up the green, coming to rest about 15 feet right of the pin, slightly downhill. Burned the edge of the cup for what would have been a birdie. We finished with par.

2. 165 yard par 3 (#9): Again twenty yards further back than I am used to playing. This is typically my 6H, but I pulled the 4H. Aimed for the left edge of the green and hit a nice cut (the pin was placed on the right side of the green, behind a bunker) that landed about pin high and rolled to the back of the green, giving us about a ten foot putt for par, since it was a slight downhill putt we went with another ball that gave us an uphill putt, but I was really pleased with this shot.

After one of my 2 decent drives of the day, I had 107 yards in..54 degree wedge to about 2 feet for a birdie. Only birdie on the day.

Last edited:
170yd fairway bunker to 4ft.
Picked a 6 iron clean on some pretty, fluffy sand, and drew it in to the pin to 4ft. Beautiful shot. Missed birdie putt.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

two stand out today.

first was par 3 15. slight breeze behind, can't miss long, lasered 167. pull 8i because i'm ok with being short. NUT it, ball stops within 2" of the pitchmark, about 15' short of the hole. really hit it pure.

second was 3rd shot on par 5 18 515y. very good drive, but nasty lie in the fairway. yes, in the fairway. i decide wth and pull 4w. hit it hard but leave it open and the wind pushes it a little, nails the cart path and finishes pin high but in some mulch and dirt. i have to fly the ball over a bunker, but past the hole is the street. hit an explosion shot that lands in the fringe and finishes about 25' from the hole and 2-putt for par.

133 yd PW hit 6 ft behind the flag, spun back to 18" for a kick in birdie. Chrome Soft ball.

Behind the tree with just enough room to hit a straight shot but with no follow thru, 45 yards to the green and left it 3 feet below the pin. Made the putt for par.

My last round I had 167 to a slightly elevated pin over some nasty Marsh, took 6 iron and put it to about 4 feet. Up Hill made the bird, felt great

Back