The Chipotle for Hackers thread!

Went to chipotle tonight. Perhaps unsurprisingly, zero line. 100% delicious though.

Look into their raw materials sourcing strategy. This is the only fast food joint I'd step into (other than Cinco Muchachos).
It's all garbage, I'd never eat it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The Chipotle for Hackers thread!

Hmm looks like the troubled stuff hasn't made it to Wisconsin. Good for me. Wife is out of town and this is #1 on the fast food list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting article on the Chipotle issue.

This is always going to be an issue though, not just for Chipotle but all restaurants. We want a safe food supply, and we should expect it. However, a decent portion of food safety is employee driven (i.e., proper hand washing, and ensuring that employees don't show up to work sick and contagious). Not sure most employees care (or even think) about such issues. Chipotle most likely got the double-whammy. The O26 will be traced back to the local farms, but the norovirus (aka Norwalk) was most likely a case of poor employee hygiene.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Chipotle is going to have a bit of an uphill climb on this one. Personally, I really like Chipotle, but I will definitely think twice before eating there in the near future.

The one near me is usually packed with UMass Dartmouth students, it's been pretty empty when I drive by on my way home at 5pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking Chipotle is going to have a bit of an uphill climb on this one.
As they should. Food safety should be the #1 priority for restaurants. No one should have to fear that their burrito could hospitalize (or worse, kill) them.

Tempting fate and have no ragrets

0dc683000880a389ac7d412373ed16f7.jpg

I'm just going to leave this here.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/henrymiller/2015/12/14/chipotle-the-long-defeat-of-doing-nothing-well/

Kind of reflects how I feel about Chipotle and their stance on GMO and organic food.

Poorly written as far as I can see. He had the opportunity to present facts and take the moral high ground, but instead mocked the company for doing what most companies are very good at... Taking advantage of a public too stupid to figure out what is being paraded in front of them. For what it's worth, I could give a crap what or how the ingredients of Chipotle are grown or acquired... But some love the organic nonsense and bought into it. So be it.

I love how he also claims they charge "at premium prices" ---- Ahem... what?!?!?!?!?! In what world is 6.50 for a massive load of burrito overpriced in today's world? Because the ground goop rebranded as 'meat' down at Taco bell can be had for a buck fifty?

This article is too douched with idiocy to even take seriously. Wah Chipotle acted like everyone else and their workers are dirtbags. Wah they get what they deserve.

Stop it already.

I had a double steak bowl for lunch today! It was glorious

Dow, a lawyer who is serving as local counsel in the case, said her three teenage boys — who “do sports and are often starving” — used to eat at the popular restaurant two or three times a week. She believed the offerings there were more healthful than other fast-food options. “We believed in the brand,” she said. “I feel a little duped.”

Keough had a burrito at Chipotle on Dec. 4, and began throwing up early the next morning, Dow said in a phone interview. By about 1 p.m., Dec. 5, “he was so sick he was almost catatonic,” she said. “He was sheet white. His heart was racing.” The family took him to Boston Children’s Hospital where he was given fluids and an antinausea medicine, which cost the family a $350 copayment. Keough described the pain of norovirus as being 10 times worse than a recent bout of appendicitis, Dow said.

Sounds a little sketchy that she is the local counsel on this...

I should have sued cucina bravo for giving me food poisoning in 2007. Jerks.
In regards to Chipotle's E. coli O26 outbreak, 52 people were infected and roughly 40% (20 total) had to be hospitalized. Why should someone, who reasonably expects that eating a meal at a restaurant shouldn't put them in the hospital, have to foot that bill ... especially when said restaurant was at fault?

When eating out and acquiring food poisoning, it's almost always the fault of the restaurant. Not sure why there shouldn't be some sort* of punishment for their failure to follow proper protocols.

*I'm not saying sue them for millions, but penalties should be issued especially for flagrant rule violations ... otherwise it'll just happen again.

In regards to Chipotle's E. coli O26 outbreak, 52 people were infected and roughly 40% (20 total) had to be hospitalized. Why should someone, who reasonably expects that eating a meal at a restaurant shouldn't put them in the hospital, have to foot that bill ... especially when said restaurant was at fault?

When eating out and acquiring food poisoning, it's almost always the fault of the restaurant. Not sure why there shouldn't be some sort* of punishment for their failure to follow proper protocols.

*I'm not saying sue them for millions, but penalties should be issued especially for flagrant rule violations ... otherwise it'll just happen again.

Force feed them their under prepared food!

I guess it's sort of pedantic since it's on them to check their supply chain as well, but the fault could lie with the supplier - especially with raw vegetables. Even if you wash something like spinach/lettuce/sprouts, you might not be able to wash off sufficient bacteria to prevent some people from getting sick.

Maybe the British had it right... boil all the things.
I guess it's sort of pedantic since it's on them to check their supply chain as well, but the fault could lie with the supplier - especially with raw vegetables. Even if you wash something like spinach/lettuce/sprouts, you might not be able to wash off sufficient bacteria to prevent some people from getting sick.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I had bad shrimp at Chili's awhile back and thought I was going to die that night. I didn't know I could sue them for all this!

#Merica

I had bad shrimp at Chili's awhile back and thought I was going to die that night. I didn't know I could sue them for all this!

#Merica

It depends.

Restaurants aren't automatically liable for someone getting sick from food poisoning. If the restaurant didn't follow their own procedures for handling/preparing food or if they didn't take reasonable efforts to handle/prepare the food (examples -- leaving raw meat at room temperature or not cleaning after processing raw meat), the restaurant could be responsible.

It's actually common sense. If the restaurant isn't doing what it's supposed to be doing and people get sick, the restaurant should be responsible. People shouldn't generally recover incredibly large sums of money unless something incredibly bad happens (like someone dying, which can unfortunately happen).

It depends.

Restaurants aren't automatically liable for someone getting sick from food poisoning. If the restaurant didn't follow their own procedures for handling/preparing food or if they didn't take reasonable efforts to handle/prepare the food (examples -- leaving raw meat at room temperature or not cleaning after processing raw meat), the restaurant could be responsible.

It's actually common sense. If the restaurant isn't doing what it's supposed to be doing and people get sick, the restaurant should be responsible. People shouldn't generally recover incredibly large sums of money unless something incredibly bad happens (like someone dying, which can unfortunately happen).

Sounded like I need to #LawyerUp and get down to the bottom of it!

Back