Rays for the Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
My Rays look like they are going this year. I have been a supporter (one of the few) since the beginning. Any other Rays fans out there?

Why/When did they change the name from the Devil Rays?

I liked "Devil Rays" much better. Those things are COOL!

manta_ray.jpg

1347.gif
2310.gif

Reactions: JB
  • Admin
It was last year. The name stood for losing unfortunately so the name change apparently worked.

• Admin
By the way Harry, if you ever get a chance and like seafood, order Skate Wing. Very similar species (if not the same) and tastes so good. Flavor of crab leg meat with the texture of fish.

• Admin
Do they win it tonight?

By the way Harry, if you ever get a chance and like seafood, order Skate Wing. Very similar species (if not the same) and tastes so good. Flavor of crab leg meat with the texture of fish.

So basically, you are telling me to eat your mascot?

Well, it wouldn't be the first time . . .

Mascot BBQ:

Texas beat the Aggies, 22-7. But the new mascot didn’t seem too happy about it. Possibly because he was shipped to Austin without any food or water, Bevo was in a foul mood and even charged a photographer trying take his portrait.

[. . .]

Bevo was soon afterward shipped to a ranch outside of Austin. He remained there until 1920, when the University tired of paying 50 cents a day to keep him fed. So the original Bevo ended up being served, as dinner, at that year's football banquet.

bevo.jpg
hookem.gif

What happened to the Royals? I thought they made the playoffs! Did they miss it . . . AGAIN?:laugh:

And no, they couldn't hold of the Sox. Surely they'll win one out of two at home though to pull it off.

One word about last night's game . . .

Oops.

That had to be one of the better playoff games last night. I cant believe Nancy Drew actually came up with a clutch hit. I hate that guy.

We will win tomorrow with Shields on the mound.

We will win tomorrow with Shields on the mound.

I think your guys lost that 6 run lead on purpose so they could win at home.

I wouldn't argue against that, except we do not want to face a game 7 against Boston. I bet nobody said that 10 years ago.

I still say "Balfour" is a horrible name for a pitcher!

But up until 2 days ago, he was fabulous this year.

So this is getting out of hand. It looks like my thread has jinxed them.

So this is getting out of hand. It looks like my thread has jinxed them.

Ya, I blame you too. At least the rest of the country gets to watch a game 7. There is nothing better in sports and remember the Sox were in this same spot last year.

I still say "Balfour" is a horrible name for a pitcher!

Are you kidding? "Grant Balfour" (don't forget the first name too) HAD to grow up to be a pitcher!

He was a Twin, I always liked him the best. It's very rare that sporting magic happens like that. For me, he's up there with Ryan Longwell, Dusty Magnum, and the Texas QB perfectly named Colt McCoy.

Ryan Longwell? You can't root for kickers...:wink:

Cant forget about the pitching coach for the Reds, Richard Pole. He goes by Dick though.

trickle_600px.jpg

Alright you two, alright, I concede! HAHAHA!

(How could I forget Dick Trickle? For shame!)

The greatest (and worst) name in sports history.

Oh my goodness ... 'Dick Pole' & 'Dick Trickle'??

-----------

Don't know if you've heard this one ....

An Inspirational Story

Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said. "Naaahhh, I already play 4 or 5 times a week."

Then they said to me. "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Heck, I could win this.​

Congrats to my Rays and we are going to the DANCE>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back